Summerleaf

What is section 212(a)(5)(a) for K1?

25 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, ClaudRy said:

Hi, please help me what is 212(a)(5)(a)

So, you ask about 212(a)(5)(a). Did you in some way receive information with these numbers attached?  If not, why did you specifically mention this?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I am nervous now after reading this thread.  Ceac said “issued” for us, but we still have not received visa yet.  

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Diane and Chris said:

So, you ask about 212(a)(5)(a). Did you in some way receive information with these numbers attached?  If not, why did you specifically mention this?  

I was just worried , coz during the interview I was asked if I have an to work. i said MAYBE HELP MY FIANCÉS BUSINESS. Then one of the benificiary I met received that and research and in my understanding that something certification to work but someone clarify to me i'm fine and nothing to worry about. I thought that 212a5a has something to do with my answer.

41 minutes ago, ClaudRy said:

I was just worried , coz during the interview I was asked if I have an to work. i said MAYBE HELP MY FIANCÉS BUSINESS. Then one of the benificiary I met received that and research and in my understanding that something certification to work but someone clarify to me i'm fine and nothing to worry about. I thought that 212a5a has something to do with my answer.

Sounds like you have been turned down because you said you would be working upon arrival.  K-1 cannot work until they get all the necessary documents...usually 6 to 8 months after arriving in US, even for your fiance.

17 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

Sounds like you have been turned down because you said you would be working upon arrival.  K-1 cannot work until they get all the necessary documents...usually 6 to 8 months after arriving in US, even for your fiance.

I don't completely agree.  He asked if she will work.  He didn't ask if she will work as soon as she gets there.  Many beneficiaries never plan on getting a job.  I would hope that Rose would answer yes because she does plan on working here but of course, not until she can legally.  I think there was a vagueness in the question and an honest answer.  

Also, the OP has not received a 221(g).  She is just trying to do some research because she is concerned about that answer.  She has given her passport to the Embassy and simply has not heard anything back yet.  No 221(g) was issued.  

I think she is OK.  She answered the question honestly.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
19 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I don't completely agree.  He asked if she will work.  He didn't ask if she will work as soon as she gets there.  Many beneficiaries never plan on getting a job.  I would hope that Rose would answer yes because she does plan on working here but of course, not until she can legally.  I think there was a vagueness in the question and an honest answer.  

Also, the OP has not received a 221(g).  She is just trying to do some research because she is concerned about that answer.  She has given her passport to the Embassy and simply has not heard anything back yet.  No 221(g) was issued.  

I think she is OK.  She answered the question honestly.

Thank you John... I was soliciting advises and I only count the positive one. 🙏 

I'd advise following correct advises, not just positive ones.

But in this case they are one and the same.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

20 minutes ago, ClaudRy said:

Thank you John... I was soliciting advises and I only count the positive one. 🙏 

I think some of the negative advice came from people who thought you were already issued the 221(g). It was an honest mistake. Everybody here wants to help you. Sometimes the bad is correct. I truly don’t know what the delay is for you but I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with your honest answer to the CO. 

Please come back back to let us know when you get your visa!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I think some of the negative advice came from people who thought you were already issued the 221(g). It was an honest mistake. Everybody here wants to help you. Sometimes the bad is correct. I truly don’t know what the delay is for you but I sincerely doubt it has anything to do with your honest answer to the CO. 

Please come back back to let us know when you get your visa!

Rest assured I will share my journey. When it comes my answers I only qualify if participant has the same case or experienced according to my question or an immigration lawyer. Either bad or good I will take it from these two. But some members they are just make comments based on their instinct or no basis, so I ignore coz it won't help me. It just a wise I think like me who is already frustrated to choose whom to listen...

My fiancé already asked help from Senator and I hope to hear from them soonest and I also initiate to write to the consulate about my case through courier. I am praying and hoping this will go through...🙏

Just now, ClaudRy said:

My fiancé already asked help from Senator and I hope to hear from them soonest and I also initiate to write to the consulate about my case through courier. I am praying and hoping this will go through...🙏

Good luck to you. I believe you will hear something next week. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.