Sophie & TJ

B2 Visa denied for parents for my wedding on K1

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 11/22/2018 at 1:42 AM, Sophie & TJ said:

Hello Everyone,

My parents got denied for their B2 Visa application in Nov, I don't know if they should apply for it again. Wish to get some advice here.

I got my K1 Visa in Nov, and my fiancé wrote an invitation letter for my parents for their B2 Visa application, because we want to invite them to come to US for our wedding in March 2019.

Because my parents income is not good, so my fiancé said he gonna pay for their expenses for their plane tickets, hotel room and food etc. in the invitation.

Here are the Q&A: (might not in same order)

VO: Purpose of visiting US?

Dad: To attend my daughter's wedding.

VO: Can I see her passport?

Dad: yes.(And then showed VO my passport with K1 Visa and my dad also give him the invitation letter and some pics of us with my fiancé)

VO: How many children do you have?

Dad: Only 1.

VO: How many days do you go to work every weekend?

Dad: 5 days, from Monday to Friday.

VO: Where do you live?

Dad: We live in Beijing.

VO: Sorry I can't give you visa.

So I want my parents to try to apply for B2 Visa again because I really want them to come to my wedding.

I want my parents to tell VO that they won't stay in America illegally because they know that would have bad influence for my status in US.

Also my fiancé booked the plane ticket for me to proof that I am going US to marry him. And he also booked the plane ticket because he will come to China to pick me up.

I don't know what else I can do to help...I wish someone can give me some advice...

Or should I just give it up and ask my parents to apply for tourist visa when I get Green card? :(

Thank you!

Your thinking the same I was, just wait until you get your Green card, but honestly that still won't help them to get a tourist visa. And you can't petition them to come I think until you have citizenship. Better off taking trips back to your home country and visiting them frequently, sorry to say but that is the reality.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

I am sure the Consulate have never come across that

Haha, yeah all of a sudden 10k in bank account...looks very suspicious :( Never mind then, yeah bad advice.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, javadown2 said:

Your thinking the same I was, just wait until you get your Green card, but honestly that still won't help them to get a tourist visa. And you can't petition them to come I think until you have citizenship. Better off taking trips back to your home country and visiting them frequently, sorry to say but that is the reality.

Nobody can petition for a tourist visa, greencard or citizen.

Tourists apply for their own visas and are approved or denied on their own circumstances.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, Boiler said:

I am sure the Consulate have never come across that

that will be bad ideal, co will ask your dad the sources of the money and if co find out that the money were send to them by you it will create impression that when they overstay you will still footing their bill.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

From my experience I believe that no one would be able to tell  the criteria of consular officers to grant a visa. Recently my mom and sister got their visa, we were concern about my application and my sister being single with no kids. My mom is a retired teacher (no worries with her). The interview focused on my sister current and past jobs, nothing else. No support documents were required.

®️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Tourist Visa rules are different that 

Fiance Visa Rules

Spousal Visa Rules 

Family-member Visa rules . 

For China, basically one has to have great reason to return to China. 

Usually this is show by 1) job 2) savings account book 3) property title 4) car title

and not much else.  

Everyone applying for a Tourist Visa is evaluated for possible overstay criteria.  IMO, your parents are nearing retirement age and without showing 1 through 4 at the interview ?  They'd be a good case for denial. 

As to applying again ? Sure - they can try, must show strong ties to China via 1 through 4. Paperwork / documentation submitted WITH the Visa Application. 

This stuff submitted prior, from your fiance - this is sorta troublesome - did you get this advice from some QQ group ? I hope no ! 

Go Get Em, and Good Luck ! 

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 12/12/2018 at 12:28 PM, Darnell said:

Tourist Visa rules are different that 

Fiance Visa Rules

Spousal Visa Rules 

Family-member Visa rules . 

For China, basically one has to have great reason to return to China. 

Usually this is show by 1) job 2) savings account book 3) property title 4) car title

and not much else.  

Everyone applying for a Tourist Visa is evaluated for possible overstay criteria.  IMO, your parents are nearing retirement age and without showing 1 through 4 at the interview ?  They'd be a good case for denial. 

As to applying again ? Sure - they can try, must show strong ties to China via 1 through 4. Paperwork / documentation submitted WITH the Visa Application. 

This stuff submitted prior, from your fiance - this is sorta troublesome - did you get this advice from some QQ group ? I hope no ! 

Go Get Em, and Good Luck ! 

Oh~ Thank you for your reply, noted on the reasons, I guess I was just think it's not that hard and we are being honest... I should've come here and ask around earlier... oh well, we will try maybe next year... 

Timeline
On 12/11/2018 at 8:18 AM, Valmabe said:

From my experience I believe that no one would be able to tell  the criteria of consular officers to grant a visa. Recently my mom and sister got their visa, we were concern about my application and my sister being single with no kids. My mom is a retired teacher (no worries with her). The interview focused on my sister current and past jobs, nothing else. No support documents were required.

Oh Congratulations!!! That's such a good news~ Hope we will be lucky next year~

Timeline
On 12/6/2018 at 1:00 AM, javadown2 said:

Yea, reality is cruel... thank you for your advice~ We will try it next year~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.