Jen&Cal

Approved !!

79 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Jen&Cal said:

Seriously ?? Let us know when you hear something ! We had our interview on the 7th, it stayed "Ready" until this morning it changed to "Application Received" then to "Administrative Processing" just now. 

Hope you hear something soon !

Our changed to AP on the 6th and has stayed like that ever since. I’m going out of my mind!!! 

Just now, Travel Munkis said:

Our changed to AP on the 6th and has stayed like that ever since. I’m going out of my mind!!! 

Can  you contact someone?? Is there anything "complicated" about your case? ( was medical there on time? ) What the heck !

I haven't seen my fiance since January and I know we are near the end but I feel like I just cannot wait anymore. 

Timeline

My fiancé had his interview on the 7 of November and it has been in AP (nonimmigrant)  since the 9! It’s driving me crazy. They didn’t have his medical at his interview but he called Knightsbridge the day of his interview and they sent it over so we know they got it the next day. We also know because his changed after is interview from Ready to AP (immigrant) then on the 8 to Ready again and on Friday the 9 to AP (nonimmigrant). I check the status like 4 times a day because I just want him here already! We haven’t seen each other since the beginning of February!! 

Just now, afkey13 said:

My fiancé had his interview on the 7 of November and it has been in AP (nonimmigrant)  since the 9! It’s driving me crazy. They didn’t have his medical at his interview but he called Knightsbridge the day of his interview and they sent it over so we know they got it the next day. We also know because his changed after is interview from Ready to AP (immigrant) then on the 8 to Ready again and on Friday the 9 to AP (nonimmigrant). I check the status like 4 times a day because I just want him here already! We haven’t seen each other since the beginning of February!! 

It makes no sense how October interviews got their visa in one week !? I hate this uncertainty of when he will finally come. I keep refreshing the website too - all throughout my day work and just can't concentrate on anything else. I am assuming he probably won't make it before thanksgiving, which we had been planning on. 

Timeline
Just now, Jen&Cal said:

It makes no sense how October interviews got their visa in one week !? I hate this uncertainty of when he will finally come. I keep refreshing the website too - all throughout my day work and just can't concentrate on anything else. I am assuming he probably won't make it before thanksgiving, which we had been planning on. 

I understand completely. My birthday is actually the day after thanksgiving (the 23rd) and we were really hoping he’d be here for that. We thought it would be fine since there’s two weeks and 10 business days before we were planning on him flying. But now we don’t know what’s going on!

He has tried calling to check but they said they cannot discuss visas over the phone, so don’t try that you’ll be on hold for ages for nothing! (He called the day after to see if they had gotten his medical). 

I’m hoping that all of this is really fine and that we all get the answer in a timely manner because I don’t want to wait anymore! 

Just now, afkey13 said:

I understand completely. My birthday is actually the day after thanksgiving (the 23rd) and we were really hoping he’d be here for that. We thought it would be fine since there’s two weeks and 10 business days before we were planning on him flying. But now we don’t know what’s going on!

He has tried calling to check but they said they cannot discuss visas over the phone, so don’t try that you’ll be on hold for ages for nothing! (He called the day after to see if they had gotten his medical). 

I’m hoping that all of this is really fine and that we all get the answer in a timely manner because I don’t want to wait anymore! 

We are similar !! His birthday is Nov 17th - we knew he wouldn't make it for his birthday but he missed last years thanksgiving which is why we were hoping for before then ! I really hope we all hear something soon - it worries me that a Nov 2nd interview hasn't received their visa yet? Ughh

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jen&Cal said:

We are similar !! His birthday is Nov 17th - we knew he wouldn't make it for his birthday but he missed last years thanksgiving which is why we were hoping for before then ! I really hope we all hear something soon - it worries me that a Nov 2nd interview hasn't received their visa yet? Ughh

Yes that worries me too. But I also want to know if there was something complicated about their case. I also want there to be a November person that comes in and says it went great! I thought I was supposed to be done worrying now that the interview was over!!

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jen&Cal said:

Can  you contact someone?? Is there anything "complicated" about your case? ( was medical there on time? ) What the heck !

I haven't seen my fiance since January and I know we are near the end but I feel like I just cannot wait anymore. 

Nope the most straight forward case you can get. I had a work visa in 2015, we’ve lived together since 2016. I gave up the work visa so we could backpack the world for a year together. We have a place out there, cars and everything. Never been married before etc. Luckily I’ve been going for 90 days on an esta then coming back here for 2 months, I left last time on the 7th September. So hard being in a LDR when we never started out that way. Medical was there on time, got my X-ray CD back. Technically today is 7 working days, the slip they give you once approved says 7-10 working days so they’re not out of their usual time. 

Im supposed to be hosting thanksgiving for our friends and family ughhhhh 🙄

1 minute ago, afkey13 said:

Yes that worries me too. But I also want to know if there was something complicated about their case. I also want there to be a November person that comes in and says it went great! I thought I was supposed to be done worrying now that the interview was over!!

Right ! My fiance's parents after the interview were like "Why aren't you both celebrating?!?!" but I honestly can't celebrate until we have that visa in hand and an easy trip through customs. 

Just now, Travel Munkis said:

Nope the most straight forward case you can get. I had a work visa in 2015, we’ve lived together since 2016. I gave up the work visa so we could backpack the world for a year together. We have a place out there, cars and everything. Never been married before etc. Luckily I’ve been going for 90 days on an esta then coming back here for 2 months, I left last time on the 7th September. So hard being in a LDR when we never started out that way. Medical was there on time, got my X-ray CD back. Technically today is 7 working days, the slip they give you once approved says 7-10 working days so they’re not out of their usual time. 

Im supposed to be hosting thanksgiving for our friends and family ughhhhh 🙄

Are you in Asheville? I'm from Wilmington, NC !

We had a rocky start because he ended up having his ESTA revoked due to him mentioning he wanted to work here ( we were both young and dumb and had no idea about immigration laws ) so he cannot visit on an ESTA. I hope you hear something soon! Please inform us when you do.

Looks like we aren't making thanksgiving either. :(

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jen&Cal said:

Right ! My fiance's parents after the interview were like "Why aren't you both celebrating?!?!" but I honestly can't celebrate until we have that visa in hand and an easy trip through customs. 

We had a rocky start because he ended up having his ESTA revoked due to him mentioning he wanted to work here ( we were both young and dumb and had no idea about immigration laws ) so he cannot visit on an ESTA. I hope you hear something soon! Please inform us when you do.

Yes everyone please update so we can all celebrate when this is over! We deserve to celebrate!!

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Jen&Cal said:

When I first moved there I lived in Chapel Hill (well actually Carrboro), that was a lot of fun! I visited Wilmington a handful of times and loved it. However we ultimately decided on being in Asheville, the mountains were calling lol! 

Oh no, that sucks about the ESTA situation. I hear so many horror stories, but I've used it 3 times this year for the full 90 days and they've never had an issue. I must be the most luckiest person in the world! Perhaps because I've had my work visa before they trust me. 

I've just posted the questions to the NOA2 September forum to see if anyone there has received their passport back. I asked all the people from London who have had interviews in November, so lets see what they say! I'll let you know if I hear anything either from them or with my passport. 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, afkey13 said:

Yes everyone please update so we can all celebrate when this is over! We deserve to celebrate!!

Hell yer we do! I currently have a very expensive bottle of red wine with my name on it over there! It's being cracked open jet lagged or not haha! 

5 minutes ago, Travel Munkis said:

When I first moved there I lived in Chapel Hill (well actually Carrboro), that was a lot of fun! I visited Wilmington a handful of times and loved it. However we ultimately decided on being in Asheville, the mountains were calling lol! 

Oh no, that sucks about the ESTA situation. I hear so many horror stories, but I've used it 3 times this year for the full 90 days and they've never had an issue. I must be the most luckiest person in the world! Perhaps because I've had my work visa before they trust me. 

I've just posted the questions to the NOA2 September forum to see if anyone there has received their passport back. I asked all the people from London who have had interviews in November, so lets see what they say! I'll let you know if I hear anything either from them or with my passport. 

5 minutes ago, Travel Munkis said:

Hell yer we do! I currently have a very expensive bottle of red wine with my name on it over there! It's being cracked open jet lagged or not haha! 

Yes I love Asheville too and its so pretty around this time of year with the fall leaves!

I bought two nice bottles of red wine for his arrival but I ended up cracking one open this week ughhh

Not to mention his computer completely died this week so we are now skyping with his phone it is just a mess !

Just now, afkey13 said:

Mine just changed to issued! 

Oh my gosh !!! Congrats !! so happy for you , this makes me more confident !

Timeline
43 minutes ago, afkey13 said:

Mine just changed to issued! 

eeeeeek congrats! Apart from being extremely jealous I'm please that someone from November has been issued. Let us know how long it takes to come 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.