jg121783

OPINION: NO BLUE WAVE IN 2018, BUT A TSUNAMI OF HATE

131 posts in this topic

Dems made their biggest gain in House, Governor seats etc etc for 40 years. It was a blue wave. Outstanding considering the state of the Economy. Republicans had a disasterous night, they should've gained many seats with the state of the Economy. Thanks Mango!

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

19 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Dems made their biggest gain in House, Governor seats etc etc for 40 years. It was a blue wave. Outstanding considering the state of the Economy. Republicans had a disasterous night, they should've gained many seats with the state of the Economy. Thanks Mango!

The democrats put everything they had into this election and could only take the House by a handful of seats and LOST Senate seats. All this during a mid term under a new president where historically the party of the president should lose both houses. Pretty pathetic on the part of the left if you ask me. By the way the republicans lost the least amount of seats in a mid term with a new president like this in over 100 years. That's a decent accomplishment on their part.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

7 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

The democrats put everything they had into this election and could only take the House by a handful of seats and LOST Senate seats. All this during a mid term under a new president where historically the party of the president should lose both houses. Pretty pathetic on the part of the left if you ask me. By the way the republicans lost the least amount of seats in a mid term with a new president like this in over 100 years. That's a decent accomplishment on their part.

Only because of Gerrymandering, they would've lost a lot more. In the Senate it is looking like the GOP will gain at least 1 at most 3. Not really significant, awful in fact when you consider the Senate map heavily favoured the GOP going into the election.

Montana, Mississippi, Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, Red States that all went heavily for Trump in 2016.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

16 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Only because of Gerrymandering, they would've lost a lot more. In the Senate it is looking like the GOP will gain at least 1 at most 3. Not really significant, awful in fact when you consider the Senate map heavily favoured the GOP going into the election.

Montana, Mississippi, Arizona, Texas, Tennessee, Missouri, Red States that all went heavily for Trump in 2016.

Rather than parlay a word you heard, explain how gerrymandering affected the Senate races, did those big bad Republicans redraw state lines unbeknownst to everyone? 

Replace some of your vitriol with common sense it will improve people's perception....

Maybe you are an Aerosmith fan, Dream On ... You need to up your game of twist...

1 hour ago, JimandChristy said:

Yes but 20 lefties were guilty of criminal mischief at Tucker Carson's house, which apparently proves there is no blue wave, and according to the logic of some Republican talking heads, millions of Democrats are now guilty by some sort of association. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

3 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Yes but 20 lefties were guilty of criminal mischief at Tucker Carson's house, which apparently proves there is no blue wave, and according to the logic of some Republican talking heads, millions of Democrats are now guilty by some sort of association. 

the difference is in perception of what constitutes a wave.

While the right considers mainstream democrats no more a part of Antifa than being a mainstream Republican being supporters of neo Nazis,

Antifa is constantly touted as a benign group fighting neo-facists, do you consider that woman and her children worthy of terrorist attacks by these thugs, the person quoted appeared to

1 minute ago, Randyandyuni said:

While the right considers mainstream democrats no more a part of Antifa than being a mainstream Republican being supporters of neo Nazis,

Antifa is constantly touted as a benign group fighting neo-facists, do you consider that woman and her children worthy of terrorist attacks by these thugs, the person quoted appeared to

Of course I do not, but I do hold individuals responsible for their own actions. We could debate whether or not there is a blue wave, although I'm not sure what the purpose would serve in the overall scheme of things. The people involved should be charged appropriately, but I definitely would not consider "tsunami of hate" to be an accurate term for the scale of the event. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

8 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Of course I do not, but I do hold individuals responsible for their own actions. We could debate whether or not there is a blue wave, although I'm not sure what the purpose would serve in the overall scheme of things. The people involved should be charged appropriately, but I definitely would not consider "tsunami of hate" to be an accurate term for the scale of the event. 

I know you do/did not, it was rhetorical I respect your opinions even if I do not agree with all of them

The Tsunami of hate was not my term but the title of the article that left OP, as far as debating what is/isn't a blue wave, not on my bucket list. 

I was reacting to the comment that these pillars of the community were mere protesters, this label gets assigned to Antifa all too often

1 hour ago, Randyandyuni said:

Rather than parlay a word you heard, explain how gerrymandering affected the Senate races, did those big bad Republicans redraw state lines unbeknownst to everyone? 

Replace some of your vitriol with common sense it will improve people's perception....

Maybe you are an Aerosmith fan, Dream On ... You need to up your game of twist...

That's the latest talking point of the left. The Senate races were gerrymandered. Total ignorance of how our electoral system works.

20 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Coupled with other acts of violence by antifa I think that description is in fact fitting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, JimandChristy said:

Don't know where you get your info (I can probably guess however...) but all accounts say this was just an average mid term result.

Nothing more.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/11/midterm-election-results-followed-historical-precedent/

Blue wave or purple puddle?

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

1 hour ago, Randyandyuni said:

The issue I have with that is the right disavows neo Nazis but the left doesn't disavow antifa and in many cases actually defends them.

3 hours ago, JimandChristy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/trump-actually-did-way-better-than-obama-in-his-first-midterm-2018-11

In midterm elections, a president's party loses a handful of seats. For former President Barack Obama, midterm elections in 2010 and 2014 were catastrophic compared to Trump's moderate losses.

In 2010, Obama lost 63 House seats. Even if every House race undecided at time of publication gets called for the Democrats, Trump will have lost about half as many seats as Obama did during his first midterm.

Edited by Randyandyuni