Bjh

What counts as 1 visit and how many does USCIS/DOS like to see for higher fraud countries?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiancee is from Brazil, almost 26, I'm a US citizen by birth, recently turned 28, and she was in the US from Dec-June for about 6 months on a B1Visa. We dated once, sometimes twice a week for 4 months Jan-May and spent 8-12 hours together each time. Lots of photos together in various places that are dated and annotated. I'd say 20 or so dates.

I'll be visiting Brazil around Christmas for 6 days (first time ever in any foreign country other than Canada! Whoo!) And meeting her aunts, uncles, cousins, mother, brothers, and grandma...and of course taking plenty of pics.

I have chat logs from WhatsApp since June (I lost the others due to getting a new phone) as well as screenshots of Facebook messages and public status updates and wall posts between her, me and/or my mother, including the very first messages between us on Facebook back in August 2017. I'll be including receipts for our hotel for our "first time" as well as receipt for the engagement rings.

In addition to the required statements of intent to marry in 90 days from me and her, I will be getting signed statements from myself and her saying that we started talking on Facebook and have never used any IMB of any kind to communicate and will include Facebook's ToS. I will also be getting signed statements from her mother, in both Portuguese and certified English translation, as well as from both my parents stating that they are all aware of and support the marriage.

So does all the dating in the US count as 1 visit or multiple visits for each date? And do you think all of this would be enough to show a bonafide relationship? I want to front load the ####### out of the I-129f because AFAIK Brazil is a high fraud country.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

By VJ standards, you two have already spent plenty of time together. Brazil isn't really considered a high fraud country for K-1 visas. I don't think you need signed statements from anyone else. And I wouldn't mention anything about FB. Just say the first time you met in person. That avoids the whole IMB "problem". Just my 2 cents. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

More the holiday type romance, spend a week and get engaged married.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It's not the number of visits that USCIS takes into affect, it's the total face to face time. You're good.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I agree with @usmsbow Brazil isn't a high-fraud country for K-1 visas. The whole process there is pretty simple for Brazil. Put together what they ask for in the application, include hard evidence that you were together (passport stamps, place tickets) as well as some soft evidence (photos, communication, etc.) Check out the reviews on VJ for the consulate in Rio (where K-1 interviews are done) and you'll get the feeling of what is expected. Most people report being approved at the interview unless a piece of documentation is missing and receive the visa soon after (not guaranteed, just the average experience).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They only care about the most recent visit before you filed.

other stuff can be provided at interview to prove a bonafide relationship.

Edited by debbiedoo

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

13 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

They only care about the most recent visit before you filed.

other stuff can be provided at interview to prove a bonafide relationship.

Most embassies and consulates ignore evidence brought to interview.  In fact they dont have to acknowledge any evidence recieved after the I-129F is submitted but generally will accept anything in the package they recieve from the NVC

Edited by NikLR
Stupid phone autocorrect

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Most embassies and consulates ignore evidence brought to interview.  In fact they dont have to acknowledge any evidence recieved after the I-129F is submitted but generally will accept anything in the package they recieve from the NVC

right. BUT they are only concerned about having met ONCE in 2 years. prove that, and thats all you need. on paper, at least. all consulates are different as we know.

i think thats ludicrous, but thems the rules lol

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

But they do specifically include further evidence of bona fide relationship into the interview check-list. What for?

14 minutes ago, HP+IC said:

But they do specifically include further evidence of bona fide relationship into the interview check-list. What for?

You should bring it regardless. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
3 hours ago, HP+IC said:

Well plenty of embassies do look at that additional evidence. They certainly did at my wife's interview. I think she would have approved even if she hadn't brought a bunch of additional photos, but they did look at them. 

As others have said, I don't think you have too much to worry about

1) You met in the USA while she was legally visiting. If she was desperate to stay in the USA she could have overstayed, or married then. Relatively good proof that her intentions are genuine, and not about getting into the USA.

2) You've spent way more time together than some people in these forums. You don't need to visit Brazil as you've met face to face within past 2 years, but the fact that you're going there to meet her family etc again is good evidence of a genuine relationship

3) You're a similar age (big age difference can be a red flag)

From the details you've given, I can't see any problems at all.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

20 hours ago, Bjh said:

My fiancee is from Brazil, almost 26, I'm a US citizen by birth, recently turned 28, and she was in the US from Dec-June for about 6 months on a B1Visa. We dated once, sometimes twice a week for 4 months Jan-May and spent 8-12 hours together each time. Lots of photos together in various places that are dated and annotated. I'd say 20 or so dates.

I'll be visiting Brazil around Christmas for 6 days (first time ever in any foreign country other than Canada! Whoo!) And meeting her aunts, uncles, cousins, mother, brothers, and grandma...and of course taking plenty of pics.

I have chat logs from WhatsApp since June (I lost the others due to getting a new phone) as well as screenshots of Facebook messages and public status updates and wall posts between her, me and/or my mother, including the very first messages between us on Facebook back in August 2017. I'll be including receipts for our hotel for our "first time" as well as receipt for the engagement rings.

In addition to the required statements of intent to marry in 90 days from me and her, I will be getting signed statements from myself and her saying that we started talking on Facebook and have never used any IMB of any kind to communicate and will include Facebook's ToS. I will also be getting signed statements from her mother, in both Portuguese and certified English translation, as well as from both my parents stating that they are all aware of and support the marriage.

So does all the dating in the US count as 1 visit or multiple visits for each date? And do you think all of this would be enough to show a bonafide relationship? I want to front load the ####### out of the I-129f because AFAIK Brazil is a high fraud country.

As visits and time together for USCIS goes you got more than enough time together right now, especially after the Christmas visit. As of right now you do not need the affidavits from yours or her parents at all because you are both above age and don't need them at all. 

You can front load stuff but I would leave out the wall posts, public status updates, or a ####### ton of screenshots of FB/Whatsapps messages. I would show primarily the photos of you two together here in the USA, you in Brazil with her and her family. Also I would give a brief overview of your relationship written down of how you met, spent time together and where. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, kris&me said:

No offense, but that is one of the most useless links for anyone going through the K-1 process. Not that many countries are considered high fraud for K-1. I don't recall seeing anyone on VJ from Brazil having any problems getting a K-1 visa. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.