Binaa

Embassy of Algeria

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mo&Ikram said:

Hi Binaa, my wife received the interview letter and the interview was scheduled for 12/12. I guess you should have received your interview letter as well. 

Thank you Janet3. 

Just to confirm, the consulate schedules the interview for you?  Is this before you pay Aramex for the interview and take  your medical exam?  Do you take the interview letter to Aramex so you can pay?

I thought we have to go on the consulate website to schedule the interview ourselves?  The Algeria portal has these instructions, so is it incorrect?

Packet 3 Contains: The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. You can learn more about fiancé(e) visas on usvisas.state.gov.
1. Once your file is received at post, an instruction package will be sent to you by email.
2.First you need to pay the visa fee at one of Aramex offices, and then you have to register and schedule a Kvisa appointment through the online appointment system at
www.ustraveldoc.com/dz.
3.Assemble the required documents that are listed on the instruction package.
4.Schedule a medical examination with the Embassy-approved physician in Algiers at least 15 days before yourvisa interview
5.If the visa is issued, your passport and documents will be available in approximately 7-10 business days at Aramex office that you already selected for pick up or delivery.
6.If the visa is refused, the Consular Officer will provideyou with further information.
ball.gif Issues Packet 4? Yes
ball.gif Packet 4 Contents (if known): Includes interview letter and instructions on what to bring with you to embassy
Edited by JuniorMints

04/10/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/12/18  - USCIS received I-129F 

04/17/18 -  NOA1 approval date on hardcopy

10/10/18 - NOA2 approval date on hardcopy

11/08/18 - NVC case received

11/09/18 - NVC case # 

11/27/18 - Left NVC  ✈️✈️

12/02/18 - Algiers consulate received

12/06/18 - READY

12/08/18 - Received Packet 3/4

12/12/18 - Medical  

01/14/19 -  Interview  (221g for extra doc, sent next day back to embassy, AP for 15 days)

01/30/19 - CEAC changed  to Non-Immigrant, email from Embassy said now approved

02/03/19  -  ISSUED - Visa in hand same day  :thumbs:

02/13/19 -  Arrived in US :goofy:

03/04/2019  -  Married  🤵👰❤️

04/16/2019  -  Sent AOS packet

05/22/2019. -  Bio fingerprints

06/25/2019. - Case ready for interview

09/23/2019. - EAD approved

09/27/2019  - EAD card received

10 minutes ago, JuniorMints said:

Just to confirm, the consulate schedules the interview for you?  Is this before you pay Aramex for the interview and take  your medical exam?  Do you take the interview letter to Aramex so you can pay?

I thought we have to go on the consulate website to schedule the interview ourselves?  The Algeria portal has these instructions, so is it incorrect?

Packet 3 Contains: The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. You can learn more about fiancé(e) visas on usvisas.state.gov.
1. Once your file is received at post, an instruction package will be sent to you by email.
2.First you need to pay the visa fee at one of Aramex offices, and then you have to register and schedule a Kvisa appointment through the online appointment system at
www.ustraveldoc.com/dz.
4.Schedule a medical examination with the Embassy-approved physician in Algiers at least 15 days before yourvisa interview
5.If the visa is issued, your passport and documents will be available in approximately 7-10 business days at Aramex office that you already selected for pick up or delivery.
6.If the visa is refused, the Consular Officer will provideyou with further information.
ball.gif Packet 4 Contents (if known): Includes interview letter and instructions on what to bring with you to embassy

I am not sure how this works for a K1 visa, but for a CR1/IR1 visa the NVC schedules the interview with the Embassy in Alger and sends you the Interview letter with the appointment date. In our case, Registration with Aramex is only for passport return after interview, and has nothing to do with interview scheduling. Maybe someone with a K1Visa case can better explain. Good luck! 

Timeline
Just now, Mo&Ikram said:

I am not sure how this works for a K1 visa, but for a CR1/IR1 visa the NVC schedules the interview with the Embassy in Alger and sends you the Interview letter with the appointment date. In our case, Registration with Aramex is only for passport return after interview, and has nothing to do with interview scheduling. Maybe someone with a K1Visa case can better explain. Good luck! 

Oh, thank you, i didn't realize you are doing CR1

11/09/18 - NVC case # 

12/06/18 - READY

12/12/18 - Medical  

01/14/19 -  Interview  (221g for extra doc, sent next day back to embassy, AP for 15 days)

Timeline
On 11/19/2018 at 10:28 PM, JuniorMints said:

www.ustraveldoc.com/dz.

For a K1 visa you go through a different process. My fiancé went through a different process to schedule an interview. It appears that CR1 interviews are scheduled through the consulate.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, janet3 said:

For a K1 visa you go through a different process. My fiancé went through a different process to schedule an interview. It appears that CR1 interviews are scheduled through the consulate.

Let me explain more.....my fiancé went through the process quoted by @JuniorMints (with ustraveldocs)......that is the process for the K1.

Obviously, the process is different for the

CR1

I apologize for the confusion of my last post. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, janet3 said:

Let me explain more.....my fiancé went through the process quoted by @JuniorMints (with ustraveldocs)......that is the process for the K1.

Obviously, the process is different for the

CR1

I apologize for the confusion of my last post. 

Thanks, my fiance went to Aramex in person to ask about the process and they explained it to him.  He's also going to ask the clinic how much time it takes to get the medical appointment, then how many days it takes to get the results before we try to schedule an interview date.

11/09/18 - NVC case # 

12/06/18 - READY

12/12/18 - Medical  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.