JMCKNG

November 2018 AOS Filers

3,118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gem&Corey said:

Correct, I had it September 20th this year! 

Do you have your vaccination sheet with the mention "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements" on the left bottom of the page?

If yes you don't need a new examination.

Sometimes before or during the interview they ask you for a new one, but doing another examination if they don't explicitly request one is a waist of money to me!

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

How long did it take for you all to get your biometrics appointment letter? We sent our AOS 11-19 received NOAs/text around 10 days after but still haven't received the biometrics letter. Now it is almost 3 weeks since we filed. I know that typically is scheduled pretty quickly so the sooner we can be aware of where we need to go the better so we can continue the waiting game ha.

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

3 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

How long did it take for you all to get your biometrics appointment letter? We sent our AOS 11-19 received NOAs/text around 10 days after but still haven't received the biometrics letter. Now it is almost 3 weeks since we filed. I know that typically is scheduled pretty quickly so the sooner we can be aware of where we need to go the better so we can continue the waiting game ha.

My husband's biometrics appointment was for 25 days after filing, and I believe the appointment letter came the previous week, ~9 days earlier.

Edited by Jorgedig

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@JMCKNG I sent my package Nov 6, got my text notification Nov 18, got the NOA in the mail Nov 23; Nov 26 I got my biometrics appointment. Dec 4 I had my biometrics.

4 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

It's probably a holiday staffing issue as usually it takes a month from AOS submission to the actual bio appt. Dont start worrying yet.

Guys, our cheque was encashed today but I still didn't received any text/notifications. Hoping to receive the receipt notifs and NOA1s in a few days. 🙏🙏🙏

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

On 12/6/2018 at 2:09 PM, JMCKNG said:

Hello! I wanted to let you know we have around the same timeline! 👍🏼 Today we JUST received the letter for the biometric appointment that is set for December 19.. I’m hopeful yours will come soon too! 

Timeline
On 12/8/2018 at 1:48 AM, Soul Mate said:

Hello! I wanted to let you know we have around the same timeline! 👍🏼 Today we JUST received the letter for the biometric appointment that is set for December 19.. I’m hopeful yours will come soon too! 

Funny you say that! We received the letter the same day as you!! We have our fingerprint appointment 12/19 so exactly since we mailed out our package. Are you the USC, if so, will you be going with?

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Timeline

For those that have had their fingerprint appointment? As the USC, did you go with your spouse to that appointment? What was all entailed? From the looks of it, it looks like it's just a fingerprint and then off to the waiting game again.

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

3 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

For those that have had their fingerprint appointment? As the USC, did you go with your spouse to that appointment? What was all entailed? From the looks of it, it looks like it's just a fingerprint and then off to the waiting game again.

My husband did but it wasnt necessary.

You wait in a line.

Fill out a form.

Wait in line to speak to a receptionist who intakes you.

Then wait in line again to have your prints and photos done.

Prints and photos < 3 mins

All the Waiting < 1 hour+

ATL, GA

5 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

Funny you say that! We received the letter the same day as you!! We have our fingerprint appointment 12/19 so exactly since we mailed out our package. Are you the USC, if so, will you be going with?

I’m so happy to hear! 👍🏼 I’m the beneficiary and my husband is the USC. I actually was able take my chances and go get my biometrics done today. Just walked in at 11:15am and not one single person was there. I went by myself. I also went to a different location then stated in the letter. As soon as I walked in I was asked if I had an appointment and I answered no and she smiled and said okay and handed me paper work to fill out. I was in and out 10 mins. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Soul Mate said:

I’m so happy to hear! 👍🏼 I’m the beneficiary and my husband is the USC. I actually was able take my chances and go get my biometrics done today. Just walked in at 11:15am and not one single person was there. I went by myself. I also went to a different location then stated in the letter. As soon as I walked in I was asked if I had an appointment and I answered no and she smiled and said okay and handed me paper work to fill out. I was in and out 10 mins. 

Hey did they ask for any documents other than id and biometrics Appointment letter?  I have heard someone got sent back becoz they didnt bring marriage certificate!! Which wasnt mentioned on notice !

4 minutes ago, Andynov6 said:

Hey did they ask for any documents other than id and biometrics Appointment letter?  I have heard someone got sent back becoz they didnt bring marriage certificate!! Which wasnt mentioned on notice !

I brought my marriage certificate. The receptionist DID give me a hard time because my bio letter was in my married name but my K1 Visa was in my maiden name. He refused to even look at my MC though and he was ready to send me in to speak to an onsite USCIS officer. Luckily another receptionist set him straight. 

I'd say bring your MC because they are just as ignorant as SSA.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

13 minutes ago, Andynov6 said:

Hello. So yes in my situation I brought a copy of my marriage certificate (just to be safe) because my drivers license has my maiden name on it and while filing the AOS paperwork I am now using my married name. Everything I  brought was 

- appointment letter

- ID

- marriage certificate 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.