Ptoth42

Need help with proof.

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I do want to apologize if I come off a little harsh.  We see this question so often and so few here actually understand the actual process.

Last year on this particular subject I was told that I gave the worst answer in the history of the internet.  That came from one of the moderators here.  It was a misunderstanding but we are all learning as we go.  The question of front loading comes back around every month and now that I am on my second petition I do unfortunately have more experience than most.  

Understanding how all the pieces fit together will help the less experienced get a feel for this process.  

Front loading is not always bad but it is not required in the petition.  Proof of ongoing relationship is important but not until the Consular stage.  

The CO does review the petition and they do ask for additional information if they have a question.  If they don't ask it is because they have seen enough.  They are VERY well trained and very professional.  Our K-1 had no chat logs and the CO did not ask for more.  The interview before its and after us was asked for chat logs.  The CO does their homework and a good original petition (quality over quantity) will help them greatly.

It's ok, we are all here either to learn or to help others with what we know, I'm not pretending to know everything because I havent been there yet at interview stage, but I've read A LOT to be prepared for it. I'm just sharing the information I have and if I'm doing it public is to have the oportunity to the experts to correct me if needed.

I feel the same about front loading, good if you can to, but not required.

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

13 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I'm not trying to argue, we didn't send 28373 pages of chats, and I wouldn't advice anyone to do so, but I've read people saying that USCIS don't care about ongoing proof too... and then you can see RFEs asking for more evidence of ongoing relationship. We sent A FEW things to complement our petition and because we thought it was required. The process is complicated itself but I do trust in other people experiences when doing research, specially people you know because are sharing same timeline and you get updated in every step, which is the case from a girl with a fiance in Tunisia who happened to have the worst interview last week and the CO refused to look at proof of ongoing relationship.

I'm not comparing the 2 visas (k1 and visitor) I have plenty of information of both, I'm just talking of those interview experiences I've read and the comment I get is "NOT POSSIBLE, THAT DIDNT HAPPEN"... well ok... 

Anyways, OP: follow the the form instructions, and gather proof of relationship for interview stage.

It is also true that many COs have made up their minds before the interview.  In my experience they are usually correct.  If the CO refused to see more evidence my first educated thought would be that the petition had more questions than answers.  We don't see all of the information that is added to the petition by USCIS or NVC.  We don't get to see the CO's notes.  If they were denied and the CO refused to see more information I have to think that there was something there other than a need for additional relationship proof.  

In no case did a CO ever only look at only what Homeland sent them.  Never has that ever happened unless the case was so bad that the CO had no choice to deny.  I have seen that happen.  It was a case of human trafficking.  The woman tried to bring her sisters kid as her own on a K-1 8 years ago.  They were denied and didn't realize it was a lifetime ban.  She was part of a petition last year and they made it to the interview before the CO told them that she can never receive a visa.  No additional information would help.  The original petitioner didn't tell her about the ban when they broke up.  Now she is in love  with a different petitioner and she will never be allowed in the states.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
11 minutes ago, gaski said:

but there is always some people who think they know things without experiencing it..sigh 

I've never said I KNOW for sure, I talked BASED ON WHAT I'VE READ. I even said that. 

23 minutes ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I've never said I KNOW for sure, I talked BASED ON WHAT I'VE READ. I even said that. 

so sorry.. I wasn't talking about you.. I understand and saw your post im sorry for misunderstanding ..i just read more post at a time and got frustrated and i put my frustration here.😬

I think sometimes people inadvertently perpetuate mythologies here at VJ as they relate their own experiences. For example, if a couple submits thousands of chat logs and photos together, and their petition is approved without an RFE, they may infer that the chat logs and photos contributed to the approval, when in fact they may not have.

Personally, we took question 54 at face value, and provided the dates of our visits, which corresponded to my fiance's I-94, and his passport stamps.  We didn't even include my passport stamp from my trip to NZ, even though later we read the fallacy here about a requirement to photocopy all pages of the petitioner's passport.

We included NO snapshots or chat logs, or any other "ongoing relationship" evidence. We did not explain how we originally met.  We only used the I-129f instructions printed from the USCIS website, and none of the VJ guides.

We had previous divorces and kids, no criminal backgrounds, and had both been vetted previously (he for a B-2 and me for Global Entry).  Perhaps our ages (fiftyish) and having long-established employment and addresses make things easier.  Total time from mailing the petition to our wedding was 243 days.  

So, it can be done without all the extra fluff, at least via the Auckland consulate.    

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I'm not trying to argue, we didn't send 28373 pages of chats, and I wouldn't advice anyone to do so, but I've read people saying that USCIS don't care about ongoing proof too... and then you can see RFEs asking for more evidence of ongoing relationship. 

I have been on this site for more than 12 years.  I have yet to see an rfe for ongoing relationship evidence.   If there has been I'd love to see it

YMMV

Timeline
9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I have been on this site for more than 12 years.  I have yet to see an rfe for ongoing relationship evidence.   If there has been I'd love to see it

I already stated that I might me wrong, thank you for clarification. How do I delete my posts in here? 

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

There are times when some additional information helps but there was never a time where the CO depended only on the information from the original submittal.

3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

It is also true that many COs have made up their minds before the interview.  In my experience they are usually correct.  If the CO refused to see more evidence my first educated thought would be that the petition had more questions than answers.  We don't see all of the information that is added to the petition by USCIS or NVC.  We don't get to see the CO's notes.  If they were denied and the CO refused to see more information I have to think that there was something there other than a need for additional relationship proof.  

In no case did a CO ever only look at only what Homeland sent them.  Never has that ever happened unless the case was so bad that the CO had no choice to deny. 

John did you not read Tbones post on page 1? Many times the CO will not look at relationship evidence brought to the interview. So for people going through whats considered to be 'difficult Embassies' front loading as well as side loading is recommended because it ensures the proof will be entered into your case file. Please check out Tbones timeline. 4 min interview- officer refused to see any paperwork brought.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I already stated that I might me wrong, thank you for clarification. How do I delete my posts in here? 

You do not need to delete any posts, Im not sure why you would want to? You can contact a mod and ask them to delete if you want. 

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Damara said:

John did you not read Tbones post on page 1? Many times the CO will not look at relationship evidence brought to the interview. So for people going through whats considered to be 'difficult Embassies' front loading as well as side loading is recommended because it ensures the proof will be entered into your case file. Please check out Tbones timeline. 4 min interview- officer refused to see any paperwork brought.

How do you side load a I129f?

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, Damara said:

VJ should start paying you payxibka for cleaning up the messes I make in the forums.😛

Many people on this site would find that quite offensive.  😂😂

YMMV

12 hours ago, Damara said:

Yes. They already had their decision made before the interview. Additional proof would not help. There were enough red flags that there was nothing they brought with that would change their decision. I’ve seen this a few times. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
18 hours ago, John & Rose said:

USCIS = Homeland Security - Approves/Denies petitions

NVC = Department of State - Immigrant Pre-Processing -  Issues Visas after CO approval As it relates to the I-129F,  NVC forwards the materials to the consulate, the responsibility for further processing belongs to the consulate.

CO = Department of State - Bureau of Consular Affairs  - Approves and issues visas

Each has their job.  

YMMV

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Thank you!  I will make note of that!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.