waiting4i130

CR1 IR1 Administrative Processing 221g - Share your experience!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ishmitch said:

Got my interview today. And my passport is returned after interview. Btw, iri1 and ir2. The consul said my husband need to be physically present in the US. Cause since Birth he was here in the PH. and never went to USA. But he is a American citizen. Now we are getting his ticket so we can proof his domicile.

Good luck! I hope the embassy is quick processing that!

Wedding: 21 Jun 2013

Application sent: 11 Oct 2013

NOA1 - receipt date NSC: 29 Oct 2013

Acceptance confirmation email: 31 Oct 2013

NOA1 - Hard copy: Never arrived...

RFE email - 19 May 2014

RFE Hard copy - 3 June 2014

RFE response review - 7 July 2014

I-130 approval (NOA2) - 21 July 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Good morning all, 

On Friday November 9th my case goes to Ready and nearly 3 hours later come back to Administrative Processing.

recap:

• October 11th interview and AP.

• October 13th Sent the document with passport 

• October 16th AP after they received our marriage certificate version long.

• October 30th AP. 

• November 9th around 11:00AM: Ready. The creation of the case was same.

• November 9th around 1:00PM: AP. It says: Immigrant visa application and the creation of case is still same.

• Yesterday the US embassy was closed.

And now the waiting time continue. Hopefully we will get a update this week.

• Someone here has experienced this? 

• What think about my updates?

• Can I expect something soon?

Thank you for you reply. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Bluecheck said:

Good morning all, 

On Friday November 9th my case goes to Ready and nearly 3 hours later come back to Administrative Processing.

recap:

• October 30th AP. 

• November 9th around 1:00PM: AP. It says: Immigrant visa application and the creation of case is still same.

Thank you for you reply. 

I would think it's good news, I read some others who has similar experiences and had issued right after.

Check your status regularly and let us know.

Good luck!

RFE email - 19 May 2014

Timeline
3 hours ago, waiting4i130 said:

Je pense que c’est une bonne nouvelle, j’en ai lu d’autres qui ont des expériences similaires et qui ont été publiées juste après.

Vérifiez régulièrement votre statut et faites le nous savoir.

Bonne chance!

Good morning @waiting4i130

You're right. My visa has been issued yesterday. Good luck to you. Don't lose hope. God bless you. 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Bluecheck said:

Good morning @waiting4i130

You're right. My visa has been issued yesterday. Good luck to you. Don't lose hope. God bless you. 

Merci :)

RFE email - 19 May 2014

My hubby went for his interview last Friday and was asked bring in additional document, mainly another sponsor. He will return next week with the documents. I will update after! Good luck to everyone! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 1:00 AM, Bluecheck said:

Good morning all, 

recap:

• October 30th AP. 

Thank you for you reply. 

Hi there! Any update...? 😅

Timeline
Il y a 1 heure, CJlove a déclaré:

Salut! Toute mise à jour ...? 😅

Thank you for asking. 

We received our document with visa 3 weeks ago. And we will move to the states next week.

Stay up you'll get a good news from them sooner as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Bluecheck said:

Thank you for asking. 

We received our document with visa 3 weeks ago. And we will move to the states next week.

Stay up you'll get a good news from them sooner as possible. 

Thank you for the update and happy journey to U.S.!!! 👏👏👏👏🥂🍾

Timeline
1 minute ago, CJlove said:

Merci pour la mise à jour et bon voyage aux USA !!! 👏 👏 👏 👏 🥂 🍾

Tips for your waiting time. 

LET 'EM WORK.

DON'T CONTACT 'EM, IT'S A WASTE OF TIME. 

Good luck.

I received it from them 30 days after the interview date.

1 minute ago, Bluecheck said:

Tips for your waiting time. 

LET 'EM WORK.

DON'T CONTACT 'EM, IT'S A WASTE OF TIME. 

Good luck.

I received it from them 30 days after the interview date.

No one really suggested this, to not contact them. Almost every VJ members say to contact the embassy and congress. I think your advice makes sense too! Thank you! 👍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/12/2018 at 7:23 AM, waiting4i130 said:

Hello,

I feel that there is no 1 thread to share experience and timelines for AP.

It's a frustrating time so it might be helpful to share timelines and experiences to get a feel.

-----------------

Our case:

Interview (10/9/2018) went very well but was given a white 221g for missing documents - proof of domicile and I864A

Was asked to send my passport with the missing papers.

We provided all missing documents 2 days after and sent the passport as well.

The passport was returned to me few days later.

We have been in AP since.

We were planning on being in the US by now but this is not happening now, and it's very frustrating since I am pregnant and wanted to buy a house and get it ready before the baby is born!

What has been your experience so far?

We’ve been in AP over four months now.We’ve been in AP over four months now.

My husband and I are also on Administrative Processing and have been for quite a while now. My husband had his interview in Trinidad in September and because they had moved the date of our interview up we were told that it would be expected that we wouldn't have everything we needed to get approval and that we would need to send in any missing documents after the interview such as the medical and his police certificate which there wouldn't be time to get. However, what we were not expecting was that at the interview they had issue with the fact that I had been in Trinidad with my husband for the last year and a half or so. This is because shortly after filing for the visa, I gave birth to our first child in the U.S. and after my husband missed the birth and the first four months of our son's life, I came to stay in Trinidad while the visa was finished being processed. They asked for proof of domicile and relationship and told my husband that it would be better if my co-sponsor/household member who is my father be the petitioner. I had initially had him complete an I-864A because I recently graduated and have been enrolled in school completing my masters degree. Anyways, they gave us a list of documents we needed to provide including a new I-864 form from my father as the petitioner and my father's w-2s (he makes plenty of money to satisfy the requirements). Just in case, I also sent in some documents to show my ties to the U.S. including proof that I voted, that I have numerous financial accounts (credit cards, student loans, checking/savings account) in the U.S. I sent in everything on the list and we are still waiting in AP. I emailed them a few weeks ago and just got a response today saying that "the Immigrant Visa officer is presently reviewing the case." I have no idea how long this is going to take and am hoping it will ultimately be approved. I am traveling back to the U.S with my son on Christmas Eve and will hopefully be working shortly after this time. Does anyone have any similar experience as ours and still got approved? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

@smkelly86 I hope you & everyone else in this thread that’s still waiting hear something soon & ends in an approval. 

I’m a K1 Visa but I’ve been in AP in Haiti since my interview on Sept. 19th. CO told my fiancé that one of the documents I provided with my K1 packet has different dates for his finalized divorce dates. My fiancé was confused since he already gave them all his official court documents which all have the same date on it. CO told him not to worry they just have to do further review and  verify his divorce info. So he was handed a 221g with NO documents requested at the end. Checked my packet at home to see what they were talking about and come to find out it was the translated document provided to me from ASAP Translate that messed up. They put an incorrect date of 8/30/2015 in one paragraph and then the correct date of 8/31/2015 in another paragraph, off by ONE day & I nor USCIS, didn’t catch that error beforehand.

I emailed the embassy trying to figure out what can we do to help in the continuation of our process & then on 9/28 they responded requesting to submit additional docs, which we did on 10/10. Embassy received it on 10/12 and I’ve been waiting since. Last email I got from them was a reply letting me know my documents were received, that it’s under review with a CO, & that they’ll get back to me with a decision when they have one. 

I’m all for waiting patiently & letting them do their job, but I’ve contacted my congressman at this point to see what’s going on because it’s been almost 3 months since my interview & 2 months since I’ve provided the additional docs and nothing yet. Also the last time they “touched/updated” my case was a month ago on Nov. 5th. I know my congressperson can only do so much, but I’m waiting for them to receive my inquiry in the mail so they can contact the embassy for me and hopefully find out a little more about what’s going on with my case.

• 6 months later...
On 12/4/2018 at 2:56 AM, smkelly86 said:

My husband and I are also on Administrative Processing and have been for quite a while now. My husband had his interview in Trinidad in September and because they had moved the date of our interview up we were told that it would be expected that we wouldn't have everything we needed to get approval and that we would need to send in any missing documents after the interview such as the medical and his police certificate which there wouldn't be time to get. However, what we were not expecting was that at the interview they had issue with the fact that I had been in Trinidad with my husband for the last year and a half or so. This is because shortly after filing for the visa, I gave birth to our first child in the U.S. and after my husband missed the birth and the first four months of our son's life, I came to stay in Trinidad while the visa was finished being processed. They asked for proof of domicile and relationship and told my husband that it would be better if my co-sponsor/household member who is my father be the petitioner. I had initially had him complete an I-864A because I recently graduated and have been enrolled in school completing my masters degree. Anyways, they gave us a list of documents we needed to provide including a new I-864 form from my father as the petitioner and my father's w-2s (he makes plenty of money to satisfy the requirements). Just in case, I also sent in some documents to show my ties to the U.S. including proof that I voted, that I have numerous financial accounts (credit cards, student loans, checking/savings account) in the U.S. I sent in everything on the list and we are still waiting in AP. I emailed them a few weeks ago and just got a response today saying that "the Immigrant Visa officer is presently reviewing the case." I have no idea how long this is going to take and am hoping it will ultimately be approved. I am traveling back to the U.S with my son on Christmas Eve and will hopefully be working shortly after this time. Does anyone have any similar experience as ours and still got approved? 

@smkelly86 Did you and your husband ever get through with his case/application? Reason I'm asking is because our cases are somewhat similar and we are in ap in Trinidad as well. I'd really, really appreciate a response. I'm beginning to worry a bit now. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.