cyriloh

How long it did take for you before you receive your NOA1?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

And also sign up for electronic notification from the USPS. You get scanned copies of mail a day before delivery, that way you know it at least went thru the sorting facility. Then if it gets lost by the carrier, you can have the local post office check for it. They found one of my letters under a seat of a postal vehicle when I went and asked about it. I had a scanned image from them, but it never made it to my house. Not their fault, things happen, but they made it right. Luckily it wasn't anything too important.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Loren Y said:

And also sign up for electronic notification from the USPS. You get scanned copies of mail a day before delivery, that way you know it at least went thru the sorting facility. Then if it gets lost by the carrier, you can have the local post office check for it. They found one of my letters under a seat of a postal vehicle when I went and asked about it. I had a scanned image from them, but it never made it to my house. Not their fault, things happen, but they made it right. Luckily it wasn't anything too important.

Oh, they cashed the check so I know that they received it. I will just call USCIS later. My fiance is also yet to check the notes on the check receipt as according to another forum, they normally write the case number there.

We received our NOA2 in 179 days. We filed October 2017.

Set up your timeline and it'll give you an estimate. Every case is different but our estimated NOA2 date on here was pretty dead on. I believe we got ours a week or so before it predicted. There are post on here also for people who filed the same time as you that you can follow and vent to. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
9 hours ago, cyriloh said:

I will call them as soon as they open their line. I checked the local post office (in my town, our snail mails have to be picked up) and they still haven't gotten my letter. I doubt I will get any 😕

My fiance is still off the grid because of his work, but I saw on one of the threads that some people actually don't get theirs but the case number is noted on the bank transaction, I will ask him to check it once he's back. Thanks for the reply!

Are you the USC or the foreign fiancée? 

The letter will be send to the USC. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A couple of thoughts come to mind, especially during these harrowing early times in dealing with the USCIS bureaucratic monster. 

• Be sure to fill out, and send a Form G-1125 with ANY of your petitions/applications that are sent to any of the USCIS lockbox facilities (Lewisville, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Chicago, IL). Most folks tend to get an email confirmation of receipt by USCIS of their document package.
  • No matter which mail delivery service you use, USPS, UPS, FedEx, be sure to obtain signature confirmation of delivery, to assure confirmation of receipt of USCIS of their document package.

If you would have received either of the above, the point of receiving a NOA1 would not be such a cliffhanger. Several of the postings also mention to check with your financial institution that issued the check, and verify that USCIS has the received the funds. Like the old crime story adage goes, "follow the money."

P.S. Be sure to receive your NOA2 form. It is necessary to show that you have a copy in your possession later on in your immigration journey.

Best wishes on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

This happened to me.  I have an NOA date of 6/27.  I did get a text and email, so I knew they had acknowledged receipt, but I didn't get the actual letter.    I wanted the actual snail mail letter for my own records, so I called  USCIS after 2 weeks.  The USCIS rep said to wait until 30 days passed from NOA1.  I waited and got nothing.  I called back again, and they resent the letter which I finally received about a week later.   

Weeks later, I registered and logged on to the new USCIS site.   I saw an update  waiting for me saying a document relating to my case was attempted to be delivered in July by USPS at the address I provided, and they were unable to do so, so the document was returned to USCIS.  I'm pretty sure this was in reference to my initial NOA1 letter.    Good luck!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Pitaya said:

A couple of thoughts come to mind, especially during these harrowing early times in dealing with the USCIS bureaucratic monster. 

• Be sure to fill out, and send a Form G-1125 with ANY of your petitions/applications that are sent to any of the USCIS lockbox facilities (Lewisville, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Chicago, IL). Most folks tend to get an email confirmation of receipt by USCIS of their document package.
  • No matter which mail delivery service you use, USPS, UPS, FedEx, be sure to obtain signature confirmation of delivery, to assure confirmation of receipt of USCIS of their document package.

If you would have received either of the above, the point of receiving a NOA1 would not be such a cliffhanger. Several of the postings also mention to check with your financial institution that issued the check, and verify that USCIS has the received the funds. Like the old crime story adage goes, "follow the money."

P.S. Be sure to receive your NOA2 form. It is necessary to show that you have a copy in your possession later on in your immigration journey.

Best wishes on your immigration journey.

They cashed the check so we know that they received the forms. And we sure filled out and sent G 1125. Thank you

Timeline
1 hour ago, FlyingPan said:

This happened to me.  I have an NOA date of 6/27.  I did get a text and email, so I knew they had acknowledged receipt, but I didn't get the actual letter.    I wanted the actual snail mail letter for my own records, so I called  USCIS after 2 weeks.  The USCIS rep said to wait until 30 days passed from NOA1.  I waited and got nothing.  I called back again, and they resent the letter which I finally received about a week later.   

Weeks later, I registered and logged on to the new USCIS site.   I saw an update  waiting for me saying a document relating to my case was attempted to be delivered in July by USPS at the address I provided, and they were unable to do so, so the document was returned to USCIS.  I'm pretty sure this was in reference to my initial NOA1 letter.    Good luck!

We didn’t even get electronic mail 😞

i called yesterday... but the lady on the other line wouldn’t give me information and told me that I have to be the petitioner to pull out our case. Did you give them some sort of receipt number for them to help you with your NOA1?

Timeline

I think I just provided my name and WAC case number.     I am the petitioner, so maybe that made a difference.   You could try having your petitioner  call, and see if that helps.    I just recall them insisting it was sent, and to wait longer before calling back- which I did.   After 30 days, they were responsive in sending out a duplicate NOA1.    Good Luck!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, FlyingPan said:

I think I just provided my name and WAC case number.     I am the petitioner, so maybe that made a difference.   You could try having your petitioner  call, and see if that helps.    I just recall them insisting it was sent, and to wait longer before calling back- which I did.   After 30 days, they were responsive in sending out a duplicate NOA1.    Good Luck!

I see... then I guess I will just wait for my fiance to come back from work so he can make the call himself (he's currently off the grid) 

Thanks for sharing your experience, I'm quite relieved knowing delays are normal ^_^ 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

***Just an update***

We finally got our receipt number, yay! I know for some, this may not matter much, but the fact that it's already ~*official*~ makes me so excited.

I did NOT get my mail as a beneficiary, (maybe it got stuck somewhere) but my fiance got his on the mail. It was date October 16, the same day they cashed the check. We just didn't know when the mail arrived as he just got home after 2 weeks. 

Thanks, everybody!

Cyril

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.