Adutwum

Interview

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Honestly I think some VJ members scare us with comments about the Embassy in Ghana because I went  for my interview and that was my first but didn't experience those scary things that I read about the Ghana embassy being a tough embassy . My wife didn't frontload as they always say . Went to the interview with my wedding and engagement album and pictures of me and my wife and daughter together, money transfer receipts and about 30 pages of whatsapp chats and I was asked just 3 questions : how long we have been married , how long I have known her and whether my daughter is a citizen. The interview barely lasted 2 minutes.The CO too was very friendly.

I think the whole interview is being real and God being on your side because if you truly have a relationship with the person sponsoring you then there is no need for concern .

Timeline
1 hour ago, Adutwum said:

Honestly I think some VJ members scare us with comments about the Embassy in Ghana because I went  for my interview and that was my first but didn't experience those scary things that I read about the Ghana embassy being a tough embassy . My wife didn't frontload as they always say . Went to the interview with my wedding and engagement album and pictures of me and my wife and daughter together, money transfer receipts and about 30 pages of whatsapp chats and I was asked just 3 questions : how long we have been married , how long I have known her and whether my daughter is a citizen. The interview barely lasted 2 minutes.The CO too was very friendly.

I think the whole interview is being real and God being on your side because if you truly have a relationship with the person sponsoring you then there is no need for concern .

Do you mind sharing your process and what they did ask for us with upcoming interviews...

Timeline
2 hours ago, Leilajohns73 said:

Do you mind sharing your process and what they did ask for us with upcoming interviews...

Am an F2A and had a priority date of 22/8/16 and had my interview on the 8th . Went into the consulate around 8 :45 am and was called to present my documents around 12 pm documents included my birth cert ,police cert 2 passport photos ( American size ), marriage cert and evidence of relationship ( photo albums ) after that was called about 12 45 pm for an interview which lasted for about 3 minutes. Took my daughter with me to the embassy although she wasn't to be interviewed.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Adutwum said:

Am an F2A and had a priority date of 22/8/16 and had my interview on the 8th . Went into the consulate around 8 :45 am and was called to present my documents around 12 pm documents included my birth cert ,police cert 2 passport photos ( American size ), marriage cert and evidence of relationship ( photo albums ) after that was called about 12 45 pm for an interview which lasted for about 3 minutes. Took my daughter with me to the embassy although she wasn't to be interviewed.

I also think if your relationship is real, you have the required documents and God is on your side, most definitely its gonna be easy. I'm happy for you and also agree whatever is shared here is intended to help. They scare us sometimes though....lol

5 hours ago, Adutwum said:

First point I want to make is the claim that members are trying to scare people. What benefit would it be to scare people. Members are here to inform people. Sometimes we advice on obstacles and challenges of immigration. If a person is about to walk down a trail but that trail may have some things in it that are dangerous, warning them is not trying to “scare” them. When you are on a flight and you have to listen to safety advisory on what to do in case of an emergency, they are not trying to scare you. In is called informing and preparing for the possibility of bad outcomes.

The reason why members on VJ warn about Ghana is because there are literally many members who interviewed in Ghana and posted their denials. There are plenty of threads on denials from Ghana. Even those that had the same evidence as you were denied. Which leads me To a question,... did you search any Ghana embassy threads? Because, if you had, you would have found that there are plenty of post about people being denied. . In fact, based on all of the denial threads posted on VJ in recent months, Ghana has one of the most.

Like already mentioned, it is good that you had a good outcome. But yours is one of many. I can honestly say that no one on VJ said that nobody will get approved at Ghana. That would be reckless to say. We know successful outcomes happen at every embassy.

Congrats and and best of luck to you.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ashley & Derrick said:

We just had our interview (and approval ) yesterday, and I would like to share my opinion.  

First, I owe a great deal to the members on VJ, because they cleared up a lot of my questions and concerns both in the forums and through private message. Everything from filling out the forms to gathering evidence can be confusing and the instructions from other members made it so much easier.  Also, a few members were even super nice and notified those of us waiting for interviews through the embassy in Ghana when dates were available.  Always reach out to those couples who have dealt with the embassy you are going through. This is not an easy process and every bit helps!! However, you have to use the advice of others at your own discretion...

Second, a lot of members share their experiences (good and bad) without including a lot of "backstory".  For some of the denials, I saw people say they did not know why or give misleading information.  However, if you are smart, you will realize that most denials fall into a list of categories and you can double check your case with similar cases to get a good idea of your chances for approval and if there are red flags to be addressed.  I will not comment on others relationships, but age/cultural/religious differences, the time spent together, time spent in a relationship before becoming engaged, and language barriers are often highlighted for their significance in the approval process.  Other than that, you have instructions on what to send in your application, as well as, the requirements.  Going above and beyond the requirements is an option for some and a necessity for others.  

Lastly, true love overcomes all.  Some of us are fortunate to have approvals, but some are denied - that's an unfortunate fact.  But there are many couples who did not give up, they did not let the government decide their fate.  There is always a Plan B.  You may not yet be able to together here, but the world is open to you - international and online employment is at its peak right now. Even a basic American salary can go a long way in certain countries. You are not stuck - it may take time to meet the requirements for an approval, but how you utilize the time is completely up to you and your fiance/spouse.  

well said

Timeline

Its all always good to share your experiences after your interview whether good or bad .There are people who have genuine relationships but are denied and others with sham  marriages but are approved . It's all but quality evidence and God on your side. VJ always have positive influence on how to prepare but truly there others here that scare even when they have not had any interview experience.

I also feel like it is much easier for women to get their visas than it is for men, especially in the worst embassies. Having your paperwork in order, front loading, visiting a million times, nothing is assured at some of these embassies. I agree with the poster who asked, "Why would someone intentionally scare you?" We're not scaring anybody, but merely stating the truth about what happens behind closed doors in some of these embassies. You haven't felt fear and hopelessness until you have been the victim of one of the CO's ruthless tactics to intimidate and terrorize you. These embassies are breaking their own rules of conduct because they are behind closed doors with no video or audio evidence of what they do to people. It MUST stop. People have got to file complaints about these probably-illegal tactics. My biggest regret is that I didn't talk to my husband about being prepared to be treated like a murderer or rapist in a prison. (I didn't know to do that.) He went in thinking it would be a civil conversation....big big mistake. We've known each other almost 8 years now, been married 3. BUT we are not giving up.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Every experience is different..Just because your interview went smooth sailing doesn't mean it will for the next...Btw, congrats on your approval...But as I was saying, it is better to be prepared and knowledgeable than to not know..Yes, Nigeria has had some issues in the past, but having a lot more approvals these days. However, I didn't take that for granted..I just made sure to get plenty of visits in as well as send in quality evidence...Again, congrats!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 11/10/2018 at 2:54 AM, Adutwum said:

There has been a very big shift in how the Ghana embassy works these days. I believe it's because they cleaned how after a fake embassy was busted selling real visas given to them from people inside the embassy. This change happened about a year. I can tell you first hand the embassy is very different now. The questions at my husband's CR1 interview in February 2017 had absolutely nothing to do with our relationship. Our visa being approved hinged on how he answer the question "what is your cousins address in Oregon?" He was asked that question 3 different times. He was also asked about his aunt and his sister-in-law. Only 2 questions were about me. 

I don't think people are trying to scare others. They are speaking from experience. For Ghana it is best to be over prepared. It's not like lesser fraud countries. I would rather people read through my review and be overly prepared for their interview then to show up with nothing, not practice and be denied. I know the heartache of being denied and I would never want someone to go through that if they didn't have to. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. I totally agree with the scary post that have been made in the past. As well as the backlash you get for sharing your opinion on here. I have all faith in God as well and wish you and your spouse the best! Congratulations again!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I received a denial letter and making plans to go to Ghana to be with my fiance and marry then apply for the marriage visa (k3) Can you shed any light on what you think made your case strong? Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.