HelpneededJessica

Info Pass Appointment

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sorry I missed the second sentence, so you are back in the US, what has happened in the last 3 years? Just visits or did you move.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I live in the US being a born citizen working full time. My husband lives in Africa. Visiting once a year 3 weeks each time as it's very expensive to fly more than that. And very hard to get time away from work.
Nothing has happened with our case, other than trying to expedite due to financial loss and medical reasons. Got denied twice April of 2018. So it's been pending and processing under review since April 17th of 2017.

Timeline

Hi, when you go to the appointment its gonna really depend on the case worker you speak with if they will give you any answers, I went to one last year and was no help, your best option is to find out which uscis service center has your case, they should be able to tell you that and then go from there. I would speculate that your case has been returned and if it has you can only wait because the time frame for returned cases is taking in some cases years to receive the noir, you filed a cr1 they do not expire, I got my noir 2 months ago after a 2 year wait, you can also get help from your congressman or senator they are pretty much the only ones who would be able get answers for you and they can tell you exactly where you case is at, and can tell you if its been returned and can also tell you the issues that consular  wrote from the interview( if they want to about the consular notes)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Husband and CR1 tell you the petition was an I-130.  I-130 approvals do not expire.

Maybe they need the services of a hired professional.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Where is the I-130 right now? It is at the consulate, sent back to NVC, or with USCIS?

If it's not with USCIS, I'm not sure what good an InfoPass appointment will be.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, HelpneededJessica said:

No, NOIR has been received to date yet.

One question I may ask at interview is to why. If there's any thing they think I should do.

We're in a tough position right now.

Also will ask if I should re file our

I-130.

One of the reasons why I'm reaching out to see if anyone has been through this situation...

An infopass for the above reasons is a waste of time.

USCIS does not give legal advice. That means they can not advise you on what to do- period. If you are unsure of your next step you can hire an attorney or you can research on VJ what other people have done and attempt to DIY. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Damara said:

An infopass for the above reasons is a waste of time.

USCIS does not give legal advice. That means they can not advise you on what to do- period. If you are unsure of your next step you can hire an attorney or you can research on VJ what other people have done and attempt to DIY. 

Indeed, if the I-130 was approved, then USCIS is done with your case...it's in the state department (specifically the adjudicating consulate's) hands at that point.  I highly recommend following the above advice of getting a congressman or senator involved.

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

1 minute ago, AstroCanada said:

Indeed, if the I-130 was approved, then USCIS is done with your case...it's in the state department (specifically the adjudicating consulate's) hands at that point.

Generally, yes. However, if the visa was refused due to the CO believing the I-130 was improperly approved (i.e. not a bona fide marriage), then they send the I-130 back to NVC, who then sends it back to USCIS to either reaffirm, deny, or (usually) send a NOIR...giving the petitioner a chance to rebut the reasons for revocation and attempt to have USCIS reaffirm the petition.

So it all depends on who currently has the petition. If the consulate still has it, then they are the ones to reach out to and find out what's going on. If USCIS has it, then the OP can find out if as NOIR was issued (or if it was revoked) and go from there. Or if one was not issued, they can attempt to find out the status of the petition.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

As I stated earlier we did had a lawyer who gave us bad advice, & has not helped with anything since my husbands denial. Financially spent a lot of money. As we were her first denial case she had, and had now clue how to proceed.
Secondly, our case was returned April 11th, 2017 to the NVC in California.
This is all the congressional person was able to find out for us. We also tried to expedite our case though the congress office as well, with no luck. They told us they're unable to help us any further. Case has been processing and reviewed since that time.

15 hours ago, HelpneededJessica said:

Reason I'm will be going to info Pass appointment is the officer never gave a reason for denial day of interview. Also the case has been processing for two years. Three since denial interview. 

Called USCIS multiple times with no answers or new information for us. Someone had suggest a info Pass appointment. For me to go there and ask questions myself.

did they keep his passport or it was a stright up denied?

Timeline

They gave everything back to him along with all evidence, support letters, etc... they kept one photo of ours. They gave him the blue letter at the end of his 8 minute interview saying they were unable to give him the visa under code 221g. And for me the petitioner to wait for a lette to responsed to. Been waiting since October 2016.

3 minutes ago, HelpneededJessica said:

They gave everything back to him along with all evidence, support letters, etc... they kept one photo of ours. They gave him the blue letter at the end of his 8 minute interview saying they were unable to give him the visa under code 221g. And for me the petitioner to wait for a lette to responsed to. Been waiting since October 2016.

reason i asked was, my husband had his interview 1/4/2018 at islamabad pakistan and was refused but they kept his passport and they gave him 221g aswell but its a white letter asking for more wedding pictures(they already had bunch of em so dont no why) and ever sine we been just waiting for visa. its been almost a year for a AP.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, HelpneededJessica said:

Secondly, our case was returned April 11th, 2017 to the NVC in California.

NVC (National Visa Center) is in New Hampshire.  The Consulate would have returned the file to NVC, and NVC would have sent it to the Service Center where it was originally processed/adjudicated.  USCIS has the file and you are awaiting a Notice of Intent to Revoke.  Get your Senator involved.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.