EliAnon

Employment K1 question

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I am a June filer and submitted my 129f on June 19 and got my NOA1 practically the following week. At the time I just graduated and had put down under, 'Employment history' that my occupation/s was a student and put down the start and end date of that event. I am now working at a real job that makes more than what is required to get my Fiancee and her daughter over here.

Question is, Should I contact and change my employment history with USCIS if an option is available to do so? Or is it only relative to the interview in Manila? (I will have my parents co sponsoring as well just for peace of mind).

Edited by EliAnon

3 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

So I am a June filer and submitted my 129f on June 19 and got my NOA1 practically the following week. At the time I just graduated and had put down under, 'Employment history' that my occupation/s was a student and put down the start and end date of that event. I am now working at a real job that makes more than what is required to get my Fiancee and her daughter over here.

Question is, Should I contact and change my employment history with USCIS if an option is available to do so? Or is it only relative to the interview in Manila? (I will have my parents co sponsoring as well just for peace of mind).

I would just make sure that your fiancee has the latest information with her when she interviews.  Financials are generally not even looked at until the interview stage anyway.  I would not change anything now.  Do not use a co-sponsor if you meet the requirements unless you just barely meet them.  Manila rarely looks at the financials anyway.  If you need a co-sponsor use one.  If you don't, don't worry about adding one.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I would just make sure that your fiancee has the latest information with her when she interviews.  Financials are generally not even looked at until the interview stage anyway.  I would not change anything now.  Do not use a co-sponsor if you meet the requirements unless you just barely meet them.  Manila rarely looks at the financials anyway.  If you need a co-sponsor use one.  If you don't, don't worry about adding one.  

She will have the latest information for sure, she is aware and knows about my job as of right now. She will have the Affidavit of support as well which I believe has the information on it.

From what I remember the Income Requirement for a household size of 3 is 21,000. I make near $40,000. 

https://rapidvisa.com/income-requirements-for-fiance-k1-and-spousal-cr1-visas/

This is where I got the income requirement from. If this is correct, you would not use a co-sponsorship? Even though I have been working here for a month and a week?

2 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

She will have the latest information for sure, she is aware and knows about my job as of right now. She will have the Affidavit of support as well which I believe has the information on it.

From what I remember the Income Requirement for a household size of 3 is 21,000. I make near $40,000. 

https://rapidvisa.com/income-requirements-for-fiance-k1-and-spousal-cr1-visas/

This is where I got the income requirement from. If this is correct, you would not use a co-sponsorship? Even though I have been working here for a month and a week?

You might as well use $25,525.  That is what will be needed for AOS.  Either way you meet the requirement on your own.  You are correct, for the K-1 a household of 3 needs a minimum of $20,420.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

You might as well use $25,525.  That is what will be needed for AOS.  Either way you meet the requirement on your own.  You are correct, for the K-1 a household of 3 needs a minimum of $20,420.

Alright, thank you! To present my income with no tax history I have read that I will need a note from my employer, a months worth of pay stubs, is that it you think?

Just now, EliAnon said:

Alright, thank you! To present my income with no tax history I have read that I will need a note from my employer, a months worth of pay stubs, is that it you think?

Your latest tax return (which won't show much unless you file 2018 before the interview), 3 months of pay stubs and a letter from your company HR that shows your rate and start date.  Just have as much as you can have to show that your current income meets the standard.  They are not as concerned about the past but they may want to see your current earnings.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
44 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Question is, Should I contact and change my employment history with USCIS  :no:  if an option is available to do so? Or is it only relative to the interview in Manila? (I will have my parents co sponsoring as well just for peace of mind).  <<  No need with your current income

No need to contact USCIS regarding your employment change.    Your income information will be asked at the embassy for the interview .. that is where it matters.  ;)  

As for income requirements the only place to "get the facts" is from USCIS , and the document is the I-864P

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Also I see you noted 100% requirement for the K-1 by the embassy, that may be true at other embassies (don't know), but at USEM they want to see 125% with the K-1  so the minimum income  is $25,975.   Which your current income covers with ease.

Being you are a new employee you tax return will not confirm this.   You will need a letter from your employer, plus make copies of your pay stubs to send to your fiancee (beneficiary), along with the I-134 (original signature).

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
22 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

You might as well use $25,525   $25,975.  That is what will be needed for AOS.  Either way you meet the requirement on your own.  You are correct, for the K-1 a household of 3 needs a minimum of $20,420.

Current I-864P info:  https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Current I-864P info:  https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

I knew better!!!  Why did I quote something I saw on a Lawyers site?  I should have gone to the source.  I'm still learning.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

No need to contact USCIS regarding your employment change.    Your income information will be asked at the embassy for the interview .. that is where it matters.  ;)  

As for income requirements the only place to "get the facts" is from USCIS , and the document is the I-864P

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Also I see you noted 100% requirement for the K-1 by the embassy, that may be true at other embassies (don't know), but at USEM they want to see 125% with the K-1  so the minimum income  is $25,975.   Which your current income covers with ease.

Being you are a new employee you tax return will not confirm this.   You will need a letter from your employer, plus make copies of your pay stubs to send to your fiancee (beneficiary), along with the I-134 (original signature).

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! So I will do away with the co-sponsor for now. How many months of pay stubs should be satisfactory?

I am going down there in December, I really wanted to hand deliver it. 😕 Maybe she could print out my pay stubs after I email them to her?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Awesome! Thanks for the reply! So I will do away with the co-sponsor for now. How many months of pay stubs should be satisfactory?

I am going down there in December, I really wanted to hand deliver it. 😕 Maybe she could print out my pay stubs after I email them to her?

Bring the I-134 so she has an original.  The pay stubs you can email and she can print copies, same for the employer letter and tax return 

Like John mentioned, 3 months should be good, more will not hurt .. your decision

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Hank_ said:

Bring the I-134 so she has an original.  The pay stubs you can email and she can print copies.

Like John mentioned, 3 months should be good, more will not hurt .. your decision

Should not the most recent be sufficient because it not only shows the last pay period but also year to date info as well

YMMV

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Bring the I-134 so she has an original.  The pay stubs you can email and she can print copies, same for the employer letter and tax return 

Alright, So you still say get the tax return then even though it may not show much at all; if anything.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Alright, So you still say get the tax return then even though it may not show much at all; if anything.

Yes.  It is a listed required document.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yes.  It is a listed required document.

In your opinion would it be worth scheduling our interview for after I get a hold of my newest tax returns in February//March 2019? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.