jg121783

Trump's Republicans Beat Historical Average for Midterm Elections

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, joglen1210 said:

You have a PhD, so why cant you differentiate between lies, conspiracy theories and the facts - the link you sent came from a site espousing falsehoods. I am anti illegal immigration - I am for a decent immigrants who falls in line, work their way up and not abuse the system or us it to their advantage. There is no law separating babies from their mothers. Enforce the law, yes it must be - but don't use a wave of people who are fleeing despot regimes, violence and poverty as a wedge issue to divide. For sure, those people will not be able to reach or even cross the borders. I am in the medical field and I see a lot of abuse from immigrants as well.  What I hate are politicians who lies and spread falsehoods and deceive people just like the current occupier of the WH is doing. I used to be a conservative or a Republican - but I would prefer helping people than using them to my advantage. No offense, I am not implying you are a racist - its just our politics is really different. There is no justification for breaking up families and make the innocent suffer. They should process and enforce the law as "humanely" as possible. 

So what is your solution to separating families?  Keep everyone together in an adult facility?  Give them a paper and keep your fingers crossed that they will show up for an asylum hearing?  Heck, they already passed up the chance to claim asylum in a few countries and in my opinion don’t even qualify for it here which is most likely the reason they do not head to a POE to make the claim and instead force their way across the border illegally.  To me it sounds like you would prefer open borders, but that might just be my reading of your posts.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, joglen1210 said:

Just tell your wife not to watch to much of Fox News. Get a TFC Channel instead. :)

We actually watch more TFC than we do ANY type of American news. But she is still a Trump supporter. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

As a black man, I support Trump. His polices have been great for the economy and more fellow African Americans are working at higher wages than ever before. I grew up in the 70's in the deep south, I know a few things about discrimination, and my Asian wife has had nothing  but positive experiences from the vast majority of Americans of all races

You're kidding, right? Maybe you are watching a lot of Fox News too. "PEACE"

6 hours ago, jg121783 said:

https://www.breitbart.com/midterm-election/2018/11/06/trumps-republicans-beat-historical-average-for-midterm-elections/

Trump is more popular than the left wants to admit. I predict the left screws up so bad running the House that not only in 2020 will they lose it but Trump will win with a bigger margin than in 2016. Besides that the next 2 years promise to be very entertaining with a speaker of the House who has dimentia and other Democrat leaders who are deranged. Good thing they only have the House so they can't do any real damage.

A few days ago you predicted "violence in the streets" after midterms. You may want to own your past failed predictions before throwing out the next ones. Just for perspective.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

2 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

A few days ago you predicted "violence in the streets" after midterms. You may want to own your past failed predictions before throwing out the next ones. Just for perspective.

I said if the democrats lost there would be violence. I also said if they win there MIGHT be violence. Besides were less than 24 hours removed from the election so who knows what antifa might do in the coming days. As for what I said today only 2020 will tell. One thing I do know is the left threw everything they had at this election and barely took the House while losing ground in the Senate. I don't see things improving by 2020 for the left. But what do I know. I was saying before the 2016 election Trump would win while people like you were swearing by the phony polls saying otherwise. By the way the pollsters didn't do much better in this last election. What happened to the blue wave?

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

5 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

I said if the democrats lost there would be violence. I also said if they win there MIGHT be violence. Besides were less than 24 hours removed from the election so who knows what antifa might do in the coming days. As for what I said today only 2020 will tell. One thing I do know is the left threw everything they had at this election and barely took the House while losing ground in the Senate. I don't see things improving by 2020 for the left. But what do I know. I was saying before the 2016 election Trump would win while people like you were swearing by the phony polls saying otherwise. By the way the pollsters didn't do much better in this last election. What happened to the blue wave?

No, you said  "The only way Republicans can lose is election fraud. The radical left has good reason to worry. I predict violence in the street tomorrow night as the radical left throws the biggest temper tantrum of them all."

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/689009-democrats-traumatized-by-2016-are-having-pre-midterms-nightmares/?do=findComment&comment=9448336

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 hours ago, joglen1210 said:

There is no justification for breaking up families and make the innocent suffer. They should process and enforce the law as "humanely" as possible. 

I suggest you go read the forums a bit and come back and review your post. 

This forum is littered with members whose families are seperated while they go through the immigration process the proper way, there are many seperated from their spouses and their kids by thousands of miles. Some of these forum members have family in the poorest countries in the world and they are suffering but still they do it legally. But you are suggesting that someone who crosses illegally with their family should be kept together, why should they get special treatment?  

No one who tries bypass the legal route into this country deserves special treatment. 

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Returning to the topic of this thread:  Had the 41 incumbent Republicans not chosen to retire, it's likely that the Democrats would not have retaken the House at all.

Something like 80% of incumbents win re-election.  They have the power of incumbency, the name recognition, and the campaign structure already in place.  Conversely, open seats level the playing field.

Most of these 41 were probably snookered by all the talk that Pres. Trump wouldn't last and that there'd be a "blue wave."  They are chiefly to blame for the flipping of the House.  However, because many were RINOs or Never-Trumpers, their departure is no loss.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

@TBoneTX - you make a really good point! I hadn't even thought about that. 

On the plus side of it - I'm not going to complain when an incumbent retires, even if it does mean the seat flips parties.  Politics shouldn't be a "career" lasting decades. (cough, cough, "term limits", cough, cough)

I'm not really all that bothered by the House flipping to Dem majority.  I don't think it's in the best interest of the Nation for either party to hold all the power.  Even if the Dems are ignoring the Constitution as much as they possibly can (and it's costing them) we need something that will still provided some semblance of balance.  The Republicans can't be allowed to function unchecked and uncontested, that wouldn't be healthy for the Nation in the long run (the whole "absolute power corrupts absolutely" thing).  Overall I'm pleased with how I see our system working.  It's not a perfect system, but it's one of the best I've seen considering the basic faults in human nature.  To see so many people actually get involved in a mid term election is awesome! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, OptimusSpice said:

@TBoneTX - you make a really good point! I hadn't even thought about that. 

On the plus side of it - I'm not going to complain when an incumbent retires, even if it does mean the seat flips parties.  Politics shouldn't be a "career" lasting decades. (cough, cough, "term limits", cough, cough)

I'm not really all that bothered by the House flipping to Dem majority.  I don't think it's in the best interest of the Nation for either party to hold all the power.  Even if the Dems are ignoring the Constitution as much as they possibly can (and it's costing them) we need something that will still provided some semblance of balance.  The Republicans can't be allowed to function unchecked and uncontested, that wouldn't be healthy for the Nation in the long run (the whole "absolute power corrupts absolutely" thing).  Overall I'm pleased with how I see our system working.  It's not a perfect system, but it's one of the best I've seen considering the basic faults in human nature.  To see so many people actually get involved in a mid term election is awesome! 

I tend to agree with you, but I am still a bit disappointed that I live in one of those districts where an incumbent was ousted (Pelosied) by a relative newcomer.  To be honest, I am not too sorry to see the soon-to-be former representative out, but I wish it had come at the primary with a new person running on both sides.  Regardless, we now have a Democrat representing our House district and we shall see how it goes.  She sort of promised not to support Pelosi for Speaker (WaPo article, sorry, don't have the link), so that will be her first big test come the new year.  I imagine her along with all the freshmen Democrat representatives will be pressured quite a bit by Nancy et. al. to support her bid for the Speaker's seat and we shall see if they hold their own or buckle.

I do wish John James would have beaten Debbie Stabenow.  It was interesting, the Democrat leaders in Michigan were touting their newer candidates running that had military experience, but they completely ignored Mr. James's experience.  Instead we keep a career politician as our Senator who is long passed the time to retire.  I do hope James tries again.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, joglen1210 said:

Are you a filipino? or a minority? I just can't believe you all fall for the lies and deception of this current WH occupier. I just cant understand why its okay with you to separate babies from their mom. Sure, lets get rid of all the immigrants instead of giving them the opportunity to work. If I ask you to apply for a job picking up vegetables in an open field or cleaning houses or picking up litters in the highway - I bet you will not apply. The extreme right hates immigrants and some of them are espousing that the US return to become pure white and you as an immigrant is okay with it? You support a corrupt womanizer, a bankruptcy expert and a guy who dupes businesses and employees by not paying them - I guess shows more of the hypocrisy prevalent with the immigrant (ignorant) community. What?? its all Hillary's fault? Love the fetus - hate the baby??

Let me guess, You hate Duterte as well

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

18 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

They can try to paralyze the government via investigations and subpoenas.

However, little do they realize that Pres. Trump thrives on playing games like these.

Agreed that he probably has a better chance of 2020 re-election than if the Repubs had held the House.

Not only does he thrive, he always wins while playing

The guy is good

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

1 hour ago, Bill & Katya said:

I do wish John James would have beaten Debbie Stabenow.  It was interesting, the Democrat leaders in Michigan were touting their newer candidates running that had military experience, but they completely ignored Mr. James's experience.  Instead we keep a career politician as our Senator who is long passed the time to retire.  I do hope James tries again.

I literally only found out about him on Monday and I was hoping he would win. 

Edit. I really hate how the MSM is swooning all over the new Dems that were elected that are a minority or a woman. It's like they don't even recognize that the Republicans put forward a fair number of Minority and Women candidates as well but they didn't get elected because those candidates primarily ran in the cities where the Dems control. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024