Jen&Cal

Approved !!

79 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys! Me and my fiance are a little behind all of you but congratulations! I just need some guidance haha- basically our application is still at the nvc at the moment but should be sent to the embassy this week and we have been given our case number- my question is what should i be doing now? Should i file the ds-160 form? And when did you guys schedule your medical? Our lawyer says we should wait till we recieve a letter from theembassy saying they recieved our case- but ive seen people say that just scheduled it as soon as recieving the case number since they just want to speed up the whole process on theirend? Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks guys!

15 minutes ago, Mez274 said:

Hi guys! Me and my fiance are a little behind all of you but congratulations! I just need some guidance haha- basically our application is still at the nvc at the moment but should be sent to the embassy this week and we have been given our case number- my question is what should i be doing now? Should i file the ds-160 form? And when did you guys schedule your medical? Our lawyer says we should wait till we recieve a letter from theembassy saying they recieved our case- but ive seen people say that just scheduled it as soon as recieving the case number since they just want to speed up the whole process on theirend? Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks guys!

Our attorney's also said wait for the letter but we didn't! As long as you have proof of your case number ( screen shot / print it ) to take with you to the medical you can go ahead with it!

Also I would complete the DS-160 now to get it out of the way. 

Good luck !

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Jen&Cal said:

Our attorney's also said wait for the letter but we didn't! As long as you have proof of your case number ( screen shot / print it ) to take with you to the medical you can go ahead with it!

Also I would complete the DS-160 now to get it out of the way. 

Good luck !

Oh thank you!! We called and got our case number that way- do they email you eventually? 

Just now, Mez274 said:

Oh thank you!! We called and got our case number that way- do they email you eventually? 

They do but you can also go to this website:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

Under immigrant visa if you enter your case number it should pop up - you can screen shot that as well 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jen&Cal said:

They do but you can also go to this website:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=NIV

Under immigrant visa if you enter your case number it should pop up - you can screen shot that as well 

Thank you very much for your help- just to clarify - sorry i just dont want to make any mistakes! So does it not matter that your case hasnt arrived at the embassy when youve had your medical and they sent it to the embassy who dont even have your application yet? 

Also it says at nvc on the website but it proves that the case number is real is that fine?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Mez274 said:

Thank you very much for your help- just to clarify - sorry i just dont want to make any mistakes! So does it not matter that your case hasnt arrived at the embassy when youve had your medical and they sent it to the embassy who dont even have your application yet? 

Also it says at nvc on the website but it proves that the case number is real is that fine?

Thanks!

No you don't have to wait for your case to arrive at the embassy !

You do have to wait for it to arrive at the embassy for the interview - but medical is fine and will take a week or so to get to the embassy. 

Even if the embassy doesn't have your case yet it will be fine !

11 hours ago, Mez274 said:

Thanks!

I suggest you get the medical out of the way because sometime they ask for additional things to be faxed/emailed to them.

We had to send additional medical summery / reports which held us up a little. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Mez274 said:

As @Jen&Cal said, it’s go go go time! Get your medical booked in, they get booked up pretty fast so you may have to wait a couple of weeks before they have availability anyway. As long as you have the case number they will give you an appointment.

I was able to book the embassy appointment the day after it went into transit from NVC to the embassy. I have never ever received anything from the embassy to say I should go ahead and book it so don’t wait for them either. Sometimes people receive a P3 but I’ve never had that. 

Waiting for the officials to contact you will take up time. So just go ahead and do everything now. Book appointments, complete the DS-160, get your paperwork together etc... it’s the time when stuff actually happens!

@Jen&Cal your passport arrived yet? I’m still waiting, the tracking says it’s “on the road”. I have notes on my front door telling them to knock my windows if I don’t hear them haha! I haven’t moved from the sofa just incase I don’t hear the door!

31 minutes ago, Travel Munkis said:

As @Jen&Cal said, it’s go go go time! Get your medical booked in, they get booked up pretty fast so you may have to wait a couple of weeks before they have availability anyway. As long as you have the case number they will give you an appointment.

I was able to book the embassy appointment the day after it went into transit from NVC to the embassy. I have never ever received anything from the embassy to say I should go ahead and book it so don’t wait for them either. Sometimes people receive a P3 but I’ve never had that. 

Waiting for the officials to contact you will take up time. So just go ahead and do everything now. Book appointments, complete the DS-160, get your paperwork together etc... it’s the time when stuff actually happens!

@Jen&Cal your passport arrived yet? I’m still waiting, the tracking says it’s “on the road”. I have notes on my front door telling them to knock my windows if I don’t hear them haha! I haven’t moved from the sofa just incase I don’t hear the door!

Ours says the same !! "On the Road" ! UGH

I'm at work but I kept telling my fiance to stay by the door and DO NOT miss the delivery ! We have flights booked for tomorrow so I hope it comes soon...

Everyone on VJ said it was a window of 8am to 6pm but our tracking email provided no time frame!

Hope we both get ours soon. (: 

Let me know when you get yours !

Timeline

@Jen&Cal IT IS HERE IT IS HERE IT IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Is this actually real?????? AHHHHHHH

Just now, Travel Munkis said:

@Jen&Cal IT IS HERE IT IS HERE IT IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Is this actually real?????? AHHHHHHH

OH MY GOSH !!!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU ~ 

Does yours have the packet ?

Congratsss (: 

Hope ours comes next !! ahhhh !!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jen&Cal said:

OH MY GOSH !!!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU ~ 

Does yours have the packet ?

Congratsss 🙂

Hope ours comes next !! ahhhh !!

It has a very large white packet. A little slip that explains you’re not allowed to leave, to get married within 90 days etc and the criminal record certificate. 

I’m not sure where your fiancé is based but I’m about 40 minutes South of Birmingham and it’s been snowing so the roads are bad. I know it’s been snowing in London too, so they may be they’re just taking a little longer today. But don’t worry, it’ll be there soon!!!

Just now, Travel Munkis said:

It has a very large white packet. A little slip that explains you’re not allowed to leave, to get married within 90 days etc and the criminal record certificate. 

I’m not sure where your fiancé is based but I’m about 40 minutes South of Birmingham and it’s been snowing so the roads are bad. I know it’s been snowing in London too, so they may be they’re just taking a little longer today. But don’t worry, it’ll be there soon!!!

He is in Stoke on Trent !! Yes he mentioned it looked like it was snowing, hope it gets there today ! :(

Just now, afkey13 said:

I’m so happy for everyone!!! My fiancé flies in tomorrow - I’m so excited! 

Thank you !! Mine flies in tomorrow too ! (:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.