JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, redcat56 said:

Jumping in with you all---I filed late October 26th and we just received our received text notifcations but not hard copies of the letters .

The only thing that is driving us crazy is my husband cannot drive. I run my own business and he is working in my business with me---and I am having to be taxi driver. I know it is not a job offer--but do you think this would qualify for expedited status? 

Personally, I would be very careful with having him *working* in your business.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

For the marriage cert, you should be using certified copies, not photocopies.  Ours have a wet signature from the county clerk, and certified copies are only $3 each.  

I have seen multiple members sending in photocopies of original certified copies. I did request for multiple but didn't think that was needed when the requirements are stating copies of EVERY original document. 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Since the new medical policy took effect November 1,  For those who have completed their vaccination sheet, are you submitting DS-3025 or i-693?!?

let me note that I DON'T have a lawyer.....BUT I asked an immigration lawyer who gave me free advise and told me to submit the i-693 form(just to transcribe the vaccination), even though my vaccination is completed.  I really don't want to end up with an RFE. can someone please confirm this info, anyone asked a lawyer?

I was also informed if I fill out the i-693, a flu shot will have to be added due to having an updated medical date. Our original medical was September 4(non flu season)

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

4 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

I have seen multiple members sending in photocopies of original certified copies. I did request for multiple but didn't think that was needed when the requirements are stating copies of EVERY original document. 

You can always try it.  I just figure at $3 a pop, it is worth it.  We ordered about ten of them as I also need the certified copies to do my name change for SSN, passport, driver's license, etc.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
55 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

I personally feel like I'm experiencing deja vu with the I-129F. I have spent probably a good week so far gathering the appropriate documents, necessary copies, and reading through all of the differently worded questions within the applications. 

I would start it as soon as you can! I think my application will at least be 100 pages combined 😤 I hope to have it sent this week and we are  2 months after POE.

Thanks for confirming my fears! 129F dejavu is not something I wanted to hear. Let me get into it then. Thanks for starting the thread!

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

Since the new medical policy took effect November 1,  For those who have completed their vaccination sheet, are you submitting DS-3025 or i-693?!?

let me note that I DON'T have a lawyer.....BUT I asked an immigration lawyer who gave me free advise and told me to submit the i-693 form(just to transcribe the vaccination), even though my vaccination is completed.  I really don't want to end up with an RFE. can someone please confirm this info, anyone asked a lawyer?

I was also informed if I fill out the i-693, a flu shot will have to be added due to having an updated medical date. Our original medical was September 4(non flu season)

I don't think it changes anything for the K-1 AOS. If your medical examination overseas has been done within a year and you completed all the vaccination requirements, you still just need to put your vaccination sheet and not an I-693.

Edited by Gibus

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

For the marriage cert, you should be using certified copies, not photocopies.  Ours have a wet signature from the county clerk, and certified copies are only $3 each.  

The instructions do not state that you must send certified copies at all. "Should" is a threatening term here. "I sent..." or "In my opinion...", sure but no where in the instructions does it state you need to send an original certified copy. Photocopies are fine for application. Save the original for the interview. 

1 hour ago, Lebanese23 said:

Just a photocopy of your DS3025 will suffice.

That lawyer must be married to a US Civil Surgeon who wants to steal your money too.

A I693 transcribed (vaccines only) OR full medical is not needed if your foreign medical exam start date was within one year of your NOA1 AOS received date provided all of your tests were in the clear and you satisfied the vaccination requirements IN THE MONTH you had your medical done.

If you completed your medical in non flu season it does not matter if you file for AOS IN FLU SEASON or if your interview is IN FLU SEASON either.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

lol i figured that much. I think she was just saying it for precaution to save her ###.  Just to be clear, I am applying November 2018 and let's say green card interview is past a year, Dec 2019, I don't need to worry about renewing any medical because I still filed within a year?

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

15 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

lol i figured that much. I think she was just saying it for precaution to save her ###.  Just to be clear, I am applying November 2018 and let's say green card interview is past a year, Dec 2019, I don't need to worry about renewing any medical because I still filed within a year?

Yes that is correct. It states all of this in Volume 8 of the USCIS Policy Manual which is the rules that the IOs follow. You can take a looksy:

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8.html

The only thing that I have ever seen supercede that is if an IO requests a new medical AFTER the interview but that would just be because of ignorance. 

Again I have read about it rarely BUT as you know, when ppl post in here they often leave out important details which could have lead to an IO requesting a new medical exam and I693.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
10 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes that is correct. It states all of this in Volume 8 of the USCIS Policy Manual which is the rules that the IOs follow. You can take a looksy:

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8.html

The only thing that I have ever seen supercede that is if an IO requests a new medical AFTER the interview but that would just be because of ignorance. 

Again I have read about it rarely BUT as you know, when ppl post in here they often leave out important details which could have lead to an IO requesting a new medical exam and I693.

Hopefully by then, the IO will fully understand the new policy and not give anyone a hard time about it.  let's just hope we have a smooth process from here on out (hopeful thinking:whistle:)

35 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

Hopefully by then, the IO will fully understand the new policy and not give anyone a hard time about it.  let's just hope we have a smooth process from here on out (hopeful thinking:whistle:)

New policy, old policy. It's all the same. The K1 is still exempt from redoing the medical/submitting an I693. That exemption did not change on Nov 1st and was the same before and now.

Dont stress. Just photocopy that DS3025, keep the original for yourself and submit that with your I-485. All good!

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Text message with case numbers received last night, now waiting for the hard copies.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

New policy, old policy. It's all the same. The K1 is still exempt from redoing the medical/submitting an I693. That exemption did not change on Nov 1st and was the same before and now.

Dont stress. Just photocopy that DS3025, keep the original for yourself and submit that with your I-485. All good!

Thanks for clarifying this. I was looking for this confirmation too. I was only given page 1 of the DS3025 , would you know if that is sufficient or do I need to somehow get the page 2 as well? Thanks a ton. 

N400 filed: Aug 16 2016

N400 approved: Oct 16 2017 (14 months!)

K1 for fiance filed: Oct 19 2017

Just now, N400fiasco said:

Thanks for clarifying this. I was looking for this confirmation too. I was only given page 1 of the DS3025 , would you know if that is sufficient or do I need to somehow get the page 2 as well? Thanks a ton. 

Yes you need both. Call your overseas PP and see if they will scan a copy and email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.