24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Can someone please give me an idea if the time frame I have is normal for my package at NVC? Our application was approved October 15, 2018. As of today, I have not yet heard from the NVC or had a new case number assigned. My fiancee is very concerned that something has gone wrong or that it has been lost. I am trying to figure out if this is a normal time frame. I know they say it could take up to six weeks for NVC to receive the application and another eight weeks for them to process it, but to me that seems excessive. Is there any way I can check to see if it has been sent?  I just need to have some anxiety alleviated. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Can someone please give me an idea if the time frame I have is normal for my package at NVC? Our application was approved October 15, 2018. As of today, I have not yet heard from the NVC or had a new case number assigned. My fiancee is very concerned that something has gone wrong or that it has been lost. I am trying to figure out if this is a normal time frame. I know they say it could take up to six weeks for NVC to receive the application and another eight weeks for them to process it, but to me that seems excessive. Is there any way I can check to see if it has been sent?  I just need to have some anxiety alleviated. 

Go to this thread. Those are October 2018 Approvals K1 visa and NVC....I suggest you make the question again over there. Success!

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/685632-october-2018-k-1-noa2-nvc/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scott Rusticus said:

on a K-1 you do not have any contact with NVC, its a stop over point from what I remember, once NVC gets it they forward it to the embassy the interview will take place.

its been years since I did K-1, but I don't believe you get a case # from them unless is a spouse visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scott Rusticus said:

i know you can look on your country's time processing.  Also if you do view similar timelines to your profile you can see others close to your time and see the time  it took them to move through the stages.  Also, they in this same forum  after receiving you NOA2 to start calling after 2 weeks.  take a look. 

May 2018 NO2 ----> NVC - K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and ...

Edited by Sabrina02
adding

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

our was received on oct 15 and still no case number for ircr1.  they said it may take up to december 15... keep calling aslo start prepraing for next stage

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

on a K-1 you do not have any contact with NVC, its a stop over point from what I remember, once NVC gets it they forward it to the embassy the interview will take place.

its been years since I did K-1, but I don't believe you get a case # from them unless is a spouse visa.

Every one gets a embassy assigned case number when the petition passes through nvc

YMMV

Timeline
11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Every one gets a embassy assigned case number when the petition passes through nvc

This was told to me...

After NOA2 you wait for the NVC to issue a case number for your petition. You can start calling the NVC about 2 weeks after your NOA2 date to see if they have generated a case number. Once you have the case number, you can track where the case is (at NVC, in transit, or at the embassy). Once the case arrives at your embassy or consulate, you can fill out the DS-160 form online and prepare to schedule the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Sabrina02 said:

This was told to me...

After NOA2 you wait for the NVC to issue a case number for your petition. You can start calling the NVC about 2 weeks after your NOA2 date to see if they have generated a case number. Once you have the case number, you can track where the case is (at NVC, in transit, or at the embassy). Once the case arrives at your embassy or consulate, you can fill out the DS-160 form online and prepare to schedule the interview.

2 hours ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Am Oct 9th and I dont have my case number yet

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, amy1411 said:

Your petition could still be in a pile at nvc or in the next tranche that is en-route 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Your petition could still be in a pile at nvc or in the next tranche that is en-route 

I hope so, am not surprise it took 294 days for me to receive my NOA2 .lol

Am used to the waiting.lol

2 hours ago, Khallaf said:

Actually the K-1 can get a case number and with it some Embassies allow the applicant to pay their interview fee, complete the DS-160, arrange and complete the medical and schedule the interview all before the case is set to "ready". Now some will not let you and others are changing their procedures. It's best that the OP contact their embassy before proceeding as moving faster then allowed can put one in a predicament and delay.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, amy1411 said:

There is some information on what you can do at this moment in time. Read the first post here

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Actually the K-1 can get a case number and with it some Embassies allow the applicant to pay their interview fee, complete the DS-160, arrange and complete the medical and schedule the interview all before the case is set to "ready". Now some will not let you and others are changing their procedures. It's best that the OP contact their embassy before proceeding as moving faster then allowed can put one in a predicament and delay.

@greenbaum is that the case with Jamaica? i read all of what you pointed out but did not see that for Jamaica.. I did see others who moved quite quickly and asked but no specific response such as the wisdom and details you always share.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.