jeszy

When can i get a US Passport?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
8 hours ago, TM92 said:

Odd, I don't see LA on the appointment system: https://ifr.mfa.gov.hu/

Found the instructions, https://losangeles.mfa.gov.hu/eng/page/consular-information:

You can set up an appointment by calling the following telephone number: (310) 473-9344 only on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I kind of wonder if the OP could apply at an embassy or consulate in another country if they have to in person. There are certainly Hungarian consulates and embassies closer to Guam than LA.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

I kind of wonder if the OP could apply at an embassy or consulate in another country if they have to in person. There are certainly Hungarian consulates and embassies closer to Guam than LA.

OP will need to contact the Tokyo and Manila embassies and inquire if they can issue OP a passport. Also, both embassies are not listed on the appointment system; looks like email is the method to set up appointments. Tokyo email: mission.tio@mfa.gov.hu Manila email: Consulate.MNL@mfa.gov.hu

A less reliable method is to wait for a mobile unit to come closer (e.g. Honolulu), http://hungary.honoraryconsulate.network/honolulu/passports:

The Embassy recognizes the fact that for a large country such as the US there are not enough points of application. The Embassy, therefore, from time to time may send out mobile units so that the local Honorary Consul may host a “consular day” in which the consul from the Embassy in Washington visits the locale and receives applications locally. Check with your Honorary Consul to determine whether such a visit is planned.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 10/31/2018 at 8:07 AM, jeszy said:

Okay so i have to go back and renew my Hungarian passport then. Thank you for the quick answer. 

Find the closest Hungarian consulate to you. AFAIK there is one in Chicago, New York, Washington DC and LA. There is also "tiszteletbeli konzul" in other cities, but I am not sure if they can help you getting a new passport. I am not sure how long it would take at the consulate to get a new passport.

Other options would be to travel home, the passport still needs to be valid for that to be able to use it.

Now it's late anyway, but you knew that your passport is valid for only two years.... You should have renewed it before getting the visa.....

I renewed all my foreign ID's and stuff before I left so won't need to worry about them....

https://washington.mfa.gov.hu/search?q=guam

Btw how can  you travel let's say to LA or Washington without abandoning your status before getting AP or GC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On 10/31/2018 at 11:30 PM, Highmystic said:

For clarification as I've seen a couple different quotes here, is it 3 years from POE, or 3 years from Marriage date?

It is 3 years FROM your GC issuance date... The marriage or POE date is irrelevant for K1. For CR1 would be the POE date....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.