JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 11/4/2018 at 8:07 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

You would have to prove extreme financial hardship as the reason that you would be requesting an expedite on those grounds. 

Empty bank accounts and proof of bills piling up would be required evidence I'm sure.

I am going to give it a shot. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We received our receipts in the mail today---:) Waiting on Biometrics appointment letter next. Going to attempt to expedite EAD--giving it a shot.

My husband just got his SS card today, which is pretty much all we were waiting on even though it shows as an optional addition on all the forms. We're planning to file AOS, EAD, and AP all at once this weekend. Since our local office is the one in Kansas City we're quite hopeful that this will be rather painless and quick. I saw a positive review of the KC office a few weeks ago and when I checked their timeline they had filed this summer and it took them 72 days from sending in the paperwork to approval! (Look at that, I just jinxed myself and it's going to be nothing but pain and torture).

Here's what we are planning on submitting. I thought it might be a nice list to post in case someone else is completely clueless of what to send; and you all think we may need something else let me know because much like everyone else here, I don't wanna screw this up 😉

AOS:

- Payment

- Form G 1145

- Form I 485

- Copy of I 797

- Photocopy of Certified Marriage Certificate (with paper saying an original can be provided upon request)

- Copy of birth certificate of my husband's

- Copy of biographical page of passport of my husband's

- Copy of K1 Visa page

- Copy of I 94, front and back

- Two 2"x2" passport style photos with husband's A# on back

- Copy of DS 3025 Vaccination Records

- Form I 864

- Copies of three most recent pay stubs

- Copies of IRS tax transcripts for past three fiscal years

- Copy of biographical page of passport of mine

- Copy of birth certificate of mine (front and back)

EAD:

- From G1145

- Form I 765

- Copy of K1 Visa page

- Photocopy of Certified Marriage Certificate (with paper saying an original can be provided upon request)

AP:

- From G1145

- Form I 131

- Copy of K1 Visa page

1 hour ago, rrobin0609 said:

My husband just got his SS card today, which is pretty much all we were waiting on even though it shows as an optional addition on all the forms. We're planning to file AOS, EAD, and AP all at once this weekend. Since our local office is the one in Kansas City we're quite hopeful that this will be rather painless and quick. I saw a positive review of the KC office a few weeks ago and when I checked their timeline they had filed this summer and it took them 72 days from sending in the paperwork to approval! (Look at that, I just jinxed myself and it's going to be nothing but pain and torture).

Here's what we are planning on submitting. I thought it might be a nice list to post in case someone else is completely clueless of what to send; and you all think we may need something else let me know because much like everyone else here, I don't wanna screw this up 😉

AOS:

-A cover letter for AOS/I864 

- Payment

- Form G 1145

- Form I 485

- Copy of I 797

- Copy of birth certificate of my husband's

- Copy of K1 Visa page

- Copy of DS 3025 Vaccination Records

-A cover letter for the I864

-Form I 864

-a Verification of Employment letter from Employer on company letterhead stating annual earnings, how long employed and whether full time or part time (this one isn't being extra. I believe it's important to prove current income beyond the paystubs because it shows how long you have been employed).

- Copies of three most recent pay stubs (6 months worth for me, I've seen a few ppl get RFE's for less)

- Copies of IRS tax transcripts for past three fiscal years

- Copy of biographical page of passport of mine

- Copy of birth certificate of mine (front and back)

EAD:

-A Cover letter for the I1765 (I think this is important as this gets sent to a different Service Center than AOS)

- From G1145

- Form I 765

- Copy of K1 Visa page

-Copy of I797 NOA2 Approval Notice for K1 petition

AP:

-A Cover letter for the I131 (Same reason as above)

- From G1145

- Form I 131

- Copy of K1 Visa page

-Copy of I797 NOA2 Approval Notice for K1 petition 

The only things extra I sent (and I may be overzealous) are listed above.

You did good! This will help others for sure!

27 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
22 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Did you put the chicago lockbox address on all 3 cover letters?

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

11 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

Did you put the chicago lockbox address on all 3 cover letters?

Absolutely. My reasoning is Chicago will get them first before they are shipped off to the NBC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I asked for a expedite advance parole and this is what they answered me:

The status of this service request is:

Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need. 

Does that mean they just denied it?

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

19 minutes ago, Gibus said:

I asked for a expedite advance parole and this is what they answered me:

The status of this service request is:

Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need. 

Does that mean they just denied it?

Unfortunately it sounds so.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Unfortunately it sounds so.

So frustrating... They didn't even asked for evidence, even it's not an extreme emergent need, dead still be dead, but damn I just wanted to have a little ceremony for my sister with my parents December. First expedite request dismissed with my application rejection, and now this, I'm so done with them...

K-1 Visa

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We received a text saying our pkg was received (i-797). We paid via credit card and this is still pending on his account.  My question is how do you know you have an RFE?  Will we know by text or will we have to wait for the letter?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

We received a text saying our pkg was received (i-797). We paid via credit card and this is still pending on his account.  My question is how do you know you have an RFE?  Will we know by text or will we have to wait for the letter?

Usually your case status tells you that you have a RFE before getting the letter, but the case status aren't always updated. The payment might take a couple more day before being cashed after getting the text message. For me it was the next day after the messages.

K-1 Visa

AOS/EAD/AP:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Gibus said:

Usually your case status tells you that you have a RFE before getting the letter, but the case status aren't always updated. The payment might take a couple more day before being cashed after getting the text message. For me it was the next day after the messages.

Would they indicate in the initial text message after receiving the package if we have an RFE?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

Would they indicate in the initial text message after receiving the package if we have an RFE?

No it would come later if you have one.

K-1 Visa

AOS/EAD/AP:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.