M and Ed

Still waiting for NOA2 - Fiancee changes country of residency

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey there!

We filed early July this year and then, me (the beneficiary) was living in Italy.

I'm from Argentina but I hold double citizenship (Argentinian - Italian). I'm moving back to Argentina (changing my legal residency back to Argentina from Italy) and we haven't received our NOA2 yet.

When we filed, we stated Italy as country of residency and we requested to use the consulate in Argentina, since I'm going to be there by the time of interview.

Do we need to submit any papers BEFORE WE RECEIVE THE NOA2 letting them know I'm moving? Or should I just enter my new residency information at the moment of filing the papers for the interview?

Confusing, I know.

Thanks for the help!

It wouldn't be a bad thing to let them know before.  Not sure it will go through.  But definitely after NOA2 with the NVC to make sure they have the right case number assigned. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

And despite all your efforts they may still assign it to Naples.   If they do you will simply need to request the file to be transferred to BsAs

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NikLR said:

It wouldn't be a bad thing to let them know before.  Not sure it will go through.  But definitely after NOA2 with the NVC to make sure they have the right case number assigned. 

Thanks! Should we call and let them know now or just wait until we have our case number from the NVC?

Timeline
1 minute ago, M and Ed said:

Thanks! Should we call and let them know now or just wait until we have our case number from the NVC?

You need to get ahead of the nvc case number because by the time you get it and it's the wrong consulate it will be too late 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

You need to get ahead of the nvc case number because by the time you get it and it's the wrong consulate it will be too late 

Great, I'll do that this week then. Thanks!

Just now, M and Ed said:

I would do both.  But try to contact the NVC asap becuase they will need to make sure the right case number is assigned. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
3 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

Great, I'll do that this week then. Thanks!

You can try but your petition isn't yet approved and nvc do not know who you are or what to do with your request.   The most effective window is from approval to when your case gets to nvc which is about 2 to 4 weeks

YMMV

Timeline
23 minutes ago, NikLR said:

I would do both.  But try to contact the NVC asap becuase they will need to make sure the right case number is assigned. 

OK, but should I contact the NVC even if I still don[t have a case number? (I mean, we have the one that we got with our NOA1)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, M and Ed said:

OK, but should I contact the NVC even if I still don[t have a case number? (I mean, we have the one that we got with our NOA1)

I think it is to early 

YMMV

Timeline
4 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

Before u leave Italy,  get the criminal report from there/  this is needed for the interview

I lived there for under a year and Argentina requires reports from countries where I´ve lived for over a year

Timeline
1 minute ago, M and Ed said:

I think that antecedentes penales refers to the records that state the history of your causas penales, in the case you had any

11. COURT AND PRISON RECORDS: Persons who have been convicted of a crime must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison or criminal record, regardless of the fact that they may have benefited subsequently from an amnesty, pardon, or other act of clemency

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey everyone! Just letting you guys know that what we ended up doing was actually super simple: We contacted NVC through their online contact form asking them to assign us to the right embassy. They did it right away, no problems whatsoever. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
12 hours ago, M and Ed said:

Hey everyone! Just letting you guys know that what we ended up doing was actually super simple: We contacted NVC through their online contact form asking them to assign us to the right embassy. They did it right away, no problems whatsoever. 

Great info! 

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.