Notapplicable

k1 neither denied nor granted

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

,,,I got a good question ,please respond if you had similar or known such a case ; interview was conducted very well,and everything went good no red flags or issues in the petition  plenty of  evidences no criminal history or such ,however at the end of the interview the CC  handed the passport back and said we will contact you ,and we ll send an email, and NO  221g  form was given !!! I underline 221g form was not   given ,I m pretty sure it is not a denial ,but yet  what does it mean ?  and how long would it take to hear anything ?

It's either an approval or a refusal. Since they didn't take the passport, it was refused (simply by nature of not being approved). That said, many cases are initially refused then ultimately approved.

It is odd they didn't give you a 221(g) notice, but presumably the visa was refused under 221(g) while they put the case into AP to verify documents, review the case, etc.

There is no timeline for AP. I'll defer to others from your consulate on how long it typically takes to hear back in cases where there is no request for documents nor (known) inadmissibility.

When they finish AP, if they determine to are eligible for the visa, they will request your passport to be sent to them so they can issue the visa.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not much you can do other than wait for them to contact you, as frustrating as that is. It's possible that they will send you an email requesting you to submit the DS-5535 form. What does your case status say right now?

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline

that s what I m thinking ,a refusal should be always accompanied with 221g form,since no such from was given  im assuming there s no reason why not to issue one,however giving the passport back is confusing, i dont know i guess i  just wait ,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

may have done well at the interview but the name pops up for additional security check (as so many in Morocco have the same name)

Is he from Fes or one of the northern cities?

Has he traveled outside Morocco ?

since a request for additional evidence was not asked for all u can do is wait

Timeline

out of the 11 terrorists groups (one did the bombing at Marackeh market)  the biggest one was in Fes and many of the beneificaries from there are being asked for DS 5535

talk of this on Facebook and in Morocco

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I looked at your timeline to see when your petition expires and you wrote your case was approved (?). 

If your NOA2 date was June 28 as you write, your petition is expired now. They can extend it on the consular level, as they have for your interview, or if you really are in AP....but if it is returned to the US it is expired and will not be renewed 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Unusual to see a case with no red flags.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

adil   , i am not not aware of theses events you were talking about ,when was that  ? are you talking about many yaers ago? or what ?

Timeline

Boiler ..it is irrelevant to look at this topic from my timeline..regardless what my timeline says..I could ve been talking bout s case that would happen to many others..not because my case is approved i shut the curtains down! ,keep on the topic because this happened in casablanca !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I had not looked at your timeline, I have now. And am confused.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
15 hours ago, Notapplicable said:

Boiler ..it is irrelevant to look at this topic from my timeline..regardless what my timeline says..I could ve been talking bout s case that would happen to many others..not because my case is approved i shut the curtains down! ,keep on the topic because this happened in casablanca !

don't close your mind to any comments

you will stop some like Boiler from helping u and Boiler has the best knowlege and advice

as for my comment 2017 was the 11 incidents

have no stats yet for 2018 

When u fall in love, u need to know the country and all that is happening as a lot of things affect immigration

Morocco was over 9 months without an ambassador and since the Senate approval of one in October, we have seen more approvals 

You don't just marry a person,  you marry the family and adopt a country

47 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

don't close your mind to any comments

you will stop some like Boiler from helping u and Boiler has the best knowlege and advice

as for my comment 2017 was the 11 incidents

have no stats yet for 2018 

When u fall in love, u need to know the country and all that is happening as a lot of things affect immigration

Morocco was over 9 months without an ambassador and since the Senate approval of one in October, we have seen more approvals 

You don't just marry a person,  you marry the family and adopt a country

I think what he /she said is that his case was approved and was asking a question on behalf of someone else or out of curiosity. Their visa was in fact approved.

17 hours ago, Notapplicable said:

What the heck!?  So you just write things in your timeline for fun?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.