firefoxx666

Rescheduling Interview

11 posts in this topic

Ok so, just received my appointment date - 18th December. However I will not be able to attend on this date (unavoidable unfortunately). Has anyone successfully rescheduled an IV interview in London before?

I know they basically will not speak to you about IV queries over the phone, the Visa option on the phone line just takes you to an automated message directing you to look online. I have used the online query form to ask how I go about rescheduling, but to be honest the answers came across as pretty disinterested. Once I got them to properly clarify their answers, they confirmed that you could only request an alternate date AFTER the current date has passed?? This just simply doesn't seem right that the only way to reschedule is to intentionally MISS the scheduled appointment??

Perhaps they have misunderstood my request in some way, but after a bit of back and forth I'm fairly sure that I was very clear and concise about what I was asking. If anyone can help advise me if I'm missing something in terms of how to contact someone about this, I would take a lot of weight off my mind!

Stuart

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, firefoxx666 said:

Ok so, just received my appointment date - 18th December. However I will not be able to attend on this date (unavoidable unfortunately). Has anyone successfully rescheduled an IV interview in London before?

Have you tried doing it through here? https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

18 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Have you tried doing it through here? https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

Hey thanks, I shall try that route as well! :) 

Has anyone got any experience in how long it tends to take to get a fresh appointment if you reschedule? I.e. If I reschedule my December one is there a likelihood that the new one would be Jan/Feb, or am I more likely to be looking at March or later?

Timeline
40 minutes ago, firefoxx666 said:

Has anyone got any experience in how long it tends to take to get a fresh appointment if you reschedule? I.e. If I reschedule my December one is there a likelihood that the new one would be Jan/Feb, or am I more likely to be looking at March or later?

The people who change appointments keep looking to find if new things have opened up. People cancel (like you) which opens up Dec 18 for somebody else. I can't tell you exactly how it works, but I don't think you will be pushed to March because I don't think they open up anything that far in advance. 

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/17/2018 at 12:47 PM, firefoxx666 said:

If it’s for CR1 they told me I had to wait for the interview date I had originally to pass then it can be rebooked. 

36 minutes ago, Uk2usa2016 said:

If it’s for CR1 they told me I had to wait for the interview date I had originally to pass then it can be rebooked. 

In further conversations with them, it seems this is true. But they weren't very clear with me in the first instance. I specifically asked "So in order to reschedule an interview, I have to intentionally NOT attend the orginal appointment?" to which the answer was "This is correct. You cannot arrange a new appointment before your original one has passed."

Sounds totally counter intuitive to me, and I would have assumed missing an appointment would be more likely to HURT my case for wasting their time. So I persevered and opened a couple of new tickets. Firstly via the link that Wuozopo posted, then again via the consulate themseves. Eventually, I got someone who informed me that I have to cancel the appointment, and then the option to reschedule will be available at the  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv site under my profile after the original date passes. So the original information was not wrong (I can't get a new date til after the original passes), it just wasn't all the information I needed to do this properly. So I think I am going to go ahead with that option, hopefully the rescheduled appointment will not be a significant amount of time afterwards!

Bottom line is, that even though it was initially insinuated that I just had to wait for my appointment date to pass before rescheduling, it became clear that you do have to let them know that you wish to so that they can cancel the appointment. They also said that your appointment status on the AIS site would still show as the original appointment until it passed, rather than showing cancelled.

I'll update this post as this progresses so that anyone else considering rescheduling has some more info :)

Thanks for the comments and assistance so far!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, firefoxx666 said:

In further conversations with them, it seems this is true. But they weren't very clear with me in the first instance. I specifically asked "So in order to reschedule an interview, I have to intentionally NOT attend the orginal appointment?" to which the answer was "This is correct. You cannot arrange a new appointment before your original one has passed."

Sounds totally counter intuitive to me, and I would have assumed missing an appointment would be more likely to HURT my case for wasting their time. So I persevered and opened a couple of new tickets. Firstly via the link that Wuozopo posted, then again via the consulate themseves. Eventually, I got someone who informed me that I have to cancel the appointment, and then the option to reschedule will be available at the  https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv site under my profile after the original date passes. So the original information was not wrong (I can't get a new date til after the original passes), it just wasn't all the information I needed to do this properly. So I think I am going to go ahead with that option, hopefully the rescheduled appointment will not be a significant amount of time afterwards!

Bottom line is, that even though it was initially insinuated that I just had to wait for my appointment date to pass before rescheduling, it became clear that you do have to let them know that you wish to so that they can cancel the appointment. They also said that your appointment status on the AIS site would still show as the original appointment until it passed, rather than showing cancelled.

I'll update this post as this progresses so that anyone else considering rescheduling has some more info :)

Thanks for the comments and assistance so far!

It’s always worth calling back a few times to get different answers. I found this the case with the NVC too 

good luck. Hope u don’t have too long of a wait with the new appointment. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

What have people found when booking the interviews, are there some available within the next few weeks when you have called? Also, has anyone tried to book cancellations with any luck?

Thanks!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Adam anderson said:

Hi everyone,

What have people found when booking the interviews, are there some available within the next few weeks when you have called? Also, has anyone tried to book cancellations with any luck?

Thanks!

You don't "call". You (K1) create an online account and pick a date online. The person who started this thread is not a K1 and has a different process.

Have you read the K1 instructions provided by the embassy in London? 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You don't "call". You (K1) create an online account and pick a date online. The person who started this thread is not a K1 and has a different process.

Have you read the K1 instructions provided by the embassy in London? 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Yep I have read that. Sorry, I meant when booking has anyone had any luck with short notice cancellations. Trying to determine how far in advance the interview will be from when the status changes to "in transit".

Looking at peoples timelines they seem to have interviews scheduled for 2-3 weeks after their petition leaves the NVC

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any more information on this, I have tried desperately to cancel and reschedule my interview but I'm having no luck at all. @firefoxx666 did you have any luck with yours? I am just wondering how you cancelled as no one is allowing me to do this only wait for the date to pass and I have so far, sent 7 tickets to all different email addresses asking how to do this, as well as sending an official letter signed and recorded delivery to the Embassy. PLEASE HELP!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.