Bill Knol

how long will it take to look at my rfe for criminal records

40 posts in this topic

Just now, Bill Knol said:

Yes I am the beneficiary,  I said that I was convicted for a DUI in the past, but I didn't bring court papers.

I send them to the consulate today

Perfect.  Forget all about my Vermont talk!  That is for petitioners only.  Good luck to you.  Hopefully you will see an approval in a week or so!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Perfect.  Forget all about my Vermont talk!  That is for petitioners only.  Good luck to you.  Hopefully you will see an approval in a week or so!

Thank you for the update, I felt kinda lost 

1 minute ago, Bill Knol said:

Thank you for the update, I felt kinda lost 

Actually, you were fine, I was lost.  I do wish there was a way to see who is the petitioner and who is the beneficiary.  It may be easier on a computer but I am usually doing this from a phone so countries and who is the petitioner and beneficiary is difficult to decipher.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Maybe a MisRep issue?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 11/12/2018 at 4:37 PM, lavinia77 said:

if the petitioner had been arrested, could be denied our petition? im the beneficiary, i have no criminal record but he has... is still undergoing 

I have this question too

If you included your DUIs (all of them) in the DS-160 and only failed to bring the records with you to the interview, then that is positive that you didn't try to hide it. If you tried to hide it, that could be a bigger problem. Court/arrest docs are always required for the interview if they exist, so now you just have to be patient, AP can be anywhere from a week to years, there is no telling. At worst they might want you to take a substance abuse class.... it's criminal charges like drug trafficking, domestic violence/child abuse, or anything that would put U.S. security at risk that I think they are most concerned with I think, so don't stress yourself out too much.  

Check around here, I'm sure there are threads where others have been in your shoes. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

On 11/12/2018 at 1:37 PM, lavinia77 said:

if the petitioner had been arrested, could be denied our petition? im the beneficiary, i have no criminal record but he has... is still undergoing 

Depends on what the crime was and if there is a conviction or not. Every situation could be unique. More importantly you need to be honest no matter the crime. Even a simple crime that is withheld from the petition could cause you more harm than a larger crime that is fully disclosed.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

On 11/12/2018 at 4:37 PM, lavinia77 said:

First, it depends on the crime. If it fall under the AWA, then definitely.

Second, it depends on the petition.

For an I-130, no...crimes don't need to be disclosed.

For an I-129F, it absolutely can result in the petition being denied - or worse due to more time and money being wasted: having the petition approved then having the visa refused and petition sent back to expire. This happened to a member recently for a crime from decades ago that was expunged.

NOTE: The above is for not disclosing the crime. If disclosed, it depends on if a waiver is needed or not (i.e. DV and such).

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

On 11/12/2018 at 3:37 PM, lavinia77 said:

That depends on what they were arrested for.  In general it shouldn't be cause for a denial unless there was an AWA or domestic violence charge.  Even some DV can be worked around.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.