Oaiug27

K1-Visa I-129F RFE

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, Oaiug27 said:

Greeting everyone,

This issue had been bugging me the whole time, I received an RFE on yesterday and it asking me question about;

4. Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicated, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance in any country, excluding traffic violations (unless a traffic violation was alcohol - or drug - related or involved a fine of $500 or more)?

YES _____ OR NO _____

I put "N/A" on NO line

is that okay? what im saying is; i never did it or that 4. question statement does not pertain to me. I've seen this questions multiple times in this website either put NONE or N/A.

I talk to uscis multiple times and they said that "Yes, you are correct. It's fine that you put N/A on NO line as it not applicable to you." 

so since i put N/A im good to go? 

Please help me clarify this guys, it kept me bugging the whole time :(

Mark the NO_____  with an “X” or check sign .. thats what i understand. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, Oaiug27 said:

Greeting everyone,

This issue had been bugging me the whole time, I received an RFE on yesterday and it asking me question about;

4. Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicated, convicted, fined, or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance in any country, excluding traffic violations (unless a traffic violation was alcohol - or drug - related or involved a fine of $500 or more)?

YES _____ OR NO _____

I put "N/A" on NO line

is that okay? what im saying is; i never did it or that 4. question statement does not pertain to me. I've seen this questions multiple times in this website either put NONE or N/A.

I talk to uscis multiple times and they said that "Yes, you are correct. It's fine that you put N/A on NO line as it not applicable to you." 

so since i put N/A im good to go? 

Please help me clarify this guys, it kept me bugging the whole time :(

I got an RFE for this question after waiting 14 months...the way I read it, since I had answered no to the questions above it I didn’t need to also answer this question. Big mistake. I checked the no box and got my approval in 10 days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
45 minutes ago, KBA said:

I got an RFE for this question after waiting 14 months...the way I read it, since I had answered no to the questions above it I didn’t need to also answer this question. Big mistake. I checked the no box and got my approval in 10 days. 

I think with our petition we checked every single question several times - I think sometimes it's better to answer it than leave it if you're not sure, since the officer in charge of your petition will just skip over it if it's unnecessary.

That said, following the instruction set should help with issues like this.

I'm glad you got yours sorted relatively quickly!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Question is YES / NO option. It even gives you the space to check YES or NO... Why would you want to add a 3rd non existent option?

Have you ever been arrested, cited, charged, indicated, convicted...

If you have you type YES

If you haven't type NO

There's no N/A option here the question is telling you how to reply.

You were taking this way out of proportion, it's basic grammar. 

BTW We got same RFE because my fiance forgot to check that question when he sent the application, he first typed NO at the RFE but turns out he had 3 missdemeanors (MIPs) that he thought didn't have to be disclosed. Did research, found out we HAD to disclose it, corrected the RFE, did statement letter explaining and added court support documentation. We got approved 20ish days after.

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, KBA said:

Exactly what happened to us, we thought it was related to the previous question.

But I'm glad we got that mistake because he had 3 missdemeanors to disclose. we almost lie unintentionally because he first typed NO at the RFE thinking missdemeanor tickets were not mentioned in there. 

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.