Biby M

October File Rejected due to incorrect date

18 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone

I hope all goes well with everybody, I am here seeking for some help and peace of mind, my due date to remove the conditions was October 25th, 2018. I did put together all the evidence and mailed my packet on October 18th, they received it on the 22nd. In the form I signed it with October 22nd date.

On November 1st I found my packet in the mail with my money orders, and a letter that said it was rejected because I filed prior to my due date, I had to verify the information and re-submit the form. 

I re sign my forms and re-send the packet on the 2nd, however I resubmitted the same paperwork that was returned to me, at the bottom of each page it had a stamp date, I called the 1-800 number that was in the letter and asked them if I could do this which they answer yes.

They have received my packet in Texas today November 5th. 

Does anybody knows how long is it going to take for me to receive an answer from USCIS???

I am in panic mode and all stressed out about it.

Any answer will be really appreciated. 

Yeah they're pretty strict on the 90-day window thing. If they receive it even a day early, they'll just send it right back. Lately it looks like they are taking a while to send receipt notices for I-751. A lot of people have said they had to wait up to a whole month. 

Nothing to panic about as long as you redid the forms and signed them with a more recent date. 

There is no such think as a due date, by that I'm guessing you are referring to the 90 days prior to the expiration date on your card.   

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Just now, Jo Së said:

Nothing to panic about as long as you redid the forms and signed them with a more recent date. 

There is no such think as a due date, by that I'm guessing you are referring to the 90 days prior to the expiration date on your card.   

Correct, I am referring to the window time.

And yes, that is what I did, I signed them with November 2nd date. My biggest question is that all the paperwork (evidence) was already stamped with the October date (rejected)

Thanks for your answer.

9 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Yeah they're pretty strict on the 90-day window thing. If they receive it even a day early, they'll just send it right back. Lately it looks like they are taking a while to send receipt notices for I-751. A lot of people have said they had to wait up to a whole month. 

I can't believe 2 days could make a big difference, I did panic when I saw the word "REJECTED", my world just fell into my feet, then I read that I could re-submit after correcting what was noted to me.

Thanks for your answer, I can't wait to be over with this super stressful journey.

I started back on August 2015 with my I-130 and ever since it's just one thing after another....

God bless you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Biby M said:

I can't believe 2 days could make a big difference,

What is so hard to believe?  90 days means........90 days....period......By law, they can not accept forms before the window opens......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

First rule of ROC is never tell anyone, especially the government, about your ROC application until 90 days before expiration of your GC.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Biby M said:

Why is that?

Sorry about that. Just paraphrasing as a joke from a popular movie. Basically, the government doesn't want to see your application even 1 day before the 90 days prior to expiration, just as others have said above.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

It's weird that they rejected your file 1 day before your 90 days window. 

I remember receiving a reminder notice from the USCIS to remove the conditions on my residency giving me 120 days instead of 90 days. So I had an extra month prior to the 90 days window to file my application. I was little confused and happy in the same time. But I waited til the 2 last weeks remaining to send my file, just to add more evidences. 

Just now, Malauriea said:

I remember receiving a reminder notice from the USCIS to remove the conditions on my residency giving me 120 days instead of 90 days. So I had an extra month prior to the 90 days window to file my application. I was little confused and happy in the same time. But I waited til the 2 last weeks remaining to send my file, just to add more evidences. 

I thought the same, however the letter didn’t say nothing different but that I filed prior my 90 day window, no asking for any other evidence or anything else, I hope everything goes well... really this has been a nightmare for me 😔

48 minutes ago, Russ&Caro said:

Sorry about that. Just paraphrasing as a joke from a popular movie. Basically, the government doesn't want to see your application even 1 day before the 90 days prior to expiration, just as others have said above.

Not a problem, it just scared me a little bit lol

1 minute ago, Biby M said:

I thought the same, however the letter didn’t say nothing different but that I filed prior my 90 day window, no asking for any other evidence or anything else, I hope everything goes well... really this has been a nightmare for me 😔

You should check this thread to get more support and references: people who filed in October 2018 share their experiences.

6 minutes ago, Biby M said:

Not a problem, it just scared me a little bit lol

Here is the thread for November 2018 filers: 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Malauriea said:

The reminder letters from USCIS that I have seen from other posters didn't give them a larger window.  It only reminded them that their 90 day window was approaching.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

34 minutes ago, missileman said:

The reminder letters from USCIS that I have seen from other posters didn't give them a larger window.  It only reminded them that their 90 day window was approaching.......

I know,  that's why I was confused. It really gave me 120 days!!!! I still have it and looking at it: "...120 days..."", nowhere it says 90 days. But I'm always used to send things last minute. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.