bavana Havana

the officer make mistake center nebraska

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

since  21 march  we waiting for the approval from nebraska center , till we get letter RFE  sayin that my husband  didnt sign the form i130a  ,  at the form they saying if my husband  outside USA i can sign it  and i did , but this RFE  sayin my husband  should i called  them yesterday  they said am right and they dont know why the office ask for it  i dont understant  what wrong with this 

46456167_754378068265280_4718133084891906048_n.jpg

mochkila uscis.png

IO is right....I130A is supposed to be signed by benificary and if benificary is out side USA either u leave it blank or petitioner should arrange to have it signed by benificary regardless of what the instructions saying in order to reduce wait time....in today world there r many recourses to have your docs delivered where ever u want and re delivered to original location...so just my opinion for future applicants to just have benificary signed by INK form I130A ...to kill extra wait time which could be tackled upfront when filling.. Again I could be wrong but that’s what my experience says regarding blogs of people who got REF for signed I130 A

Timeline
29 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Curious 

Why did u submit I 130a?

i submit it  and signed just my husband not here with me  was think they will accept it  the information i submited was correct of my husband 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, savana said:

i submit it  and signed just my husband not here with me  was think they will accept it  the information i submited was correct of my husband 

but the I 130 form is the correct one not the I 130a

Timeline
Just now, adil-rafa said:

but the I 130 form is the correct one not the I 130a

they  didnt accept my signature on the form i130a  they wants my husband  sign it 

Timeline
1 hour ago, savana said:

they  didnt accept my signature on the form i130a  they wants my husband  sign it 

Fill out a I 130  and sign it 

forget the I 130a

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

Fill out a I 130  and sign it 

forget the I 130a

There is a I 130 for the petitioner and the I 130 A is for the beneficiary . They are both submitted. She is right. If the beneficiary is not in the USA,  the I 130 will not require to be signed. It's a mistake from the officer.

Timeline
Just now, IF-Mclean said:

There is a I 130 for the petitioner and the I 130 A is for the beneficiary . They are both submitted. She is right. If the beneficiary is not in the USA,  the I 130 will not require to be signed. It's a mistake from the officer.

I never submitted a I 130a

it didn't say it is required

Timeline
7 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

I never submitted a I 130a

it didn't say it is required

You probably submitted long time ago. There was another form for the beneficiary but I don't recall the name. Now there is I 130 and I 130 A .

Timeline
8 minutes ago, IF-Mclean said:

You probably submitted long time ago. There was another form for the beneficiary but I don't recall the name. Now there is I 130 and I 130 A .

wow 

so,  when people go to marry , they should take these forms with them to fill with spouse

i did that anyway as we use to have to do the bio form

and one section said to fill out in his native language

can  the person sign it with a POA?

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline
3 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

wow 

so,  when people go to marry , they should take these forms with them to fill with spouse

i did that anyway as we use to have to do the bio form

and one section said to fill out in his native language

can  the person sign it with a POA?

I don't know when the form was changed because we applied in late 2017. The I-130 and the I-130A can be filled by the petitioner. If the beneficiary is not living in the USA his signature is not required. That was my case.

Timeline
1 hour ago, IF-Mclean said:

I don't know when the form was changed because we applied in late 2017. The I-130 and the I-130A can be filled by the petitioner. If the beneficiary is not living in the USA his signature is not required. That was my case.

then why is USCIS telling this person they need the benefiary to sign it and giving a RFE for this

i did take a look at the form and it says beneficary signature required

The I-130 + I-130A is required for a spouse. This was added in either late 2016 or early 2017.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.