Scott Rusticus

Administrative Processing

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We have received our case number from the NVC. When I called this morning to see if it had left the NVC for the embassy in Caracas, they said it was in administrative processing. What does that mean? Will I have to send additional documentation?  Should I necessarily take that as a sign of delay?  The NOA2 had an expiration date of the middle of February on it. Is that a problem. Do we need to have the whole process completed before then?n n Has anyone else had this with administrative processing??  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

**Post moved from K1 Process to Progress Reports where similar posts are discussed.

AP is very common. The question is, did they give you a piece of paper at the interview that said anything? Are they waiting for any additional documents that you have not presented yet? Yes, it will delay the process but no one will be able to tell you for how long because each case is completely unique. Don't worry about the expiration of the NOA2, the embassy automatically renews that date. 

Timeline

There has not been an interview yet. The application packet is at the NVC. We are waiting to have it sent to the embassy in Caracas to be able to schedule an interview. What would be an average wait time?

Timeline
29 minutes ago, C-ma'am said:

**Post moved from K1 Process to Progress Reports where similar posts are discussed.

AP is very common. The question is, did they give you a piece of paper at the interview that said anything? Are they waiting for any additional documents that you have not presented yet? Yes, it will delay the process but no one will be able to tell you for how long because each case is completely unique. Don't worry about the expiration of the NOA2, the embassy automatically renews that date. 

This is so frustrating. I do not understand why they can not give me an approximate timeline. I am just wondering if anyone else has had their case in “administrative processing” at the NVC at how long it stayed there before being sent to the embassy. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I responded to your PM, Scott. Breathe in and out! The NVC is truly a pit stop for the packages to make it to the appropriate embassy and it takes 2-3 weeks (we have Thanksgiving in the middle).

I think they are saying AP but not necessarily because it's in AP but rather because it's the step it's going through before being sent to the embassy.

16 hours ago, Scott Rusticus said:

We have received our case number from the NVC. When I called this morning to see if it had left the NVC for the embassy in Caracas, they said it was in administrative processing. What does that mean? Will I have to send additional documentation?  Should I necessarily take that as a sign of delay?  The NOA2 had an expiration date of the middle of February on it. Is that a problem. Do we need to have the whole process completed before then?n n Has anyone else had this with administrative processing??  

This activity started about 3 months ago where they are sending the case files in batches. The cases files are leaving NVC every other Tuesday and Wednesday if needed. Next batch is leaving 11/27/28. This does not include electronic cases or isolated cases but the majority of cases are following this pattern.

There is nothing you need to do. Use your case number and go to ceac.state.gov and select "immigrant" and enter the 13 digit case number and you will see either "in transit or received or ready". In transit = on its way to your embassy. received = embassy has received your case file and ready = that your case is ready for the interview.

Here is some additional information for you to get ready for the interview.

When you are at the VJ sub forum for all things dealing with the US Embassy in Caracas most there will help answer your questions for the processing of your visa using their personal experience.

Link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/

This is an advance copy of the P3 letter for your interview preparation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EZlmKv__mG52r3-ZBHWXcbOTphMCZOb/view?usp=sharing

Now you have enough to do so you won't be so frustrated. Good luck.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

So being in administrative processing is not a bad sign and I should expect it to be in transit next week? Even with the Thanksgiving holiday in there. Just wondering what would be considered a “special case.”   Thank you for your response 

Timeline

When I go to the CEAC website to check it tells me I have to enter the invoice ID number the NVC sent me. I do not know what they are talking about. What does that mean? 

13 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

When I go to the CEAC website to check it tells me I have to enter the invoice ID number the NVC sent me. I do not know what they are talking about. What does that mean? 

In the instructions that I gave you in my original post, I explained to use your 13 digit case number. It will start with three letter and 10 numerical digits. example - MNLXXXXXXXXXX. Your three letters will be different and will identify your embassy.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I understand that, but when I put that in it said I had to put in an invoice number that NVC sent me. I do not possess that and I do not know what this means. Do you? Is this a delay? I have not received any mail from the NVC

Timeline

I may have clicked on the wrong thing.  When I put int eh case number it just says AT NVC. Should I anticipate it being sent out next week?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 11/21/2018 at 12:50 PM, Scott Rusticus said:

I may have clicked on the wrong thing.  When I put int eh case number it just says AT NVC. Should I anticipate it being sent out next week?

Your case should be "in transit" at least 3 weeks later after you got Noa2, You can email the embassy  about adding your applicant's email address to their system then they can send your beneficiary epackage 3 sooner or you can wait 2 months later to get the letter from the embassy,not sure if they'd email the petitioner epackage 3.Your beneficiary can pre-active to start the DS160 but not to submit till he or she prepares to schedule the interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.