Renaud1992

I opened the scealed letter, what is the list of the documents inside

70 posts in this topic

Why dont you ask yoir father what exactly he put in the envelope and just remove thet item?  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I saw my Immigration officer open mine and it was all held together securely in a certain order. So there is no way it could be shuffled around unless it was purposely taken apart

38 minutes ago, Renaud1992 said:

How do you know I have no chance ? You really think it is all over just because it is opened ? It makes no sense... 

IF you go to POE with an open envelope you will not be allowed in.  You are fixing it so no worries.  They take that envelope seriously as you can add and remove items or even change what the items say.  That is why it is opened by the officer at POE.  You are good but be careful with the next one.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

If that were true then hundreds of people were not allowed into the US.  Those big letters "DO NOT OPEN" actually means something to immigration.  You are the very first person I've seen here that actually opened it.  Most are worried about tiny rips but this is the first full opening I recall.  

I was thinking the same.   First full opening with disassembling in the 12 years I have been on this site 

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

I was thinking the same.   First full opening with disassembling in the 12 years I have been on this site 

Sorry but I did chuckle at the 12 years!  You must really love immigration!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

13 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

If that were true then hundreds of people were not allowed into the US.  Those big letters "DO NOT OPEN" actually means something to immigration.  You are the very first person I've seen here that actually opened it.  Most are worried about tiny rips but this is the first full opening I recall.  

7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

There was a thread a few weeks ago where the immigrant's brother opened up the package. I don't know what is up with people's family members opening their personal mail/packages. ESPECIALLY, when the package has big red words that say "DO NOT OPEN".

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

There was a thread a few weeks ago where the immigrants brother opened up the package. I don't know what is up with people's family members opening their personal mail/packages. ESPECIALLY, when the package has big red words that say "DO NOT OPEN".

Thank God for the rolling out of the eVisa packet process.   

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I remembered this thread from a couple of months ago, similar situation. Check it out as it may prove helpful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

And i thought I‘m a nosy person...or maybe the father just can‘t read....anyway get it sorted out and hope you won‘t have any troubles at POE.

At least you called the embassy and not only asked on VJ 

1 hour ago, NikLR said:

Why dont you ask yoir father what exactly he put in the envelope and just remove thet item?  

While he is at it he can ask his father why he ignored the big DO NOT OPEN too.

anyway, it’s no secret what is in it,it is all the stuff related to the petition - the petition itself, copies of any correspondence, plus all supporting documents taken by the embassy at interview, etc. I think the issue as someone mentioned is “chain of custody” as these documents need to be verified by the embassy before going in the envelope. This is what forms the basis of your A file when you enter the US, and it does get referred back to (for example checking consistency on stuff when applying for naturalization) hence why they are so sticky about it. I must admit that while these cases are rare, this is the first I’ve heard of the embassy basically telling someone they are “on their own” rather than just re-verifying /reordering the package and sealing it.

2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

IF you go to POE with an open envelope you will not be allowed in.  You are fixing it so no worries.  They take that envelope seriously as you can add and remove items or even change what the items say.  That is why it is opened by the officer at POE.  You are good but be careful with the next one.

I hope you are right! Tomorrow I will come here and give you updates. Thank you all guys. This website is so good. And the people are very nice! Love the USA, love you! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.