lovemeow

Flu Shot? I-693? for AOS interview

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day to all,

I posted yesterday whether if I need to have an I-693 form completed by a Civil Surgeon where I have filed my AOS from K1 within a year where I submitted a DS3025 Completed Vaccination Requirements and I got replies from VJ'ers that I don't need a I-693 

But, I just got to realize....

I have read that the Flu Season starts October 1 and ends March 31. I had my medical examination in  the Philippines (St. Luke's) on February 2018 (Flu Season) and the doctor told me that there's no need for a Flu Vaccine then I told the doctor that I had a severe allergic reaction to Flu shots,  but since I have to undergo Sputum exam which results came after 2 months, so my medical were cleared and my Vaccinations were given on April 2018, the doctor in SLEC told me again that there's no need for Flu vaccine because it's not Flu Season. My DS 3025 shows Completed Vaccination Requirements with a Blanket Waiver indicated on Flu Vaccine (F)- Flu Vaccine not available.

I filed my AOS on June 2018 (not Flu Season), and now my interview is scheduled this December 2018 (Flu Season). So, do I need to go to a Civil Surgeon to have a I-693 form completed and to update regarding the flu shot-- that I have to let him indicate that I have severe allergies to Flu Shots (for documentation purposes).

Thanks for the replies

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey! 

It doesn't matter if it's flu season or not at the time of your interview. I remember going through this myself, for me it wasn't flu season and I was against the shot, by the doctor kept insisting on it until I showed the part about it in the form. As long as the time when ur vaccination medical form was done during a NON-flu season (april) then you are fine, you don't need any extra documentation 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.