Ptoth42

Need help with proof.

64 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

A couple of respondents went through Manila, typically one of the easiest consulates.

They're not wrong in regard to front-loading the petition package from their frame of reference.

However, as ronniebreda says just above, it depends on the consulate.

Do not (do NOT!!!) take the consular phase lightly!

Many of us brought evidence to the visa interview and it was ignored, dismissed, or refused.

If USCIS has seen the extra material (as part of the petition submission), the COs cannot ignore its existence.

Ptoth42, what country is your fiancee in?

Philippines, I'm just scared to lose out on money...I know I put in extra stuff like a copy of her passport, legal papers she has no criminal record, stuff like that...I think I'm over thinking this. I also got lots of pics with dates from fb from when we were together, I got printed pictures of her her and I with her family and I'm going to send in 30 messages each going back a few months...I was having trouble going way back, so I hope this is all enough.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Aha.  In comparison with other consulates, Manila hands out visas like candy.

Just fulfill the petition requirements and, if you want, throw in some pictures.

Otherwise, listen to Greenbaum and other experienced Phils members.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Frontloading is kind of at your discretion I suppose! my husband is from a high fraud country, Nigeria, so with our petition we included a few chats from a few months each, not hundreds of pages but just to show we had constant contact through the years, so its up to you and whether or not your interview will be very difficult.... good luck ^_^

NOA1: 3/20/2017

hardcopy: 3/24/2017

NOA2: 7/13/2017

hardcopy: 7/17/17

NVC received: 7/24/17

Embassy received: 7/31/17

Interview: 11/9/2017 APPROVED!

Visa in hand: 11/16/17

POE: 11/20/17 via Washington D.C

Married 1/19/18 via Detroit

AOS.AP.EAD packet received 4/18/18

AP.EAD Approved 10/18/18

AP.EAD in hand 11/17/2018

AOS interview scheduled 11/20/18

4 minutes ago, goldenbae said:

Frontloading is kind of at your discretion I suppose! my husband is from a high fraud country, Nigeria, so with our petition we included a few chats from a few months each, not hundreds of pages but just to show we had constant contact through the years, so its up to you and whether or not your interview will be very difficult.... good luck ^_^

I didnt..we have been together for two years but fb wouldnt let me go back that far, so best I did was 6 months but I got pictures and post she tagged me like pics from when we webcam that go back to the first time we started dating...you think that's enough.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ptoth42 said:

I didnt..we have been together for two years but fb wouldnt let me go back that far, so best I did was 6 months but I got pictures and post she tagged me like pics from when we webcam that go back to the first time we started dating...you think that's enough.

as long as you can show that each month you spoke and kept contact, I think that should be fine....just my opinion tho

NOA1: 3/20/2017

hardcopy: 3/24/2017

NOA2: 7/13/2017

hardcopy: 7/17/17

NVC received: 7/24/17

Embassy received: 7/31/17

Interview: 11/9/2017 APPROVED!

Visa in hand: 11/16/17

POE: 11/20/17 via Washington D.C

Married 1/19/18 via Detroit

AOS.AP.EAD packet received 4/18/18

AP.EAD Approved 10/18/18

AP.EAD in hand 11/17/2018

AOS interview scheduled 11/20/18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

As a front loader in a consulate that’s not difficult like others, I was glad I did.  Few questions.  I exported the chat log and just gave a sample of one day per week, which was still a lot, but manageable.  I paid no attention to content, it was totally random and not complete conversations.  Just to show a regular flow of common.  I printed out one page of Facebook chats per day to show the actual screen shots ( one day of each sample week).

They’re only interested in the dates, not in reading your conversations’ content.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Ptoth42 said:

Hi everyone that reads this...I'm on my last part before I mail in my K1 application. My fiance and I mostly use fb for communication and obviously I need to print out messages for proof. Problem is we have been dating for 2 years so that's alot. I've tried down loading my messages from fb but their are so many messages. How did all of you do this part.  Its takes like an hour just to find the first message I've sent to her.

There is a message/chat downloader addon for Chrome that I used.   After installing the addon, an icon will appear at top of Chrome anytime you are in messenger.  It will let you specify date ranges.  I downloaded in 3 month increments.  I didn't actually present them in the Manila interview, but they could clearly see me standing there beside Junrey holding 2 large binders (1st 3 months and last 3 months).  I did not send in any message logs with I129F petition application.

1 hour ago, kennharv said:

There is a message/chat downloader addon for Chrome that I used.   After installing the addon, an icon will appear at top of Chrome anytime you are in messenger.  It will let you specify date ranges.  I downloaded in 3 month increments.  I didn't actually present them in the Manila interview, but they could clearly see me standing there beside Junrey holding 2 large binders (1st 3 months and last 3 months).  I did not send in any message logs with I129F petition application.

LOL...

did you also have the ' try me [expletive] ' look I'm picturing?

19 hours ago, Ptoth42 said:

Hi everyone that reads this...I'm on my last part before I mail in my K1 application. My fiance and I mostly use fb for communication and obviously I need to print out messages for proof. Problem is we have been dating for 2 years so that's alot. I've tried down loading my messages from fb but their are so many messages. How did all of you do this part.  Its takes like an hour just to find the first message I've sent to her.

Messages and chat logs are not required for the petition.  Other proof is (photos, receipts, passport stamps....)  It isn't a bad idea to do a little front loading for high fraud embassies but that is country specific.  We had a couple last year that sent 1300 pages of chat logs with their petition.  Think about what you need to do at this point.

The petition has to prove that you have met at least once in the two years prior to filing and that you are both legally capable of marrying.

Proof of ongoing relationship is presented at the interview.  You do not need to send a lot of extra papers that the adjudicator may not be interested in seeing.  Please read the directions from the USCIS site.  If front loading is required, be thoughtful and make it logical.  Show the length of time you have been communicating.  Quality over quantity.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I do recall that below the requirement stating you've met in the last two years, it also said to submit proof of ongoing relationship. Hence, why the question of how much and what to send in re to chat/phone logs. Each couple should discuss what and how much of it to send. A previous poster stated to send what they felt comfortable to send and what gave them peace of mind at night...I'll side with that.

Catherine. 

31 minutes ago, Catherine6 said:

I do recall that below the requirement stating you've met in the last two years, it also said to submit proof of ongoing relationship. Hence, why the question of how much and what to send in re to chat/phone logs. Each couple should discuss what and how much of it to send. A previous poster stated to send what they felt comfortable to send and what gave them peace of mind at night...I'll side with that.

Catherine. 

Here are instructions...  I agree.  My comment was about quality over quantity.  You dont need every conversation but if you want to send that you should think about what you are doing.  Proof of ongoing relationship is not mentioned at all in the official instructions.  That is up to the petitioner but they need to think about what they are sending.

i-129finstr.pdf

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 hours ago, Catherine6 said:

Catherine. 

There is actually no requirement to submit proof of an ongoing relationship in the actual petition or its instructions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I had to print my chats it would be over 7000 pages for 1 years worth. I did not send any chat messages with my app. They sent me an RFE but that was for a missing document. When the interview comes, My fiancée will have in her possession first 250 pages of chats and last 250 pages of chats. Even that I think is overkill.

Just now, Commish10 said:

If I had to print my chats it would be over 7000 pages for 1 years worth. I did not send any chat messages with my app. They sent me an RFE but that was for a missing document. When the interview comes, My fiancée will have in her possession first 250 pages of chats and last 250 pages of chats. Even that I think is overkill.

Perfect!

We didn't send any chat logs at all and we were approved.  It was the Philippines though and things are very different depending on country.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
21 hours ago, gaski said:

i think its best if you just do it simple and not over work your application..just prepare lot of those stuff(pictures,receipt,chat log and other evidence that will prove your continues bonafide relationship) on the final interview.

It won't hurt to add some of this when filing the petition, remember sometimes you can get once of those mean CO who won't look at any documents at the interview but only the ones sent at the original filing. 

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.