Reqahmed

Can I see doctor without social security number?

40 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

Emergency rooms are for emergencies not routine care.  If you do not have a regular physician, go to am "urgent care" center.  Their costs are comparable to a physicians office visit.

A regular GP will cost $500 for a visit? Becuase my urgent care visits have billed me that much. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Timeline

Quite possibly depending on the complexity of the visit.  Our uncompicated ones are billed at over $200 without EKGs, labs, etc.

Our son's ER copay with insurance is $1500; then the insurance will pay.

And your urgent care likely included blood work, etc.

Edited by CEE53147

20 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

Quite possibly depending on the complexity of the visit.  Our uncompicated ones are billed at over $200 without EKGs, labs, etc.

Our son's ER copay with insurance is $1500; then the insurance will pay.

And your urgent care likely included blood work, etc.

No it didnt.  It was a visit. A strep test. And a steroid. 

Thankfully insurance took it down to $150. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

9 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

A strep test and a shot and an office visit .  It is reasonable in a high cost area.  Check your insurance copay on ER visit.

I dont have copay. I have a HDHP.  5% after deductible until max out of pocket is met.  

Filed: Other Timeline

Whatever the financial cost to an individual, it is irresponsible to use the ER for other than true emergencies.  My local ERs are so clogged with people seeking care for routine conditions that they regularly are unable to admit people in life threatening conditions requiring ambulances to go miles further and/or to facilities that are not "trauma venters" and prepared to handle accident and violence victims and the critically ill..

On 11/12/2018 at 8:47 AM, NikLR said:

I dont have copay. I have a HDHP.  5% after deductible until max out of pocket is met.  

Thank you for all your reply. Can I work while I waiting for green card and SSN?

1 hour ago, Reqahmed said:

Thank you for all your reply. Can I work while I waiting for green card and SSN?

If you have a CR1 you can work asap.  You cannot be paid without an SSN though.  If it doesn't arrive within 2 weeks of arrival then go to an SSA office. 

57 minutes ago, NikLR said:

If you have a CR1 you can work asap.  You cannot be paid without an SSN though.  If it doesn't arrive within 2 weeks of arrival then go to an SSA office. 

Thanks it's Cr1 and I will go to SSA office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.