Boiler

Dutch man, 69, starts legal fight to identify as 20 years younger

60 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 11/9/2018 at 9:04 PM, Satisfied said:

What do you suppose the issues are with women who want to be viewed as men, or vice versa?  Or any of the 30+ genders who don’t seem to understand biology?

Looks like Ratelband is trying to use the current trend towards acceptance of the above to justify his age change request. Ratelband has said, "You can change your name. You can change your gender. Why not your age?" https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/pensioner-who-identifies-as-49-wants-age-legally-changed-to-improve-chances-on-tinder-a3984086.html

On 11/9/2018 at 10:37 PM, Steeleballz said:

None of what you posted is really relevant to the gentleman who is the subject of this topic.

Thus, @Satisfied's post technically is relevant.

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
On 11/9/2018 at 1:32 AM, Bill & Katya said:

If this works, will a 16 year old be able to legally change their age to 21 so they can buy alcohol, pot, or God forbid a gun (in areas that have enacted age limits on gun purchases)?

You missed one: Will a 13 year old be able to legally change their age to 67 in order to get Supplemental Security Income (SSI)* based on the new age? If so, proxy communism, here we come:jest:

*SSI pays benefits to people who are older than 65 years of age, blind or disabled and who have no income or low income. Unlike other Social Security benefits, these benefits are not paid based on past earnings and Social Security tax payments.

Edited by TM92

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Whatever his history he will be known for bringing forward and fighting against the most discriminatory issue of our time.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
16 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

For the record my wife is older than me although she looks younger.  Regardless, I still want to know if a 16 year old can change their age legally?

16 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Why ask a question that you already know the answer to?

Five short years ago, the question “how many genders are there?” would never had to have been asked.  Or “which bathroom should I use?”  

Different questions have become more valid in recent years.

Edited by Satisfied

On 11/8/2018 at 11:55 AM, yuna628 said:

Guy sounds like a nutcase to me. Plenty of young things throw themselves at aged men. Perhaps he should search dating aps or scenes that are actually looking for a man of his age.

Exactly!  But, he doesn’t want that!  He wants what is out of reach and can’t accept his own reality. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Five short years ago, the question “how many genders are there?” would never had to have been asked.  Or “which bathroom should I use?”  

Different questions have become more valid in recent years.

Last time I looked we were up to 63 genders.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 hours ago, TM92 said:

You missed one: Will a 13 year old be able to legally change their age to 67 in order to get Supplemental Security Income (SSI)* based on the new age? If so, proxy communism, here we come:jest:

*SSI pays benefits to people who are older than 65 years of age, blind or disabled and who have no income or low income. Unlike other Social Security benefits, these benefits are not paid based on past earnings and Social Security tax payments.

It would only be fair. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. 

18 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

If I am following correctly, several guys with younger wives are taking exception to a statement saying there are plenty of older men with younger wives. I wish I hadn't slept through my psychology class. I might have followed this better, cause it seems kind of silly.

as usual the MDL leaves out the part of the story that totally changes the context of the entire story( hint it had something to with "could not find women here in America:  Nice job, I hear CNN is hiring 

6 hours ago, TM92 said:

Looks like Ratelband is trying to use the current trend towards acceptance of the above to justify his age change request. Ratelband has said, "You can change your name. You can change your gender. Why not your age?" https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/pensioner-who-identifies-as-49-wants-age-legally-changed-to-improve-chances-on-tinder-a3984086.html

The initial statement i responded to, about 30+ genders, mental issues and not understanding biology was completely off base and not related to the current topic. The discussion of transgender issues generally results in  posts that push the limits of the TOS. I don't care to be drawn into discussions about it, especially if it is not the subject of the topic.

Discussing age specifically though, the current human understanding of time is that it is linear and moves in one direction. I have had the occasional debate with people who would challenge that concept as being constricted by the limitations of our own perception, but it is not something we yet understand enough to alter. You can not medically or scientifically change the amount of time that has past since a person's birth. You may feel or look different than your chronological age, but you can't be a different age.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

2 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

as usual the MDL leaves out the part of the story that totally changes the context of the entire story( hint it had something to with "could not find women here in America:  Nice job, I hear CNN is hiring 

You gave the post a heart, so I'm assuming you didn't object to the wording at the time. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

The initial statement i responded to, about 30+ genders, mental issues and not understanding biology was completely off base and not related to the current topic. The discussion of transgender issues generally results in  posts that push the limits of the TOS. I don't care to be drawn into discussions about it, especially if it is not the subject of the topic.

Discussing age specifically though, the current human understanding of time is that it is linear and moves in one direction. I have had the occasional debate with people who would challenge that concept as being constricted by the limitations of our own perception, but it is not something we yet understand enough to alter. You can not medically or scientifically change the amount of time that has past since a person's birth. You may feel or look different than your chronological age, but you can't be a different age.

What about Dr. Who?  😀

Yes, all points regarding age that you brought forward are absolutely correct.  It is a joke what this Dutch man is attempting to do, hopefully the Dutch courts throw him out on his 69 year old bottom.  Maybe Nigel Powers was correct.  

“There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.”

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, TM92 said:

Thank you.  It's nice to feel relevant for a change.  May karma smile fondly on you in the days to come!

7 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

*passed

9 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

You gave the post a heart, so I'm assuming you didn't object to the wording at the time. 

I am a cheap easy date with like buttons 😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

I am a cheap easy date with like buttons

Remember to remember in the above way Those Who Have Power Over You, si man.  TOS TOS TOS TOS TOS TOS TOS TOS

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).