icanbenobody

my life in USA, Share yours too

42 posts in this topic

This is how i spend most of my time here in america..as a foreigner of this country and a stay at home mom/wife..other than household work,taking care of my daughter and cooking for family..I spend most of my time in the kitchen..if im not making a diy scented candle i bake some delicious bread,cookies,cupcake and cake..im no pro baker and i learn most of my recipe online(youtube and google) tutorial and i just play with their recipe to get to my own liking.. There's alot of things that we can do to make ourselves busy so we cant think of our home country so much(this is for all foreigners here in America) I hope people like me who are new in america wont think that life here is so hard, I know it is but we will learn to adjust sooner..Lets not let our boredom strike and miss our home country. Lets be productive,lets BAKE! 😊😊

Share your story too.

↓ down below is what i bake today😊a delicious rye bread and sourdough bread .

have a wonderful night to all..

2018-11-25_00.36.13.jpg

Great looking bread, my wife is the same, always fresh pandesal, banana bread and other treats. Trust me, your spouse is happy with it

2 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

Great looking bread, my wife is the same, always fresh pandesal, banana bread and other treats. Trust me, your spouse is happy with it

he is very happy and very supportive..he actually just bought me a new dutch oven for smooth baking 😊😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

The bread looks so delicious! I suck at baking so I don't think I will try it anytime soon. And as I live at quite a high altitude, I would need to consider that when baking so even less motivation :D I do some distance work for my company back in Estonia and hopefully will start work in the end of next week at a ski resort here, so I will get out of home a bit more. 

What I was thinking, if you wan't to add something else in your day, have you heard of bullet journals? Its kind of a system of making your own planner. I find it very soothing as its both practical and also artistic, so I can use my creativity. 

On 11/24/2018 at 11:41 PM, gaski said:

This is how i spend most of my time here in america..as a foreigner of this country and a stay at home mom/wife..other than household work,taking care of my daughter and cooking for family..I spend most of my time in the kitchen..if im not making a diy scented candle i bake some delicious bread,cookies,cupcake and cake..im no pro baker and i learn most of my recipe online(youtube and google) tutorial and i just play with their recipe to get to my own liking.. There's alot of things that we can do to make ourselves busy so we cant think of our home country so much(this is for all foreigners here in America) I hope people like me who are new in america wont think that life here is so hard, I know it is but we will learn to adjust sooner..Lets not let our boredom strike and miss our home country. Lets be productive,lets BAKE! 😊😊

Share your story too.

↓ down below is what i bake today😊a delicious rye bread and sourdough bread .

have a wonderful night to all..

2018-11-25_00.36.13.jpg

You would make me very fat!!! :yes: Beautiful bread...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

I also try baking too, lately I'm stocking up my pantry with ingredients to make Filipino delicacies (kutsinta, puto, etc.) I tried baking lemon bars once and it failed lol.

I'm the beneficiary but prior to what I do now, I was a chef so when I eventually move over there I'll pretty much be studying/exercise and cooking myself. Unfortunately my fianceé is the master baker and I'm much more the main meal cooker so that'll be what takes up most of my time. 

I couldn't have said it better than Boris64 though! 

19 hours ago, boris64 said:

You would make me very fat!!! :yes: Beautiful bread...

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, gaski said:

he is very happy and very supportive..he actually just bought me a new dutch oven for smooth baking 😊😊

Do you bake for other people or thought about doing it as a part time job? The reason why I say this is that the only other pinay in subdivision does this to earn money for herself while she is home all day with her anak. She bakes cakes, Spanish bread, pandesal, and sells it to other Filipinos in the area. My wife loves it because a lot of extra stuff sometimes she gives to my wife without her buying it, but other than that she does buy some Spanish bread or pandesal. We joke about it being some of the most expensive pandesal she has ever eaten because the pinay sells 1 dozen for $10. 

1 hour ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Do you bake for other people or thought about doing it as a part time job? The reason why I say this is that the only other pinay in subdivision does this to earn money for herself while she is home all day with her anak. She bakes cakes, Spanish bread, pandesal, and sells it to other Filipinos in the area. My wife loves it because a lot of extra stuff sometimes she gives to my wife without her buying it, but other than that she does buy some Spanish bread or pandesal. We joke about it being some of the most expensive pandesal she has ever eaten because the pinay sells 1 dozen for $10. 

thats a ridiculous price hahaha..and nope im only making it for family..i dont have any pinay friends in our area just yet plus i dont want to settle here 😂..we are moving next year 😁

maybe i should sell pandesal too with the lower price 😂😂

Edited by gaski

12 hours ago, mr&mrshinds said:

I also try baking too, lately I'm stocking up my pantry with ingredients to make Filipino delicacies (kutsinta, puto, etc.) I tried baking lemon bars once and it failed lol.

sometimes it worth to try and try until we get it right 😂😂sometimes i fail too welcome to the club 😂😂

4 minutes ago, gaski said:

thats a ridiculous price hahaha..and nope im only making it for family..i dont have any pinay friends in our area just yet plus i dont want to settle her..we are moving next year 😁

maybe i should sell pandesal too with the lower price 😂😂

Yeah that's why we joke about it being the "world's most expensive pandesal". We moved here to NC at the beginning of the year and really didn't have any pinay friends for a long time until they literally came walking up to our door one day. The husband told his wife that he has been seeing my car drive around with Philippine flag on the back, so they walked over one day to say hello. It turns out that he is a former Marine as well so we hit it off, and now my asawa has more than a few pinay friends here now. 

Where are you guys moving to? 

6 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah that's why we joke about it being the "world's most expensive pandesal". We moved here to NC at the beginning of the year and really didn't have any pinay friends for a long time until they literally came walking up to our door one day. The husband told his wife that he has been seeing my car drive around with Philippine flag on the back, so they walked over one day to say hello. It turns out that he is a former Marine as well so we hit it off, and now my asawa has more than a few pinay friends here now. 

Where are you guys moving to? 

we are thinking to move to florida but still looking for other state that is not too cold or too hot 😁

there are too many pinay in my city but i dont bother meeting them in person i dont want to hear their stressful story of my own kababayan 😅 😂you know some or most filipino "whiny" 

Edited by gaski

Just now, gaski said:

we are looking to move to florida but still looking for other state that is not too cold or too hot 

there are too many pinay in my city but i dont bother meeting them in person i dont want to hear their stressful story of my own kababayan 😅 😂you know some or most filipino "whiny" 

Oh I understand trust me. My asawa is like that as well, she is very stand offish trying to see if you are worth making her acquaintance. It sounds rude but she really hates people that are either too whiny, boastful, or just plain selfish. Also one thing that we see a lot done here is Filipinos getting together to gamble/play poker or hawk some MLM "business". We are not into stuff like that at all so my wife was thankful that this woman and her friends only play BINGO, lol. 

What does your asawa do for a living? You should move to NC or Florida. 

6 minutes ago, gaski said:

we are thinking to move to florida but still looking for other state that is not too cold or too hot 😁

my Asawa has a cousin in Louisville, she would fit that description

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.