EliAnon

Employment K1 question

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

In your opinion would it be worth scheduling our interview for after I get a hold of my newest tax returns in February//March 2019? 

Not really.  It is OK that the tax return does not show adequate income    Your employer letter and pay stubs address your current income.   

But the decision is yours

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

12 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

In your opinion would it be worth scheduling our interview for after I get a hold of my newest tax returns in February//March 2019? 

My unofficial answer to this is not to be overly concerned.  Use what you have and get together as soon as you can!  Manila rarely looks at the financials and you already have it covered.

On the other hand, interviewing in January and possibly bringing your beautiful fiancee to Bloomington, Indiana in February is going to be quite a shock!  Not many there have experienced what the good ole Midwest winter can bring!  Either way, anticipate your heating bills to be a bit higher next year!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

My unofficial answer to this is not to be overly concerned.  Use what you have and get together as soon as you can!  Manila rarely looks at the financials and you already have it covered.

On the other hand, interviewing in January and possibly bringing your beautiful fiancee to Bloomington, Indiana in February is going to be quite a shock!  Not many there have experienced what the good ole Midwest winter can bring!  Either way, anticipate your heating bills to be a bit higher next year!

5 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Not really.  It is OK that the tax return does not show adequate income    Your employer letter and pay stubs address your current income.   

But the decision is yours

Awesome thanks! you guys are the best! Expect me to bother you two more and more as the end of the year nears :D

And yes John! I can't stop thinking about her and her daughter being here with me! It is going to be amazing, she is looking forward to experiencing snow and colder weather (think of it, she hasn't felt anything below probably 65 Fahrenheit lol), not to mention my Fiancee told me her daughter referred to me as Dad yesterday; now that will make your heart melt lol

2 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Awesome thanks! you guys are the best! Expect me to bother you two more and more as the end of the year nears :D

And yes John! I can't stop thinking about her and her daughter being here with me! It is going to be amazing, she is looking forward to experiencing snow and colder weather (think of it, she hasn't felt anything below probably 65 Fahrenheit lol), not to mention my Fiancee told me her daughter referred to me as Dad yesterday; now that will make your heart melt lol

I know how that "dad" feels.  Both of my step kids are older but that "Daddy" pulls on my heart every time.  

Make sure they have good boots, hats and gloves!  Same here, I'm guessing that 65 is about as low as the kids have experienced.  Rose has lived in Ireland so she knows cold.  I am taking the kids to Hong Kong and Macau in a couple weeks.  I think nights there will be in the 65 degree range.  I will see how they react.  Neither has ever seen or experienced snow so that will really be fun for them when it happens...for about a minute!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I know how that "dad" feels.  Both of my step kids are older but that "Daddy" pulls on my heart every time.  

Make sure they have good boots, hats and gloves!  Same here, I'm guessing that 65 is about as low as the kids have experienced.  Rose has lived in Ireland so she knows cold.  I am taking the kids to Hong Kong and Macau in a couple weeks.  I think nights there will be in the 65 degree range.  I will see how they react.  Neither has ever seen or experienced snow so that will really be fun for them when it happens...for about a minute!

But does she know about the Chicago wind coupled with the temperatures? I keep telling my fiancee  that -40 is not that bad

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Just now, payxibka said:

But does she know about the Chicago wind coupled with the temperatures?

Nope!  I remember walking out of United Center after a Hawks game in February and I thought I was going to die.  I was well prepared but once that wind hit the cold goes right through you.  That was one walk to my car I will never forget.  The sleet felt like needles and I could feel it rough my hat, coat and gloves.  Luckily that was a very rare experience for me so far.  I don't mind the cold but that was awful.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

Nope!  I remember walking out of United Center after a Hawks game in February and I thought I was going to die.  I was well prepared but once that wind hit the cold goes right through you.  That was one walk to my car I will never forget.  The sleet felt like needles and I could feel it rough my hat, coat and gloves.  Luckily that was a very rare experience for me so far.  I don't mind the cold but that was awful.  

right? I love the fall, and the cold. But negative temperatures are a whole nother ball game. Here in Bloomington it can get down to -20 and that is lame haha

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Come to Minnesota.   Where we always leave the light on our igloos .  -40 ambient,  -60 with wind chill

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

-20   ... ya I am laughing.   I was born and raised in Minnesota ...   -60 actual .. now that is cold, poor car wouldn't shift out of 1st.

Do I live up in that crazy weather now?  .. HECK NO!!   :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.