Justjake

Tourist visa to K-1 visa with a lie

294 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MikeMc said:

Can I ask, who she was trying to come here to visit for 4 times?

Did the Agency she used on the 4th recommend to her to check the married box on the application?

I'm just asking cause if she reaches the interview stage, she better have a good reason for the constant attempts, and it does help a lot that she didn't over stay, which was likely the reason for the first 3 denials.

The agency recommended that she check the married box, and they even put in a mans name, which is what is concerning to me, but she did sign it which admits to facilitating the fraud.

Her reasons for coming here were to learn about US business policies as her previous employer had a bunch of US company partnerships.

Getting married February 2019 prior to filing I-130

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Justjake said:

The agency recommended that she check the married box, and they even put in a mans name, which is what is concerning to me, but she did sign it which admits to facilitating the fraud.

Her reasons for coming here were to learn about US business policies as her previous employer had a bunch of US company partnerships.

Facilitating fraud?  That appears to be committing fraud, imo.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

More time spending in person is the best way to proof your relationship is real. Just curious, I know that you guys meet during that 6 months. When did you propose? Is it during that time too? 

I'm really sorry to say this. However, how can you be sure she is with you with a right intention. I'm not judging her. Everyone make mistake. But, there is lots of people who willing to do anything they can to come and live at States (including pretending they are in love). You don't have to answer this question here. You can answer it by yourself and if you are really sure she is the one. Proceed with the Visa process.

thanks perfect.. 

We have discussed marriage, and I was going to officially propose during my visit out there.  I get what you are saying about pretending to be in love, and I am aware that this could be a possible sham, I by no means necessary have rose-tinted glasses on, I'm pragmatic in a sense. For whatever it's worth, the way that our relationship developed, I believe it to be authentic, and ultimately time will tell, but I understand the concern, as friends and family voiced the same concern.  Those that met her later had no concern, if that means anything.

1 minute ago, missileman said:

Facilitating fraud?  That appears to be committing fraud, imo.......

I agree with your wording, thank you for the correction.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Justjake said:

thanks perfect.. 

We have discussed marriage, and I was going to officially propose during my visit out there.  I get what you are saying about pretending to be in love, and I am aware that this could be a possible sham, I by no means necessary have rose-tinted glasses on, I'm pragmatic in a sense. For whatever it's worth, the way that our relationship developed, I believe it to be authentic, and ultimately time will tell, but I understand the concern, as friends and family voiced the same concern.  Those that met her later had no concern, if that means anything.

Good luck with your Visa journey! 😊

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post for TOS Violation and 4 others that quoted said post.  Any further similar posts will result in suspension.~~

~Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Question:

You are all talking about getting stuck at the interview, but how is the K1 petition going to go past the initial USCIS check? Aren't they suppose to check if both parties are free to marry?

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have k-1, 

1. Do not believe to the ppl who tells you to "not marry to the liar"- they are crazy ppl. There are some countries which that ppl will never understand. After Trump started to be here is a really difficult to get a visa for some ppl. And if she got a visa with changing only status she is in a good shape and for sure has good basic in life.Where is she from?

2. Its really strange to measure a woman by visa history, I am sure you are a smart man and will see if she deserves all hard way for immigration visa.

3. I recommend you  to make spouse visa (it may have AP but still have more chances), to say only truth in the interview, to use lawyer for to make perfect documents for applying the visa  -you will have a document about "changing sername" where will be information about she was never married -at least it makes sense in this situation. And remember that misrepresentation is the worst way.  It may happen that you will be in AP and they will decide about agree or not and will give only 221g. 

4. I think the best way here is to say as it is- that you said not truth because of agency. Situation is a veeeeeery common here in my country for example. There are thousand of ppl who used agencies here and then had problems. When I was at the embassy they said it directly. 

5. I wish your fiancee to be strong and to be ready that from the interview she has to remember all details which she wrote in ds-160 for tourist visa. Its a very important. They may check everything from her past.

Good luck to you, and remember -life is only one , and "right" person may be found only once in life.

Edited by YulenkaF

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

This is inaccurate. It has ALWAYS been difficult for people from certain countries for a reason. People really need to stop with Trump this, Trump that, when most of the things they try to blame him for have been the same for years or decades even. Stop watching CNN, MSNBC, ect, or reading the the sob liberal media articles.

if I will call it with another words reason will not changed: there are some ppl who get visas harder, there are some cases which are not easy, there are some ppl who are not perfect, there are some situations in life which you can not predict... choose what you like more...😀 but Trumps version I like the most, because for sure will understand what I mean.. Is it a new thing that Trump has a strategy to minimise immigrants? I guess no. But this topic for luckiness is not about  this...

Edited by YulenkaF

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

I love you both, but can we please not get into another Trump argument? I notices it kills a topic faster than a wet fart. 

No no, don't worry, not trying to or going too. Way too tired today for that.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

No no, don't worry, not trying to or going too. Way too tired today for that.

agreed. Sorry about you tired..

Edited by YulenkaF

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, YulenkaF said:

agreed. Sorry about you tired..

Appreciate it, it's more from being hung over all day at work haha.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.