37 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, MrandMrsAlexander said:

What is the average time for approval after submitting RFE?

It really depends on what the RFE was for.  I have generally seen the approvals about 2 weeks after a successful RFE response.  There are no guarantees.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2018 said:

still waiting after 4 months

What was your RFE about?  Did you respond?  Ghana has a very high fraud rate so there will be a little extra scrutiny 

Also, you are not waiting on the RFE, they sent it one month after the NOA1.  You are still in the normal window for NOA2.  Without the RFE your earliest approval would probably be in December or January.  That is probably still the timeline you should expect.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

What was your RFE about?  Did you respond?  Ghana has a very high fraud rate so there will be a little extra scrutiny 

You were actually lucky to receive a RFE so soon because we received ours 8 months after noa1. They wanted  the actual marriage certificate not copy. I sent it back the same day I received it. 

6 minutes ago, MrandMrsAlexander said:

What!

They are apples to oranges.  They only filed in June and were most likely missing some initial evidence.  You are much closer to approval than they are.  I'll stick with my first response.  A couple weeks after successful RFE response is when you should hear something.  Any day now for you!

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, MrandMrsAlexander said:

You were actually lucky to receive a RFE so soon because we received ours 8 months after noa1. They wanted  the actual marriage certificate not copy. I sent it back the same day I received it. 

Theirs was a RFIE.  Their petition has not "officially" been reviewed yet.  They found an issue during preliminary look through.  Yours was after an adjudicator actually reviewed your file.  Generally the adjudicator puts those petitions aside.  Once they receive a successful response they simple issue the approval.

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, MrandMrsAlexander said:

I filed my K1 application. Still within my normal response time but my nerves have me all over looking and doubting myself.  Question...did i need to send my marriage certificate and divorce decree also for both me and my fiance? I only sent divorce decree.

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sabrina02 said:

I filed my K1 application. Still within my normal response time but my nerves have me all over looking and doubting myself.  Question...did i need to send my marriage certificate and divorce decree also for both me and my fiance? I only sent divorce decree.

If he’s divorced you needed to send it

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Theirs was a RFIE.  Their petition has not "officially" been reviewed yet.  They found an issue during preliminary look through.  Yours was after an adjudicator actually reviewed your file.  Generally the adjudicator puts those petitions aside.  Once they receive a successful response they simple issue the approval.

Mine did say “initial.”

4 minutes ago, MrandMrsAlexander said:

Mine did say “initial.”

That is slightly different than an RFE. The initial is asking for something that should have been included in the original petition. You are already 9 months in. They are actually looking at yours now. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
7 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That is slightly different than an RFE. The initial is asking for something that should have been included in the original petition. You are already 9 months in. They are actually looking at yours now. 

Thank you. I’m frustrated with the wait. The specifically state on the app “copy of marriage certificate “ then asked for the original. Maybe the copy looked fake because Guyana is still handwriting documents in 2018. 

1 minute ago, MrandMrsAlexander said:

Thank you. I’m frustrated with the wait. The specifically state on the app “copy of marriage certificate “ then asked for the original. Maybe the copy looked fake because Guyana is still handwriting documents in 2018. 

Ghana does get some extra scrutiny. Just stay positive and be patient. Every second that ticks by is one second closer!

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.