Iscir

does it matter who visits more?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

maybe it is a dumb question, but does it matter who visits more? my husband (petitioner) has visited me only once, but i (beneficiary) have visited him 3 times. This works for us because he can only visit  me for about 12 days while i can visit for many (20 days or more). It is also cheaper for me to visit. Now we are planning our next trip and it makes more sense if i do the travel again. Would this look bad when we have our interview? we got our NOA1 on august.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The strongest quality evidence you can provide is that of being together.  It matters NOT who visits whom.........good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, missileman said:

The strongest quality evidence you can provide is that of being together.  It matters NOT who visits whom.........good luck.

Thanks! I was worrying for nothing then :) 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The more you visit each other, the better, who visits whom does not matter, whatever works best for you.  Face time is key for approval from all the accounts I have read from others who are going through this process.  My husband does not have a passport yet, so I go to him.  Plus, we know that it would be difficult for him to get a B2 to visit the US with a pending I130, so we do not even try.  I fly to Brazil as often as I can save up vacation days at work.  I'm going again for Thanksgiving for a week, and we are so excited to see each other, it has been two months since our last visit.  He is working on his passport so that we can see each other in other countries outside the US:  we have planned trips to Canada in February, and Europe in April, while we wait for this long process.  We filed in July so just ahead of you.  All this waiting sucks, but the visits ease the pain.  Do what you can to see each other and save all the evidence to submit at the NVC stage as additional evidence of time spent together.  There are so many couples in our same situation--good luck with the waiting!  All the best to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Many of us married someone who couldn’t come to the US on a visitor visa.  So it’s not assumed a beneficiary will have visited at all.

Timeline
On 11/11/2018 at 4:40 PM, carmel34 said:

The more you visit each other, the better, who visits whom does not matter, whatever works best for you.  Face time is key for approval from all the accounts I have read from others who are going through this process.  My husband does not have a passport yet, so I go to him.  Plus, we know that it would be difficult for him to get a B2 to visit the US with a pending I130, so we do not even try.  I fly to Brazil as often as I can save up vacation days at work.  I'm going again for Thanksgiving for a week, and we are so excited to see each other, it has been two months since our last visit.  He is working on his passport so that we can see each other in other countries outside the US:  we have planned trips to Canada in February, and Europe in April, while we wait for this long process.  We filed in July so just ahead of you.  All this waiting sucks, but the visits ease the pain.  Do what you can to see each other and save all the evidence to submit at the NVC stage as additional evidence of time spent together.  There are so many couples in our same situation--good luck with the waiting!  All the best to you.

Thank you! I was worried they would think my husband was not interested in spending time here in my country, and that it would have a negative effect on the interview. But now i see I was worrying too much :P Plane tickets are so expensive, that every extra day we can spend together counts! He tries saving days too, but even so i am the one who has more days to visit usually. 

It has been two months since our last visit too, and we are also planning to see each other again in february! Good luck on your husband's immigration process! We still have a long wait sadly, but it will be so worth it in the end :D

During the interview, my hubby was asked how many times he visited US and how many times I visited. Hubby visited US 2x and I 6x. It was fine. :) 

Timeline
18 hours ago, CJlove said:

During the interview, my hubby was asked how many times he visited US and how many times I visited. Hubby visited US 2x and I 6x. It was fine. :) 

that's good to know, thanks!

do you mind if i ask how was the interview? i am curious since i will be having the interview in the Santiago Embassy too, and i couldn't find much information about it here compared to other countries. 

Just now, Iscir said:

that's good to know, thanks!

do you mind if i ask how was the interview? i am curious since i will be having the interview in the Santiago Embassy too, and i couldn't find much information about it here compared to other countries. 

I have a friend who also filed i130 for his wife in South Korea (SK) and when I asked, in SK the interview was one round. Asking general questions about the relationship BUT in Santiago, there’s TWO rounds. My hubby went in, and on his first round of interview, CO asked about the relationship. She asked 4 questions: When did we meet? How did we meet? How many times did I visit? How many times my hubby visited US? When that was done, he was told to wait. 

On on the second round of interview, he was seated with 2 other people and they were going through all the documents we submitted (basically a check list). On the second round, hubby was given 220(g) with request to submit an additional sponsor. He will return to the embassy this week with the completed additional sponsorship. 

Now, hubby said there were 8 other people waiting for the interview who were scheduled at a similar time. Only 3/8 received the visa. 

He said, a women in the round one interview was basically being interrogated for over 30 min. Because she was swill being questioned while my hubby completed the first and the second round of interview. When she finally came out, he can tell that she flat out got rejected because she was crying and pleading with the CO. My hubby got his finger prints done and was told that everything looked good, just that he needs another sponsor. They kept his passport and everything else and gave him a letter to renter embassy this week with the completed sponsorship paperwork (w2 etc). 

I hope this helped. When is your interview? 

And don’t be disappointed if the interview schedule gets delayed. My hubby was initially schedule for his interview on October but was rescheduled from the embassy. When he went to get his doctor’s exam result (because you can only pick it up in person a day or two before the interview), the receptionist said that there were many applicants who’s schedules been moved around, so it’s fairly common in Santiago. Just FYI... Good luck! 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, CJlove said:

I have a friend who also filed i130 for his wife in South Korea (SK) and when I asked, in SK the interview was one round. Asking general questions about the relationship BUT in Santiago, there’s TWO rounds. My hubby went in, and on his first round of interview, CO asked about the relationship. She asked 4 questions: When did we meet? How did we meet? How many times did I visit? How many times my hubby visited US? When that was done, he was told to wait. 

On on the second round of interview, he was seated with 2 other people and they were going through all the documents we submitted (basically a check list). On the second round, hubby was given 220(g) with request to submit an additional sponsor. He will return to the embassy this week with the completed additional sponsorship. 

Now, hubby said there were 8 other people waiting for the interview who were scheduled at a similar time. Only 3/8 received the visa. 

He said, a women in the round one interview was basically being interrogated for over 30 min. Because she was swill being questioned while my hubby completed the first and the second round of interview. When she finally came out, he can tell that she flat out got rejected because she was crying and pleading with the CO. My hubby got his finger prints done and was told that everything looked good, just that he needs another sponsor. They kept his passport and everything else and gave him a letter to renter embassy this week with the completed sponsorship paperwork (w2 etc). 

I hope this helped. When is your interview? 

we got the NOA1 in august so there is still a long time until i have my interview, but we want to be well prepared! and i wanted to know what to expect. like here on this website they say there are embassies where the interview is harder than others, like Morocco, so i was wondering how it was in Chile. 

thanks a lot, it did help! did they ask him more questions on the second round or did they just review the documents you submitted? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, CJlove said:

And don’t be disappointed if the interview schedule gets delayed. My hubby was initially schedule for his interview on October but was rescheduled from the embassy. When he went to get his doctor’s exam result (because you can only pick it up in person a day or two before the interview), the receptionist said that there were many applicants who’s schedules been moved around, so it’s fairly common in Santiago. Just FYI... Good luck! 

oh that sucks. did you also had to wait a long time when they scheduled the interview the first time? it seems it takes like 2 months from what i have seen here. but thankfully now your process is almost over!! :D

1 minute ago, Iscir said:

we got the NOA1 in august so there is still a long time until i have my interview, but we want to be well prepared! and i wanted to know what to expect. like here on this website they say there are embassies where the interview is harder than others, like Morocco, so i was wondering how it was in Chile. 

thanks a lot, it did help! did they ask him more questions on the second round or did they just review the documents you submitted? 

On the second one was more like a review. You’re seated with 3 other people reviewing your documents. Which can be nerve racking! 

I hope you get interviewed by the female CO. My hubby said she was very pleasant where the other male CO appeared to be mean.. Maybe that’s why the other applicant was crying...? 

Make sure to to print your travel itineraries. Hubby has all the past travels (both mine to Chile and his to America) tickets with him to prove that, that’s how much we saw each other. BTW, I love Chile. I love love love the people and the culture. Not so much the smoking (since EVERYONE smokes, well almost everyone). He should come visit more. And yes I know, it’s expensive. Both of our past travels combine, we could have bought a NICE LUXURY car! 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.