Sparky223

Police Certificate in Nigeria CR-1

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Can anyone tell me exactly what is needed. We are entering the NVC phase. Can it be done in Port Harcourt or does she have to go to Lagos? Thank you

Edited by Sparky223

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Sparky223 said:

Can anyone tell me exactly what is needed. We are entering the NVC phase. Can it be done in Port Harcourt or does she have to go to Lagos? Thank you

It’s only in Lagos oh. Was lucky to render a medical help to a senior colleague in a bus on my way to Lagos to get my police report. She had a contact there. She relocated to Canada last year. She heard me on phone in the bus talking to a friend about directions to the police force hq on the island. She gave me the contact of a sergeant that prepares the file and that was like a miracle to me. I called  the guy and he came out to pick me and took me in without the necessary checks. I sat down and in less than an hour I filled the forms on his table, did the thumb printing and I paid 10k flat. The fee online is 6k officially. Booom my police certificate came out duly signed and stamped.

You need 

1. International passport 

2. 6-10k ( it might not be ready in a day if you can’t part with some few bucks)

3. 2 Passport photographs

If you are coming all the way from south south axis, you need to move fast.

All the best

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sparky223 said:

Passport, at least 10k, they are gonna want alot but sometimes they'll take 8 or 9k, and 2 passport size pics. 

NOA1: 3/20/2017

hardcopy: 3/24/2017

NOA2: 7/13/2017

hardcopy: 7/17/17

NVC received: 7/24/17

Embassy received: 7/31/17

Interview: 11/9/2017 APPROVED!

Visa in hand: 11/16/17

POE: 11/20/17 via Washington D.C

Married 1/19/18 via Detroit

AOS.AP.EAD packet received 4/18/18

AP.EAD Approved 10/18/18

AP.EAD in hand 11/17/2018

AOS interview scheduled 11/20/18

• 1 month later...
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Olori said:

hello, I am in the process of NVC now, please do you mind sharing that contact with me of the police officer , someone just told me its 30k to get it. I don't mind if you inbox me thanks

My wife did hers in Port Harcourt. 10k plus about 3k to actually get them to do their job. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi Guys

Really good job you guys are up to here , Nice one!

I am Cr1 candidate and i am schedule for interview for the coming month but i have a question about international police cllearance.

One of my police clearance from other countries  I couldn't retrieve the original via courier service, do you think the printed copy from my email would allow me seat for my interview? Pls advise

Edited by A3ap

Timeline

Hi Guys,

Please i need help  about my international police report.

Am  unable to retrieve  the original police international police clearance  from courier service, do you think the printed copy from my e-mail that i submitted to NVC would allow me seat for my interview? plus my interview is  few weeks away.... Pls advise

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:00 AM, A3ap said:

Hi Guys

Really good job you guys are up to here , Nice one!

I am Cr1 candidate and i am schedule for interview for the coming month but i have a question about international police cllearance.

One of my police clearance from other countries  I couldn't retrieve the original via courier service, do you think the printed copy from my email would allow me seat for my interview? Pls advise

@DamilolaA 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Olori said:

No you need the Original.

On 2/19/2019 at 12:41 PM, A3ap said:

Hi Guys,

Am  unable to retrieve  the original police international police clearance  from courier service, do you think the printed copy from my e-mail that i submitted to NVC would allow me seat for my interview? plus my interview is  few weeks away.... Pls advise

Timeline
On 2/19/2019 at 12:41 PM, A3ap said:

Hi Guys,

Are you reffering to a nigerian police certificate? what country??

Timeline
2 hours ago, DamilolaA said:

Are you reffering to a nigerian police certificate? what country??

I have the original of Nigeria police certificate but the internation (TANZANIA) i have a scanned copy and payment receipt, I couldn't retrieve the original from courier service.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, A3ap said:

I have the original of Nigeria police certificate but the internation (TANZANIA) i have a scanned copy and payment receipt, I couldn't retrieve the original from courier service.

You would need to request a new one from Tanzania and get it posted to you, you are required to bring originals to your interview, by all means make sure you get the original, perhaps have it mailed to a friend in TZ and get them to post for u. Or just go to TZ it's expensive but it's visa free for Nigerians I would do that if I had no choice, they won't take any excuse at the consulate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.