Lankyshakes

Can a K1 visa be denied if we only met in person once?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
14 hours ago, jdaveh said:

there was an etc after that. I was speaking generally. However $1000 a month of expenses for a couple is not a ridiculous amount. Not to mention the fare here, the upcoming AOS, ROC etcetera fees. 

Married couples pay an average of $717 in annual premiums. They also have an average deductible of $8,113

This is an expensive process

I wasn't trying to tell them not to do it, just trying to make a fellow VJer aware of what was coming up. Sorry if you disagree but I was being realistic. My wife and I planned and planned and saved before we took this step and it was still difficult to maintain budget

Is beneficiary young? What will auto insurance cost ??? Please do a little math and get a realistic number of what your minimum living expenses will be and discuss it with your fiance/spouse before the big step )))))

Thanks for the long post ... I get it ;)

but health insurance is all I was speaking to .

it varies widely state to state. $1000 a month for one person Is insane. You didn't say $1000 for "expenses" I read it twice to make sure I didn't misunderstand you.

in Washington state $1000/month is a ludicrously high amount to tell someone. 

Just saying :)

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

call me crazy and i know im old and grumpy but if you cant afford to support yourself EASILY without some kind of assistance.... you probably should wait. Adding another person doubles pretty much everything, when you average it all out. And if your person is expected to send money back home.... youre looking at more. i wont get into my personal opinions on that ;) lololol

none of this is cheap. you need to be in a GOOD SOLID financial position, or else your life may be far more difficult than you expect and than your fiance expects.

what was the original topic again? queen of tangents here lololol

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

4 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

I wouldn't use a secondary site when buying beneficiaries ticket.  Find the cheap flight and then go directly to airline selling it.

Yes, that's exactly how we use those sites....just for finding better days/deals. We actually purchase from reputable sites.

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.