Jump to content

Getting my father immigrated to US?


1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Country: India

I am a US citizen and was looking into my father to be immigrated to US. As I read, I-130 (Petition for Alien Relative) needs to be filed. And I would need to prove the relationship. The I-130 instruction says that I would need my birth certificate showing my parents (father) name and my father's marriage certifcate showing that he was married to my mother (deceased now) before I was born.

My questions are:

1. What if both of the above documents are not available? Are there any alternate documents?

2. Are these 2 the only documents needed and thats it? (I had recently filed I-129F for my fiancee and the paperwork needed there is way too much; in comparision I-130 requriements for relative are minimal, so want to double check)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...