Megan&Daniel

Interview today

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 hours ago, Megan&Daniel said:

My fiance just arrived at the US embassy in London for his K1 visa interview. 

Don't have a question, I am just so damn nervous I don't know what to do with myself. 

We are beyond prepared and feel really confident but those what if's  are currently eating me alive! ( ok, slightly dramatic but I am sure most of you understand!)

Fingers crossed!

Don't worry. The most important thing is to KNOW your fiance (If one has been dating sincerely, it is no problem). Ah, yes and the paperwork. They give one a checklist. So you will be fine. Good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't worry, my fiance is also from the UK and I went with him to his interview. It was really simple and your SO shouldn't have any issues if everything is normal with your case!

💕 Our Love Story 💕

Met Online: December 18th, 2014

Met in Person: August 31st, 2016

Began Dating: October 28th, 2016

Moved in Together in the UK: August 21st, 2017

Filed I-129F: February 7th, 2018

NOA1 Received: February 14th, 2018 💗

He Officially Proposed: August 8th, 2018

NOA2 Received: August 14th, 2018 

NVC Received: August 31st, 2018

Consulate Received: September 21, 2018

Medical Exam (Knightsbridge): October 3rd, 2018

Interview Date (London): October 24th, 2018

K1 Visa Issued: November 21st, 2018

Passport Received: November 27th, 2018

POE (Detroit): December 2nd, 2018 💚

Applied for SSN: December 22nd, 2018

Married: January 17th, 2019 💕

SSN Received: January 25th, 2019

AOS Filed: February 8th 2019

AOS Received: February 14th 2019

Biometrics Appointment Received: April 12th, 2019

Biometrics Rescheduled: July 15th, 2019

Green Card Appointment: August 1st 2019

Green Card Approved: August 29th, 2019

Green Card Issued: September 30th, 2019

Filed I-751: July 8th, 2021

I-751 Received: July 12th, 2021

Biometrics Waived: September 9th, 2021

Updated Green Card Printed: January 31st, 2023

Petition for Removal of Conditions Approved: February 1st, 2023

10 Year Green Card Received: February 6th, 2023

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 hours ago, Megan&Daniel said:

He just got out! We have been approved! Thanks to all of you for your support and contributions to this website!

Congratulations! You guys will be together for the holidays in the US.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Looks like someone didn’t listen to a MAJOR recommendation. Do not book the ticket until visa is in hand. I think you’ll be ok. But, you never know. Congratulations!  

Actually I booked a ticket with the ability to change the date. I was not worried about that. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Congratulations, thats awesome! 

How was he updating you from inside the embassy? From what I can tell here in NZ we're not allowed to take phones past security, or even a digital watch.

I hope his passport etc arrive quickly and there is no need to rebook that flight! All the best to you both :)

Timeline
25 minutes ago, sherydenise said:

How was he updating you from inside the embassy? From what I can tell here in NZ we're not allowed to take phones past security, or even a digital watch.

I hope his passport etc arrive quickly and there is no need to rebook that flight! All the best to you both :)

They told him he was allowed to bring in his cell phone so he was messaging me. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, sherydenise said:

London allows cell phones now. Each embassy is different.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.