S_And_J

Final Checklist of Documents

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey All!

It's finally got to that point where we're able to submit our AOS packet! I was hoping someone could put our mind at ease (it feels like all I do is worry about this stuff) and make sure we haven't missed anything from the list below?

I-485 - Adjustment of Status

• Check for $1225
  • 2x Passport photos
  • I-485
  • G-1145 
  • Marriage certificate
  • NOA2 from K1
  • I-94
  • Passport photo page
  • Passport k1 visa page
  • Birth Certificate
  • Completed DS-3025 Vaccination Sheet

I-864 - Affidavit of Support

• I-864
  • Employment Letter
  • Paystubs
  • Recent Tax Returns 
  • W2s for most Recent Tax Year
  • Sponsor's passport photo page
  • Sponsor's birth certificate

I-131 - Travel Document AP

• I-131 Form
  • G-1145
  • 2x passport photos
  • Passport photo page
  • Passport k1 visa page
  • I-94
  • Marriage certificate
  • Statement for how I qualify for AP (AOS Filer)

I-765 - EAD

• I-765 Form
  • G-1145
  • 2x passport photos
  • Passport photo page
  • Passport k1 visa page
  • I-94
  • Marriage certificate

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, S_And_J said:

Hey All!

It's finally got to that point where we're able to submit our AOS packet! I was hoping someone could put our mind at ease (it feels like all I do is worry about this stuff) and make sure we haven't missed anything from the list below?

• Check for $1225
  • 2x Passport photos
  • I-485
  • G-1145 
  • Marriage certificate
  • NOA2 from K1
  • I-94
  • Passport photo page
  • Passport k1 visa page
  • Birth Certificate

• I-864
  • Employment Letter
  • Paystubs
  • Recent Tax Returns 

• I-131 Form
  • G-1145
  • 2x passport photos
  • Passport photo page
  • Passport k1 visa page
  • I-94
  • Marriage certificate

I-765 - EAD

• I-765 Form
  • G-1145
  • 2x passport photos
  • Passport photo page
  • Passport k1 visa page
  • I-94
  • Marriage certificate

Thanks!

Other than the AP statement for qualification (which is not needed for K1s as filing AP with AOS is routine and no explanation is necessary), you are perfect.

Also if you dont have any prior divorces between either of you or if the applicant doesnt have a criminal record, then you have submitted everything.

What about form  I-693 to complement DS-3025?

K1 VISA: Done in 346 days

Spoiler

Jan 5, 2018: Preparation Started                                                                                   October 31, 2018: Medical Check Up                                                           

Jan 19, 2018: I-129F Packet Sent                                                                                  Nov 2, 2018: Consulate Received                                                                              

Jan 22, 2018: Electronic NOA1 Received                                                                     Nov 6, 2018: Packet 4 Received

Feb 1, 2018: Hard Copy NOA1 Received                                                                       Dec 6, 2018: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

Oct 2, 2018: NOA2 (254 DAYS after NOA1) ***No RFE                                             Dec 11, 2018: Visa Received

Oct 16, 2018: NVC Received                                                                                           Dec 17, 2018: POE (11 Months and 12 days since Starting K1)

October 30, 2018: NVC Left

AOS | SF Local Office: Done in 357 days

Spoiler

Dec 17, 2018: POE                                                                                                                March 5, 2019: Biometrics at ASC in SF

Dec 27, 2018: Apply for SSN                                                                                               March 5, 2019: I-485 and I-765 Status Changed to Fingerprint Review Was Complete 

Jan 11, 2019: Wedding                                                                                                        May 15, 2019: I-485 Status Changed to Case Is Ready to be Scheduled for Interview (New Site Only)

Jan 14, 2019: AOS Preparation Started (1 Year 9 Days Since Starting K1)                May 23, 2019: EAD/AP Approved (97 days since NOA1)

Jan 15, 2019: SSN Card Received                                                                                     December 6, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal sent

Jan 29, 2019: Marriage Certificate Picked Up                                                                 December 9, 2019: EAD/AP Renewal NOA1

Feb 5, 2019: AOS Package Sent                                                                                         December 23, 2019: I-485 Case is Scheduled for Interview (Old Site Only)

Feb 11, 2019: NOA1                                                                                                             January 27, 2020: Interview in San Jose Field Office (Approved)

Feb 19, 2019: NOA1 Received by Mail                                                                              February 3, 2020 : Green Card in Hand

Feb 22, 2019: Biometrics Notification Received by Mail

ROC | California Service Center: Done in 410 days

Nov 2, 2021: ROC Package Sent

Nov 5, 2021: Package delivered

Nov 8, 2021: Text received (WAC)

Nov 9, 2021: Check cashed

Nov 12, 2021: Hard copy of NOA1 received

April 20, 2022: Biometric is waived

Dec 9, 2022: Card is being produced (No interview)

Dec 13, 2022: Case was approved

Dec 16, 2022: GC on hand

📊 I-751 November 2021 Filers Google Sheet 📅

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vonQCJgs9HODO2Y1DdSs3HNyL_FRnMfenlIeDQAUpWg/edit#gid=806913795

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, iwir said:

What about form  I-693 to complement DS-3025?

I was under the impression that if I completed my immigration medical in my home country (for the K1) that as long as I was applying for AOS within six months it would still be valid and I would only need to attach the completed vaccination sheet? Is that right? :o 

It all looks good to me. We sent in the DS-3025 completed vaccination report from his medical and nothing else because that's all that was given. We haven't had any RFE and our status just changed to ready to be scheduled for interview so I guess that's a good thing.

You don't need the AP statement. You're sending a copy of the marriage certificate with it and a copy of your K1. That's good enough for them.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

• I-864
  • Employment Letter
  • Paystubs
  • Recent Tax Returns 
  •  W2s for most Recent Tax Year

This above is part of the I-485 packet documentation. It is not a fourth application. There are three separate applications (greencard, travel, work) that go together in the same envelope.  Clip the I-864 affidavit of support in with the I-485 packet.

Also make sure you understand the tax documents. A complete tax return is defined as:

• photocopy of all forms/schedules in your return PLUS the W2 for that tax year. 

A tax return without a W2 or vice versa is not complete. If your list means you are sending 2015, 2016, 2017 tax returns, then make sure each has a W2 with it. 

Or... you can get free Tax Return Transcripts from the IRS for those years and they are sufficient by themselves without worrying if you copied the right pages of your return or had W2s. A transcript covers everything. 

Only the 2017 return/W2 (or 2017 transcript) is required. The other two years are optional.

Edited by Wuozopo

8 hours ago, S_And_J said:

I was under the impression that if I completed my immigration medical in my home country (for the K1) that as long as I was applying for AOS within six months it would still be valid and I would only need to attach the completed vaccination sheet? Is that right? :o 

It's one year but you are correct.

2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

This above is part of the I-485 packet documentation. It is not a fourth application. There are three separate applications (greencard, travel, work) that go together in the same envelope.  Clip the I-864 affidavit of support in with the I-485 packet.

Also make sure you understand the tax documents. A complete tax return is defined as:

• photocopy of all forms/schedules in your return PLUS the W2 for that tax year. 

A tax return without a W2 or vice versa is not complete. If your list means you are sending 2015, 2016, 2017 tax returns, then make sure each has a W2 with it. 

Or... you can get free Tax Return Transcripts from the IRS for those years and they are sufficient by themselves without worrying if you copied the right pages of your return or had W2s. A transcript covers everything. 

Only the 2017 return/W2 (or 2017 transcript) is required. The other two years are optional.

Plus if she/he ie sending paystubs, the instructions for i864 state 6 months worth but you have not stated how many you are sending in your list.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:27 PM, S_And_J said:

Hey All!

• Check for $1225
  • 2x Passport photos
  • I-485
  • G-1145 
  • Marriage certificate
  • NOA2 from K1
  • I-94
  • Passport photo page
  • Passport k1 visa page
  • Birth Certificate

• I-864
  • Employment Letter
  • Paystubs
  • Recent Tax Returns 

• I-131 Form
  • G-1145
  • 2x passport photos
  • Passport photo page
  • Passport k1 visa page
  • I-94
  • Marriage certificate

I-765 - EAD

• I-765 Form
  • G-1145
  • 2x passport photos
  • Passport photo page
  • Passport k1 visa page
  • I-94
  • Marriage certificate

Thanks!

Hi - I'm getting married in a few weeks and trying to prepare as much of this packet as possible before that, so this post is really helpful! Quick question - do we really need to send so many duplicate documents? I'm guessing yes but just want to check before I make 3 copies of my passport photo page and K-1 page and I-94 AND 3 separate e-notification forms! Thanks :)

Edited by ITMFA
  • 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
4 hours ago, ITMFA said:

Hi - I'm getting married in a few weeks and trying to prepare as much of this packet as possible before that, so this post is really helpful! Quick question - do we really need to send so many duplicate documents? I'm guessing yes but just want to check before I make 3 copies of my passport photo page and K-1 page and I-94 AND 3 separate e-notification forms! Thanks :)

It is three completely separate applications so each must have the required documents to stand alone when they are separated and sent to process at different locations. I do not agree with triple copies of e-notification. That will simply let you know that the mailing arrived at it's destination. Everything is put in one envelope so I think you only need to know the one envelope arrived. I know the instructions say to send with the application, but I believe that's if it was the sole application you were filing and not a 3-in-1 envelope mailing.

I also do not see that the marriage certificate is required for the Work authorization (I765) or AP travel document (I-131).

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
1 hour ago, Meggan P said:

So do I need 3 certified copies of our Marriage Certificate? One for each packet? I only got two 

I only got one and sent a photocopy of it with the I-485. None in the other two. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.