SergeV

K1 Process Taking Forever - Need Advice

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello, Fellow Visa Journey Members!

We filed on Oct 15, 2017. Case in CA Service Center. Nothing happened in 7 months (May 2018). In June, after I called and complained, got a letter stating that the case is pending security checks. Been calling several times through summer - the same story. In October, got a a letter with different term "pending adjudication". Does it mean that security check is done? Are we getting close? Has anyone experienced this? Anything we can do at this point? Any advice or word of encouragement will be appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
24 minutes ago, SergeV said:

Hello, Fellow Visa Journey Members!

We filed on Oct 15, 2017. Case in CA Service Center. Nothing happened in 7 months (May 2018). In June, after I called and complained, got a letter stating that the case is pending security checks. Been calling several times through summer - the same story. In October, got a a letter with different term "pending adjudication". Does it mean that security check is done? Are we getting close? Has anyone experienced this? Anything we can do at this point? Any advice or word of encouragement will be appreciated.

We have not been through this, but based on the letter you just got it looks like a decision will be made soon.  Hang in there and much love!

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Security checks can be complex and sometimes get held up do to common name or someone else with same name triggers the checks. It happens; but should definately be nearing a decision it sounds like.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Have you gotten your senator involved?  They can really be of help to get information and speed USCIS up when the wait is unnecessary. 

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Привет))))

Just FYI K1 is taking a long time right now. We got our interview finally in March, but it was almost a year from the time we got our NOA1. Contact your senator and/or rep, they usually have a special category on their contact forms just for this. They can move things along sometimes (it's really in their interest, mine put in a word and unless she does something really bad, she's got my vote forever!)

The other day I randomly met an immigration lawyer at the doctor's office and we got to discussing K1s. She said they're just taking an extremely long time compared to 2 or 3 years ago 😕 Don't worry, it's not you! 

I'm going through the same but for CR1, PD Oct 10, 2017. And they keep saying they had to do more processing on my case and now the past to months they have been saying my case is pending adjudication. And I'm still waiting. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We waited 14 months for NOA2. They kept telling us that security checks were pending. We contacted our congresswoman also and they didn’t get anywhere either. We ended up suing USCIS ultimately and finally got an RFE for an unchecked box. Still doesn’t explain why we waited so long. Ours is definitely the extreme case and hopefully you will have an answer soon! 

Edited by KBA

~~Moved to progress reports from process and procedures.  Topic is not asking about the K1 process~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Best thing to do is just wait. Unless you are significantly past normal processing times all your calling and writing is just using up USCIS resources.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

Best thing to do is just wait. Unless you are significantly past normal processing times all your calling and writing is just using up USCIS resources.

While I don't think filing an inquiry the day you're officially outside normal processing times accomplishes very much, the OP filed in October of 2017. They're well outside normal processing times at this point.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 minute ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

While I don't think filing an inquiry the day you're officially outside normal processing times accomplishes very much, the OP filed in October of 2017. They're well outside normal processing times at this point.

I'm sorry, you are right. I had May 2018 in my mind as their filing date. Definitely time to reach out to a senator.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

AS the above KBA states  Senator is really not able to do anything

he/ she can make an inquiry and give you the same answers immigration is now telling u

Senate is suppose to make the immigraiton laws but as we see now,,  they do nothing to amend the laws

however, they are not in control of what immigraiton does as it works without federal funds 

the immigration budget is funded by our fees

now,  all applications are taking longer mostly because of the increase in every type of application

6,000,000 in 2016 and now the site says over 7,000,000

in 2009 a K1 took 5 months from NOA1 to interview /  now 9 to 12 to 14 months

the additional security checks at the NOA1 stage is on the applicant 

could mean the name is similar to one on a watch list

'

what is needed now is a lot of patience and if u can't have patience at this stage ,  the AOS and next steps will really drive u crazy

20 hours ago, KBA said:

We waited 14 months for NOA2. They kept telling us that security checks were pending. We contacted our congresswoman also and they didn’t get anywhere either. We ended up suing USCIS ultimately and finally got an RFE for an unchecked box. Still doesn’t explain why we waited so long. Ours is definitely the extreme case and hopefully you will have an answer soon! 

Hi KBA! How long did take for them to reply to your rfe? Thanks mate!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.