RosalynRenderos

I am disabled and recieve ssi and social security how will it effect my 130A appication my income is below proverty

35 posts in this topic

Good afternoon

I have been married almost 2 years, we have been together 2 years before marriage

Mu husband was deported 11/18/2017 becuase he failed to leave United States on voluntarily departure  

He was charged with domestic violence from a ex wife 

I am filing for him 130 and I30A 

But i do not work i recieve social security benefits 

I have been living with him in El Salvador for since 12/29/2017

I just came back to United States 11/6/2018 to file petetion

Any advise on how to get my husband back fast , i need him here to help me in everyway possible 

Im using my whole social security check to pay fees, and live with family members now that i became homeless IN United States 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It appears you will need to find a co-sponsor.  As to doing this fast, or dealing with USCIS this is a tough case since he was already deported.  Cases like this don’t usually lend themselves to DIY which of course leads to more cost and time for legal services.  You may want to research immigration groups or churches in your area to see if you can get some help with your situation.  Do a search for pro bono immigration services in your city.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I agree  you will need a Joint Sponsor, that can be a family member with sufficient income.

Nothing fast, say 15 months for an IR1 and then a year or so for the waiver.

Big issue is the DV charge, Immigration has major issues with DV and that may be difficult to overcome.

He has bans presumably for illegal presence and of course failure to depart. Anything else?

Anyway consultation with a competent LAwyer familiar with waiver issues would be your first stop.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
56 minutes ago, CEE53147 said:

You need to realize that one he is he and working, you are likely to lose your SSI because it is based on household income. I am trying to understand how you received SSI while you were not a US resident.

SSI can continue when a person is living outside the US.  https://blog.ssa.gov/social-security-benefits-u-s-citizens-outside-the-united-states/

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

I am a usa citizen, that is why am able to recieve ssi and social security,  dont mine to lose ssi benefits when my husband come back to United States and working 

i know we would need a 601 waiver and 212 

Timeline

Sounds like he also has a 212(a)(6)(B)

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, missileman said:

SSI can continue when a person is living outside the US.  https://blog.ssa.gov/social-security-benefits-u-s-citizens-outside-the-united-states/

SSDI and SSI are two entirely different animals.  SSDI is an earned benefit. SSI is a welfare program which varies by state. People need to be aware of the differences and qualifying factors.  People can and usually do qualify for one but not the other.  OP indicated she qualified for both. In my state, SSI requires residency and allocations for living expenses. Living expenses without payment for rent qualifies as income.

1 hour ago, missileman said:

SSI (Supplemental Security Income) benefits cannot continue when the person is outside of the country for more than 30 consecutive days; SSDI and SS retirement benefits can. In order for an individual to reinstate SSI benefits, he/she needs to be back in the US for 30 + consecutive days.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, RosalynRenderos said:

Im not concered about ssi , 

Im concerned about my husband returning to United States 

That very much depends on his Immigration history.

You mentioned he has a Removal Order, Deportation I assume at least one year of illegal presence, a DV charge, was there any conviction? and what else?

Have you consulted with an Immigration Lawyer?

The first thing is to assess all the issues and then determine what can be filed and when.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

With the deportation and DV charges, coming here will require a VERY good, and likely, VERY expensive attorney. Is he under a ban of any kind? He will require a waiver, most certainly (and those are outside my realm of knowledge)

With an income below the minimum required amount, you will need a co sponsor, most definitely.

It may be more feasible for you to live/move there.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Yes i have been there for 10 months out of  this year in El Salvador. It is very hot, hard, dry and very poor,  i take medicaition they dont have there

I see the petetion if $535

A waiver for 601 and 212 is total $1860

My sister will sponsor him 

I feel like my extreme hardship, health issues would help 

I have a bonafide marriage, with affidavits

i just returned to united states 

Its been 1 year for me, 

I dont mind living there its just getting medication  and fear 

Do you think i have a chance of my gusbnad conubg back diy i dont have a lawyer 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, RosalynRenderos said:

Yes i have been there for 10 months out of  this year in El Salvador. It is very hot, hard, dry and very poor,  i take medicaition they dont have there

I see the petetion if $535

A waiver for 601 and 212 is total $1860

My sister will sponsor him 

I feel like my extreme hardship, health issues would help 

I have a bonafide marriage, with affidavits

i just returned to united states 

Its been 1 year for me, 

I dont mind living there its just getting medication  and fear 

Do you think i have a chance of my gusbnad conubg back diy i dont have a lawyer 

personally i dont feel this is a DIY case

your health conditions i dont think would help. if anything, possibly hurt as they will be concerned about him becoming a public charge.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.