RoseSouDeJ

Taking so long this process...

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello there,

I have sent my I-751 package in October, 2017. Received a receipt on October 16, 2017. 

In 05/05/2018 a letter was received saying that I don't need to go for biometrics.

After that, another receipt notice came in on 08/18/2018 saying that are delays in processing. 

On the website USCIS case status online says that my case was received on Feb, 2018 (but I sent it on October, 2017). 

Does anybody know what is going on with processing times? My service center is in California. 

Any personal experience would give me some enlightenment on this waiting process. Thank you!

They're suuuuper behind on I751, sadly. Are you eligible to file N400?? It would mean more waiting but if you get scheduled for an N400 interview, it would force them to find your I751 and adjudicate it with the N400.

Ok, so the reason your case says received in February 2018 is because that's the date they uploaded all I-751 case numbers to the new USCIS system. My case had that date too until it was approved. Unfortunately I just had a look at the processing times and they're about 8 months behind your date if I'm reading it right. They've slowed down a lot in recent years. 

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

6 minutes ago, RoseSouDeJ said:

I will look into N400 which I didn't consider yet.

This waiting has been way too long.

Thanks for your advice.  

LOTS of people are doing this now. RoC takes so long that people become eligible for citizenship. You might as well look into it. If you become a citizen, you can be forever done with USCIS haha. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You might try monitoring this thread which is dedicated to October 2017 ROC filers. Sounds like California Service Center applications aren't being processed yet. So you're not being singled out in the delay on processing your app.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We filed ROC Mar 2017 and then in Jan/Feb filed N400.  Wife had interview/test yesterday and they combined 751 and 400 into one....She was told all was good, but need to enter everything into system for 751...another week, or 2, the IO said.  So, we are still in process for ROC...20 months now and counting.  The good news is that we should be getting everything approved in the next week, or so.  Long wait!  If you can submit your N400...then do it!  Start that ball rolling

31 minutes ago, Brian&Larissa said:

We filed ROC Mar 2017 and then in Jan/Feb filed N400.  Wife had interview/test yesterday and they combined 751 and 400 into one....She was told all was good, but need to enter everything into system for 751...another week, or 2, the IO said.  So, we are still in process for ROC...20 months now and counting.  The good news is that we should be getting everything approved in the next week, or so.  Long wait!  If you can submit your N400...then do it!  Start that ball rolling

Same  N 400yesterday, but they don't want to interview for 751, let us wait. So frustrating

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Didier Drogba said:

Same  N 400yesterday, but they don't want to interview for 751, let us wait. So frustrating

Actually, that is what happened, but why not finish everything off in one sitting...why did it have to take to having the N400 interview to action the I751 which was in limbo for basically 20 months?  That is what drives me up a wall!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

They're currently approving August '17 ROC applications, so you probably have a couple more months to wait. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline
2 minutes ago, usmsbow said:

They're currently approving August '17 ROC applications, so you probably have a couple more months to wait. 

I so wish this was true.  My step-daughter's ROC, who turned 18 since her arrival into the US, is still in limbo.  Her ROC was also submitted in Mar '17 along with her mother's.  She is still waiting and that after calling and requesting info as to why it is taking longer than normal processing times.  I really believe those dates are just a possible guide because 1 application might have been serviced in the earliest month.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Brian&Larissa said:

I so wish this was true.  My step-daughter's ROC, who turned 18 since her arrival into the US, is still in limbo.  Her ROC was also submitted in Mar '17 along with her mother's.  She is still waiting and that after calling and requesting info as to why it is taking longer than normal processing times.  I really believe those dates are just a possible guide because 1 application might have been serviced in the earliest month.  

It is true. My wife's ROC was approved two weeks ago, and a bunch of others who filed around the same time (August '17) have been approved recently. Obviously there are some anomalies. And yes, they are a possible guide, nothing more than that... 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/7/2018 at 2:16 PM, usmsbow said:

I truly hope so! 

On 11/7/2018 at 9:53 AM, Didier Drogba said:

@Didier Drogba Hi,  

when did you apply for your N400 and when was your interview? 

I applied April 2018 with pending I751 and I’m still awating my interview letter. Just curious.... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.