lolhahaha

Possible problem with scheduling Embassy appt. /website error

25 posts in this topic

We completed the DS160 today. Submitted it, made copies of everything including the application.

On UStraveldocs it says this after completing the 160:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visaapply.asp

Step 4
You are almost ready to schedule your visa appointment!

Now you will need to create a profile in our system. Follow this link and click on New User.

Complete all fields and create a password. Once you are in the system, you will see your dashboard. Click on Schedule Appointment on the left-hand side menu.

This will start the process for scheduling your appointment. You will need:

As you go through the process you will be able to select your visa type, enter personal data, add dependents, select your document delivery location, confirm visa payment and finally, schedule your appointment.

• Your passport number
    • The receipt number from your Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI) or BancNet receipt
    • The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page

So we clicked on new user and made a profile,  signed in to this profile, (there was no indication that a profile with this email address already existed) clicked on schedule appt and started filling everything out. Then after filling in  her first and last name, passport #, mvc#, priority#,  mailing address, phone# etc we tried to go to the next page but there was a popup. It said:

"Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "xxxxxxx@xxx.com ". If you created this profile in the past, you have the option to transfer your account to this previous one in order to avoid any inconveniences that may arise from having multiple accounts..

We never made a login or used that email address on that website before today.  This didn't make any sense but there was no other option and it kept kicking us back to the same popup when we clicked cancel. Then after clicking on OK it sent us to this page which makes no sense:

Attention: Please note, it is vital that you provide the valid and correct DS-160 confirmation number when you schedule an appointment. If the confirmation number is invalid or incorrectly entered, you will not be admitted to the interview and you will be required to book a new appointment. When applying as part of a family or group, make sure that each applicant has correctly provided their individual DS-160 confirmation number when scheduling their appointment.

Upload your Passport

Never anything about the BPI receipt # or about the barcode from the ds160 either. I scanned the passport bio page to the computer and uploaded it since this page asked for it. I have no idea why it is asking for the passport being uploaded though because the website says that they just need the passport #. Then after uploading the passport bio page the website said it was accepted and to wait for an email, there has been no email. Do we just wait? Why doesn't it say this on the website if this is how it goes?

Is there something wrong or are the instructions above just vague and make little sense? I expected to be required passport #, which I was, and then the receipt # from BPI and the ds160 barcode number all while filling this out but instead I was asked for the uploaded copy of passport and when I log out and go back in it's still going to the same upload your passport page as if I am just stuck there for no apparent reason. 

Edited by lolhahaha

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

We completed the DS160 today. Submitted it, made copies of everything including the application.

On UStraveldocs it says this after completing the 160:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visaapply.asp

Step 4
You are almost ready to schedule your visa appointment!

Now you will need to create a profile in our system. Follow this link and click on New User.

Complete all fields and create a password. Once you are in the system, you will see your dashboard. Click on Schedule Appointment on the left-hand side menu.

This will start the process for scheduling your appointment. You will need:

As you go through the process you will be able to select your visa type, enter personal data, add dependents, select your document delivery location, confirm visa payment and finally, schedule your appointment.

• Your passport number
    • The receipt number from your Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI) or BancNet receipt
    • The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page

So we clicked on new user and made a profile,  signed in to this profile, (there was no indication that a profile with this email address already existed) clicked on schedule appt and started filling everything out. Then after filling in  her first and last name, passport #, mvc#, priority#,  mailing address, phone# etc we tried to go to the next page but there was a popup. It said:

"Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "xxxxxxx@xxx.com ". If you created this profile in the past, you have the option to transfer your account to this previous one in order to avoid any inconveniences that may arise from having multiple accounts..

We never made a login or used that email address on that website before today.  This didn't make any sense but there was no other option and it kept kicking us back to the same popup when we clicked cancel. Then after clicking on OK it sent us to this page which makes no sense:

Attention: Please note, it is vital that you provide the valid and correct DS-160 confirmation number when you schedule an appointment. If the confirmation number is invalid or incorrectly entered, you will not be admitted to the interview and you will be required to book a new appointment. When applying as part of a family or group, make sure that each applicant has correctly provided their individual DS-160 confirmation number when scheduling their appointment.

Upload your Passport

Never anything about the BPI receipt # or about the barcode from the ds160 either. I scanned the passport bio page to the computer and uploaded it since this page asked for it. I have no idea why it is asking for the passport being uploaded though because the website says that they just need the passport #. Then after uploading the passport bio page the website said it was accepted and to wait for an email, there has been no email. Do we just wait? Why doesn't it say this on the website if this is how it goes?

Is there something wrong or are the instructions above just vague and make little sense? I expected to be required passport #, which I was, and then the receipt # from BPI and the ds160 barcode number all while filling this out but instead I was asked for the uploaded copy of passport and when I log out and go back in it's still going to the same upload your passport page as if I am just stuck there for no apparent reason. 

First issue I see is you went to the wrong section for setting up the profile (K-1 is processed as an IMMIGRANT visa).   You should have gone here:   http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Go the correct section, setup your profile, if you are still having issues with "email address" then you have two choices  1) contact the embassy to have your profile corrected,   2) Create a profile using a different email address.     (is it possible that email address was used before, maybe applying for a tourist visa?)  

You upload a passport photo at some point during the DS-160 completion.   

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/scheduling-interview.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Both links send you to the same website to create a profile after completing the ds160:

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Philippines

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Philippines

After you make your account and click on K1 visa it tells you that this is an Immigrant Visa and there is no other option either way so it is impossible to screw it up.

What ended up being the problem, I think, is that creating the profile automatically resets your password but I had already logged in using the password that it let me create the profile with, and it worked. Therefore after going through a couple pages it ended up locking me out., I guess. Then we get the email today with the new password. I never requested a new password so I think it's just automatic that they give you a new one when you make the account. It's either that or their is something wrong with their system.

We are trying to get the appt. scheduled right now but after i logged out and she tried to log in using her phone now it's locking us out and saying that the new password we just created is wrong. Hopefully it's just temporary.

After trying a few times and the page putting red asterisks next to info that we had already filled out correctly, we got through and are at the schedule appt page.

I see that due to Thanksgiving there aren't a lot of dates left in Nov and we wanted to go to Manila for medical on mon-tue and embassy on Thursday-Friday just in case medical took longer. Also we have to do the CFO thing there too.

So if the latest we can get is on a Wednesday is it OK to expect that the medical can get done on Monday-Tuesday? Or should we try to go do medical Thursday-Friday the previous week and schedule for Tuesday or Wednesday?

Timeline
1 hour ago, lolhahaha said:

After trying a few times and the page putting red asterisks next to info that we had already filled out correctly, we got through and are at the schedule appt page.

I see that due to Thanksgiving there aren't a lot of dates left in Nov and we wanted to go to Manila for medical on mon-tue and embassy on Thursday-Friday just in case medical took longer. Also we have to do the CFO thing there too.

So if the latest we can get is on a Wednesday is it OK to expect that the medical can get done on Monday-Tuesday? Or should we try to go do medical Thursday-Friday the previous week and schedule for Tuesday or Wednesday?

Glad you got the scheduling issue handled .. does seem very strange for sure.

There should be no issue completing the medical Mon-Tues then the interview Wed.   Many others have done close scheduling without issue now that you hand carry the medical file to the interview 

CFO has offices in CEBU, Davao, Clark along with Manila now if any of those others are closer.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

We went ahead and scheduled for the 28th of Nov.

We are here together so we are going to go to Manila (from Iloilo) on the previous Saturday to do some shopping in the city and get her suitcases and stuff like that. She doesn't want to use any of my suitcases which I've been piling up in our house here for the past couple years. I usually stay here for 6-8 months and then work in the US for 4 months and come back with more suitcases but this time we are just going to stay in the US for a few years if we are approved. No reason we shouldn't be but you never know with the government.

We will try to get the cfo done while there too after the Embassy on Wednesday and fly out on Thursday. Airfare here is so cheap that it's kind of ridiculous. It's about 24 dollars each way from here to Manila. Add an extra 6-7 dollars for an extra 20kilos of stuff.

Hopefully her mailing address is OK. It always worries me because there is no street, no number, nothing, just her name and brgy info so the postal people have to literally know where to find her. I guess it really is "more fun in the Philippines" though. haha.

Timeline
6 hours ago, lolhahaha said:

We went ahead and scheduled for the 28th of Nov.

We are here together so we are going to go to Manila (from Iloilo) on the previous Saturday to do some shopping in the city and get her suitcases and stuff like that. She doesn't want to use any of my suitcases which I've been piling up in our house here for the past couple years. I usually stay here for 6-8 months and then work in the US for 4 months and come back with more suitcases but this time we are just going to stay in the US for a few years if we are approved. No reason we shouldn't be but you never know with the government.

We will try to get the cfo done while there too after the Embassy on Wednesday and fly out on Thursday. Airfare here is so cheap that it's kind of ridiculous. It's about 24 dollars each way from here to Manila. Add an extra 6-7 dollars for an extra 20kilos of stuff.

Hopefully her mailing address is OK. It always worries me because there is no street, no number, nothing, just her name and brgy info so the postal people have to literally know where to find her. I guess it really is "more fun in the Philippines" though. haha.

Do make sure to schedule an appt with CFO to fit your timeline.   

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

That would be a tough delivery for 2GO with no physical address.  May want to look serious at pickup at a 2GO location.

With you being there 6-8 months of the year,  you could have gotten married and completed a Direct Consulate Filing (DCF) .. been done in about 60 days after filing.   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 11/7/2018 at 7:39 PM, lolhahaha said:

[...]

Hank_ said:

[...]

That would be a tough delivery for 2GO with no physical address.  May want to look serious at pickup at a 2GO location.

--------

I can't help with most of your questions..... But I had a similar experience with delivering my daughter's CRBA and US passport. They were, of course, sent from the embassy with courier 2GO. We live in a small town on Leyte, with absolutely no street address -- just the barangay/town/province. (No doubt, anybody in town could find us, that goes with the "foreigner" notoriety...)

The courier package eventually ended up at our house (!!) after "disappearing" from 2Go's system for about 4 weeks. The courier called first, and showed up on a motorcycle 2 hours later. We were ecstatic.

As long as 2Go has your phone number, you're probably OK with delivery to your house. I assume 2Go has a lot of experience with this. BUT -- I'm not gonna chance it again with embassy documents. The 4-week delay was maddening, especially since 2Go couldn't give us any status. As Hank suggests, I'll have documents delivered to a 2Go office in Ormoc (the closest "big city"), and pick 'em up there. Just make sure 2Go has your phone number.

Edited by HalfWayMark

• 2 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 11:14 PM, Hank_ said:

Glad you got the scheduling issue handled .. does seem very strange for sure.

There should be no issue completing the medical Mon-Tues then the interview Wed.   Many others have done close scheduling without issue now that you hand carry the medical file to the interview 

CFO has offices in CEBU, Davao, Clark along with Manila now if any of those others are closer.

I have the same problem. How did you set an appointment after receiving that "upload passport" thing? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, elaijah nel said:

I have the same problem. How did you set an appointment after receiving that "upload passport" thing? 

Upload passport?   Sounds like you are in the non-immigrant section .. K-1 is processed as an Immigrant visa.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I can't make another account because it matches the same info that I had with my first one. This is what happens afterwards. 

Upload your Passport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, elaijah nel said:

We had the same problem. We uploaded the passport photo then had to wait for an email with a new password they created for us. After that we were able to input the payment receipt number and schedule the interview. She uploaded the passport photo on Thursday and she got the email Monday morning, this was all for immigrant visa.

Edited by KnJ24

Timeline
1 hour ago, elaijah nel said:

I can't make another account because it matches the same info that I had with my first one. This is what happens afterwards. 

Upload your Passport

Looks like you are still choosing NON-immigrant from the drop down window instead of Immigrant

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.