BB Family

K2 Visa for 19 y/o

24 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Barker Family said:

Of course the fiancé speaks to the lawyer about it after my friend talk to him. And the lawyer told them if they try to add her (the daughter) it will stop the I129f. And I think they are to afraid to call NVC because Of what the lawyer just said...I hate lawyers... 

17 hours ago, Barker Family said:

Unfortunately I concur. But some people are so intimidated by this process. When I asked why they went with a lawyer In the first place she said her fiancé is busy and didn’t have enough time... however I told her he still had to provide every piece of information and he could have just as easily completed it himself. They even had to call the lawyer to look at the i129f. Because they weren’t provided a copy 

Listen,

They don't have time to be playing around with this incompetent lawyer. You need to express this to them. If they continue to work with this lawyer, they would definitely encounter problems that would delay their process. Have I mentioned how time is of the essence here?

Do what you can to get them away from the lawyer. You are better qualified to help them than that lawyer.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

3 hours ago, Barker Family said:

Also does she need the fathers consent since she is of age?

This can be an issue not because of age but the PI family code. There are some in the sub-forum for the PI where this question should be asked as it is Country/Embassy/CFO specific and they have knowledge on this topic. Worth asking.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi,

K-2's are not mentioned on the NOA2 notice. 

As long as you mention them on the I-129F form then you are good. 

Once you hear from the embassy you have to inform them that you are also seeking a K-2 visa and pay the fees for a K-2 also.

If the K-2 had a medical with the K-1 and this was sent to the embassy (Don't know how it works in that country) they will also know that a K-2 visa will be needed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Hi,

K-2's are not mentioned on the NOA2 notice. 

As long as you mention them on the I-129F form then you are good. 

Once you hear from the embassy you have to inform them that you are also seeking a K-2 visa and pay the fees for a K-2 also.

If the K-2 had a medical with the K-1 and this was sent to the embassy (Don't know how it works in that country) they will also know that a K-2 visa will be needed. 

OP said a child was not mentioned in I-129F. 

Here's a law regarding age of majority in Philippines:

Article 234 of Executive Order No. 209, the Family Code of the Philippines, is hereby amended to read as follows: "Art. 234.Emancipation takes place by the attainment of majority. Unless otherwise provided, majority commences at the age of eighteen years."  David

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Just to be absolutely clear, the daughter MUST have arrived on American soil at least one day before her 21st birthday. Once here she can AOS with no problem.

They've made me so frustrated... her fiancé wont take any action until the lawyer replies. I told her how important this is to handle as soon as possible.. with this being a holiday week, the lawyer may not even reply by tomorrow, NVC will be closed for the holiday and wont reopen till Monday. so that's nearly a week lost. Ive repeatedly told her to stop using that lawyer.. he doesn't care about anything with their case. He has been paid and doesn't care about anything else. Any questions asked is just another problem he has to deal with.. and probably lacks the knowledge or experience to properly handle this any way.. as previously displayed in his comment about "female children needing to be under age 18, and male children can be 21" in regards to k2. But the fiancé(petitioner) refuses to make the call to even ask NVC himself about this situation of adding the beneficiaries daughter to the I129f. The lawyer didn't even provide them a copy of the I129f before it was mailed. And they had to contact him to see if he even added the daughter or not. Sorry I'm just venting on the incompetence of the lawyer and the ignorance of my friend....

K1 Process 192 Days (From Mailing to POE)

Spoiler

08-17-2018 Mailed I-129F to Dallas, TX

08-20-2018 Delivered to Dallas, TX

08-23-2018 USCIS Text and email with Receipt #

08-27-2018 Received NOA1 Hard Copy

11-21-2018 CFO Interview- Passed. Received certificate and Receipt.

01-11-2019 Approved I129F. Received Text and Email. 

01-14-2019 NOA2 Hard Copy received- Stated Received date as 20Aug18, and NOA2 date as 10Jan19. DS-160 Submitted

01-25-2019 NVC Case Number by phone.

01-28-2019 Paid Visa Fee at BPI

01-29-2019 Scheduled Interview

02-05-2019 Case "In Transit" from NVC to USEM Philippines

02-07-2019 “Case Ready” at NVC 

02-08-2019 Received NVC Letter email

02-12-2019 Completed Medical

02-14-2019 Interview Passed

02-15-2019 Case Immigrant "Administrative Processing"

02-25-2019 Case “Nonimmigrant Administrative Processing”

02-27-2019 Visa Issued

03-04-2019 Visa On Hand

03-06-2019 CFO Sticker received

03-07-2019 POE Atlanta 

AOS Process

Spoiler

05-03-2019 Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

05-07-2019 Packet arrived to USCIS

05-28-2019 AOS Fee Charged to Card

05-29-2019 NOA Date

06-03-2019 Received NOA Receipts

06-07-2019 Biometrics Letter

06-17-2019 Biometrics appointment

08-07-2019 Ready to schedule interview

08-27-2019 Interview Scheduled

09-03-2019 Interview letter received.

09-18-2019 EAD Card in production 

09-19-2019 AP Approved

09-23-2019 EAD Card mailed

09-30-2019 EAD Card received 

10-04-2019 Interview passed/Card in production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.