jesus111

Fiancee visa stuck on ready

20 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, so i have a question because now i am really worried and it seems no one can give me a good answer. My fiancee was aproved for her k1 visa in september 24 this year it is today 6 weeks r

from the aproval. When i go to the ceac website all it says it is ready or ready for scheduling interview. On other website AIS it says appointment but nothing else. Today i contacted the NVC they said my case was in AP but the weird is the my case says ready and it has have been updating, last update was yesterday. Anybody know or has have something like this? My case is in Mexico

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

case is at Mexico embassy / NVC knows nothing about it at this point

and they are only guessing AP as you told them u had interview

so,  some embassies are not fast at updating the CEAC site and the AP can mean visa is in process of being prepared but it can mean they are doing additional background checks

2 minutes ago, kris&me said:

case is at Mexico embassy / NVC knows nothing about it at this point

and they are only guessing AP as you told them u had interview

so,  some embassies are not fast at updating the CEAC site and the AP can mean visa is in process of being prepared but it can mean they are doing additional background checks

NVC told me it was in AP but websites say ready and other says appointement. It has said anything different since interview

19 minutes ago, jesus111 said:

Hi everyone, so i have a question because now i am really worried and it seems no one can give me a good answer. My fiancee was aproved for her k1 visa in september 24 this year it is today 6 weeks r

from the aproval. When i go to the ceac website all it says it is ready or ready for scheduling interview. On other website AIS it says appointment but nothing else. Today i contacted the NVC they said my case was in AP but the weird is the my case says ready and it has have been updating, last update was yesterday. Anybody know or has have something like this? My case is in Mexico

Was the interview done?

1 minute ago, GreenGem said:

Was the interview done?

Instead of contacting the NVC you might want to reach out to the embassy and see what's the hold up. Maybe they put an AP but usually that is when they need something. What was the last thing they told your fiance?

6 minutes ago, GreenGem said:

Instead of contacting the NVC you might want to reach out to the embassy and see what's the hold up. Maybe they put an AP but usually that is when they need something. What was the last thing they told your fiance?

That the visa was approved to wait for it to be delivered. Thats the thing i have tried contacting everything i can, but embassy i have not been able to.

4 minutes ago, jesus111 said:

That the visa was approved to wait for it to be delivered. Thats the thing i have tried contacting everything i can, but embassy i have not been able to.

I found this on the Embassy's website. Did you do this?

* Your visa has been approved.  As part of your resident visa’s process, you need to submit your passport. You will need to visit the following website: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/es-mx/iv. Sign into your existing account by clicking on “continue” and enter your e-mail and password. On the Applicant Summary page click on “Consular Section instructed me to send more documents”. On the Follow-up Documents Request page, select the Applicant that the request is for by clicking on the gray box. Please enter the Reason for request and click on “Send Request” button. Click “OK” on the Approval request box. Click on “Applicant details” link. Click “Continue” on the Applicant Summary page. Click “Submit”. Click “OK”. Click “View Courier- in Receipt” on instructions page. Finally, print Courier-in Authorization Certificate and take Certificate and Documents to DHL Office.

9 minutes ago, GreenGem said:

I found this on the Embassy's website. Did you do this?

* Your visa has been approved.  As part of your resident visa’s process, you need to submit your passport. You will need to visit the following website: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/es-mx/iv. Sign into your existing account by clicking on “continue” and enter your e-mail and password. On the Applicant Summary page click on “Consular Section instructed me to send more documents”. On the Follow-up Documents Request page, select the Applicant that the request is for by clicking on the gray box. Please enter the Reason for request and click on “Send Request” button. Click “OK” on the Approval request box. Click on “Applicant details” link. Click “Continue” on the Applicant Summary page. Click “Submit”. Click “OK”. Click “View Courier- in Receipt” on instructions page. Finally, print Courier-in Authorization Certificate and take Certificate and Documents to DHL Office.

No but it looks line that is for a differen t case, we left my girls passport with the officer the day of the interview and he did not ask for any other document. Thank you thi

Just now, jesus111 said:

No but it looks line that is for a differen t case, we left my girls passport with the officer the day of the interview and he did not ask for any other document. Thank you thi

Yea, I think that is when they request your fiance to submit something. Well I hope this works out for you guys. Waiting is frustrating. Have you selected a DHL courier office yet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Try again to call and or email the embassy to see if by any chance you guys forgot any step during or after the interview. When I did my K1 long time ago (Buenos Aires embassy) after the interview the CO told me to go to the DHL window to make the payment and arrange for the delivery of my passport with visa.

4 hours ago, Sunnyland said:

Try again to call and or email the embassy to see if by any chance you guys forgot any step during or after the interview. When I did my K1 long time ago (Buenos Aires embassy) after the interview the CO told me to go to the DHL window to make the payment and arrange for the delivery of my passport with visa.

they only tell us to wait, i guess every contry is different cause i dont have to pay that fee

9 hours ago, jesus111 said:

Well today status changed to AP. I dont if that can be good or bad at this point.

That's typically good.  That's the step right before the visa is issued.

x

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.