kris&me

to moderators (merged)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

You can find them somewhere throughout the forum and go to their profile and send a Private message. :)

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [F]) [2018-2019]

Spoiler

Sent packet: August 10, 2018 (Lines Compressed to fit signature restriction guideline)

USCIS Received package: August 14 - Notification in text/email: August 17 - Mail received from USCIS: January 22, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: January 17 - NVC Received Case: February 14 - NVC Case # Assigned: February 14

US Embassy Received: Not sure but got email reply - March 11 - Instructions Received via e-mail: March 19

Interview: May 7 - Approved! - Arriving to US/POE: June 12 - Married July 15, 2019

AOS Process [2019-2020]

Spoiler

Sent packet: July 27, 2019 - USCIS Received Package: July 29 - [Hiccup] Package was sent back due to incorrect fee and sent on August 5.
Notification in text/email: August 12 @ 12:30AM - Check cashed: August 12 - NOA 1 Mail: August 16 - Biometric: September 5 @ Atlanta, GA

AOS RFIE: Sept. 28 - got in mail by Oct 3. [They lost my Husband's Birth Certificate] - Sent back AOS RFIE: Oct 16 2019, at office by Oct 17.
AOS Case update notice on April 9th, 2020, waiting for mail. - Interview date: Scheduled as of July 15, date is August 19. Passed the interview!

My Husband got his GC! 2 Year Conditional Green Card expires 08/19/2022, Residence since 08/19/2020

ROC Process [2022-2024]

Spoiler

Sent packet: June 16, 2022 via USPS, USCIS Received Package: June 21
Notice in text (didn't get email nor text on other phone): June 24
Notice date: June 23, package is at SRC (Texas Service Center), Paid with Credit Card, payment taken on June 25
NOA 1 Mail: June 30, Biometric: Reused
Got letter in mail for extension: April 12th, Received date June 21, 2022, Notice date: April 5, 2023 = 48 Months Extension. No physical card yet.
Approved without interview as of Feb 15th, 2024. Was not a combo interview with N-400.

Naturalization N-400 [2023-...]

Spoiler

Filed Online: July 28, 2023NOA: July 29, 2023
Service Center: NBC, application # starts with IOE#.
Biometrics waived. Got NOA mail Jan 5, 2024 says Interview in Nashville, TN on Feb 6, 2024.
Queue for review and approval. Already in line for Oath Ceremony as of Feb 13th, 2024.

32 minutes ago, kris&me said:

how can i address  a direct question to a moderator?

1 minute ago, kris&me said:

looked thru the forum topics 

no list of moderators

@Penguin_ie can help you 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the Site Discussion forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, kris&me said:

looked thru the forum topics 

no list of moderators

https://www.visajourney.com/search/ or https://www.visajourney.com/search/?&type=core_members&joinedDate=any&group[4]=1&group[21]=1&group[10]=1&group[23]=1&group[14]=1&group[19]=1&group[9]=1&group[20]=1

Go to search and use the members tab to search. Uncheck/check as needed. Organizers are low level mods that move stuff around, then theres global mods,  lead mods etc.https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Forums_Moderation

If its a technical issue you need to contact Ewok and the best way is to use the link on the bottom of any page where it says site map- contact us- that goes right to Ewok. 

You can also use the report button on any post and a box comes up that the mods will get but it will be a random mod.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I've been looking for a forum to express my thoughts regarding a post I recently made, which was deleted by a moderator claiming violation of TOS.

I made a simple question in a forum, someone asked about if a long overstay will be an issue on their application. This was the answer that I got:

On 12/12/2018 at 7:31 PM,  Valmabe said: 

What about police certificate?  would it show something? or that kind of issue does not appear on the certificate? 

Is an overstay a crime?  Even if it was, is it a crime that would cause a Visa ineligiblility?  In other words would it be a crime involving moral turpitude?

- To which I answer: I do not know. That's why I am asking. Nevermind answering my stupid question. 

- Then I've got the response, He/she could have given in first place. 

-To which I replied: Whatever. I've come to realize that some of the moderators in VJ with a lot of experience sometimes tend to give really rude answers when there's no need for that. Anyway keep on doing it you are doing a "great job"

When I saw that 1 or 2 people liked my comment, I though ok, my comment was not out of place. 

I'd like to know why my reply was unacceptable, deleted and not the answer I got from the moderator in the begining? 

As I mentioned before, I've seen some members asking questions and getting rude answers. I understand this is a free site and your are free to delete posts, ban users that you consider do not comply with your TOS.

This is a very entertaining and supportive site, and for what I've seen very helpful for a lot of people I must say.

Thanks for the reply I get to this.

®️

Timeline
21 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Several posts have been removed for having violated this provision of the site's Terms of Service:

"Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums."

This means that, regardless of how irritating we perceive another poster to be, we can't tell them not to post.

If something violates the TOS, hit the "report post" button and explain your reasoning.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

-------

Personal note:  Even 11 years later, I acutely remember my presence in my monthly filers' thread.  The thick tension could be cut with a knife, and the information level was usually "the blind leading the deaf."  We didn't know what we didn't know.  I would have given a lot if long-time members had donated their wisdom on our behalf, but I don't remember any who did.  Consider taking what you can gain from the perspective and experience being offered by such members in this thread.

I've reminded myself of this, written some time ago but still pertinent:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410945-k-1-journey-completed/

I hope that it helps at your stage of this infernal, infuriating process.

TBoneTX

regular VJ member

I've been looking for a forum to express my thoughts regarding a post I recently made, which was deleted by a moderator claiming violation of TOS.

I made a simple question in a forum, someone asked about if a long overstay will be an issue on their application. This was the answer that I got:

On 12/12/2018 at 7:31 PM,  Valmabe said: 

What about police certificate?  would it show something? or that kind of issue does not appear on the certificate? 

Is an overstay a crime?  Even if it was, is it a crime that would cause a Visa ineligiblility?  In other words would it be a crime involving moral turpitude?

- To which I answer: I do not know. That's why I am asking. Nevermind answering my stupid question. 

- Then I've got the response, He/she could have given in first place. 

-To which I replied: Whatever. I've come to realize that some of the moderators in VJ with a lot of experience sometimes tend to give really rude answers when there's no need for that. Anyway keep on doing it you are doing a "great job"

When I saw that 1  or 2 people liked my comment, I though ok, my comment was not out of place. 

I'd like to know why my reply was unacceptable, deleted and not the answer I got from the moderator in the begining? 

As I mentioned before, I've seen some members asking questions and getting rude answers. I understand this is a free site and your are free to delete posts, ban users that you consider do not comply with TOS.

This is a very entertaining and supportive site, and for what I've seen very helpful for a lot of people I must say.

®️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Valmabe said:

As I mentioned before, I've seen some members asking questions and getting rude answers. I understand this is a free site and your are free to delete posts, ban users that you consider do not comply with TOS.

Here is what I believe is relevant part of TOS

Users agree to NOT:

image.thumb.png.f78e0b9484b8ae72865b0a81ab951485.png

I believe action against your post (and also mine incidentally since I quoted you) were on the ground of you asking someone to not post things, which is against TOS term of "restrict or inhibit any other user" but that seem to ignore the fact that initial (sarcastic?) answer that wasn't removed very much is against the rule of "purposely designed to .... make fun, belittle... takes away from personal enjoyment" Mod's discretion clearly was that that comment doesn't fall under that category, while yours did. There is no appeal process. I suspect these posts will be removed shortly. Try not to take things personally, and just get what is useful to your case and move on.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

First, clarification:  the member whose post you objected to is not a Moderator, but an experienced regular member.

An experienced member seemed to be using the "Socratic" method in helping you self-discover answers.

Your response was dismissive and was reported as needlessly rude toward someone who was trying to help.

In the removal message, the violated Terms of Service provision was clearly stated.

(In fact, a second TOS provision was also being impinged upon.)

Replies that followed (from you and others) were removed for quoting the removed post, bickering, or both.

The explanation for the removals, given by the Moderator, was crafted to be clear and patient.

Next time, please:

When questioning or objecting to a Moderation action, send that Moderator a personal message.

Remember that reposting removed material (and inaccurately reproduced, at that) is a violation in itself.

Remember that the impersonal nature of Internet communication can lead to misinterpretation of "tone."

When a post treads on a TOS provision, use the "report post" button as your first resort.

Review the Terms of Service, found here:  http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
8 hours ago, Shiran said:

Here is what I believe is relevant part of TOS

Users agree to NOT:

image.thumb.png.f78e0b9484b8ae72865b0a81ab951485.png

I believe action against your post (and also mine incidentally since I quoted you) were on the ground of you asking someone to not post things, which is against TOS term of "restrict or inhibit any other user" but that seem to ignore the fact that initial (sarcastic?) answer that wasn't removed very much is against the rule of "purposely designed to .... make fun, belittle... takes away from personal enjoyment" Mod's discretion clearly was that that comment doesn't fall under that category, while yours did. There is no appeal process. I suspect these posts will be removed shortly. Try not to take things personally, and just get what is useful to your case and move on.

Thanks for your reply, not taking things personal just speaking up my mind. 

®️