27 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, this isn't the first time on here but now I am here because I am very desperate for help. Let me tell you guys my story, I fell in love with my current BF who is also my ex husband in 2015, we were together but because of distance and other problems we broke up in 2016, we had gotten married that year. Filed divorced in 2017. Recently we have rekindled our relationship and want to get back together... the distance is a problem. He is in DR and I am in the USA. He has gone to apply for B1/B2 visa but was denied. I am a US citizen and want him to come stay with me. What is the best and route you guys reccomend me taking. We were already married, should we get married again and go for an I-130, or go for K-1? Will him applying for B2 and also us being divorced affect either of these processes? We do not have any kids... but want to get pregnant very soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, sonewyork said:

Hello everyone, this isn't the first time on here but now I am here because I am very desperate for help. Let me tell you guys my story, I fell in love with my current BF who is also my ex husband in 2015, we were together but because of distance and other problems we broke up in 2016, we had gotten married that year. Filed divorced in 2017. Recently we have rekindled our relationship and want to get back together... the distance is a problem. He is in DR and I am in the USA. He has gone to apply for B1/B2 visa but was denied. I am a US citizen and want him to come stay with me. What is the best and route you guys reccomend me taking. We were already married, should we get married again and go for an I-130, or go for K-1? Will him applying for B2 and also us being divorced affect either of these processes? We do not have any kids... but want to get pregnant very soon.

Him applying for a B2 and being denied will have no impact.. unless he lied on the application, if not, no issues.

Technically you can go either route, K-1 or CR-1 since you're both single.... but perhaps because of already having been married to eachother, getting married again and filing for a CR-1 visa is better option. 

People will say pro's and con's of each; but both are options. K-1 will take probably 7-9 months... CR-1 11-13 months I think... 

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

19 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Him applying for a B2 and being denied will have no impact.. unless he lied on the application, if not, no issues.

Technically you can go either route, K-1 or CR-1 since you're both single.... but perhaps because of already having been married to eachother, getting married again and filing for a CR-1 visa is better option. 

People will say pro's and con's of each; but both are options. K-1 will take probably 7-9 months... CR-1 11-13 months I think... 

Thank You! what is a CR-1?

Just now, sonewyork said:

Thank You! what is a CR-1?

is it the same as I-130?

~~moved to what visa do I need from K1 progress reports ~~

Cr1 starts with an I-130.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Try this link from this website. It can help you. 

https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

K1 you coming as a Fiancé and CR1 / IR1 as married . Link will tell you the difference I went with the CR1 instead of the K1

17 hours ago, sonewyork said:

I agree with what other VJ members have suggested but I just wanted to add... About what you said about you wanting to get pregnant very soon... both the CR1/IR1 and K-1 visa routes are both taking at least a year or more now. Their processing times are actually closer together than they were in previous years (and not for the better). In your case I would go the IR1/CR1 route but please know that if you get pregnant soon it will NOT expedite the immigration process or make it any easier. So please be careful if you try to get pregnant soon. Especially since he won’t be able to travel here during your pregnancy since he was denied a B2. Just some things to keep in mind. Best of luck to you!

Edited by K & R

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

CR1 would be the best  option to the US.

The quickest option would be for you to move or visit.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

there is no fast. you are looking at up to a year, maybe more, no matter how you do it.

being pregnant wont help. the time line or the relationship.

unless you solved the issues from your past, things wont be better in the future.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Your fastest way to be together is move to the DR. You will have to deal with the long distance which ever process (k1 or cr1) you choose so keep that in mind. Having a child creates more stress as well.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When was the last time you saw each other? Do you visit often. Like others have said the wait is getting longer and longer expect 12 to 15 months. And the DR is not fast when it comes to scheduling interviews so may be longer so saddle up for a wait.

Congratulations on getting back together. Wishing you all the best.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

4 hours ago, K & R said:

I agree with what other VJ members have suggested but I just wanted to add... About what you said about you wanting to get pregnant very soon... both the CR1/IR1 and K-1 visa routes are both taking at least a year or more now. Their processing times are actually closer together than they were in previous years (and not for the better). In your case I would go the IR1/CR1 route but please know that if you get pregnant soon it will NOT expedite the immigration process or make it any easier. So please be careful if you try to get pregnant soon. Especially since he won’t be able to travel here during your pregnancy since he was denied a B2. Just some things to keep in mind. Best of luck to you!

I do not want to get pregnant while he is still on DR so that isn’t to worry. But if we were to raise a family I’d rather it be here. 

3 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

When was the last time you saw each other? Do you visit often. Like others have said the wait is getting longer and longer expect 12 to 15 months. And the DR is not fast when it comes to scheduling interviews so may be longer so saddle up for a wait.

Congratulations on getting back together. Wishing you all the best.

We saw each other in August, I’m assuming the CR1 process is cheaper and more convenient. We will not have a baby until we are together. 

1 hour ago, Luckycuds said:

Your fastest way to be together is move to the DR. You will have to deal with the long distance which ever process (k1 or cr1) you choose so keep that in mind. Having a child creates more stress as well.

I guess we will have to wait because I have a stable job and life here in the USA and there is a difference in life style. I though the k2 was gaste  but seems as if they are around the same time. 

11 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

Seems like separation has played a role in the previous problems you had before. You should be prepared because whichever process you choose will take a long time. Possibly a year or more. This means you will have to endure long periods of separation again. Before moving forward, both you and he should be aware of this and commit to overcoming this obstacle. It will make your relationship stronger when you are finally together.

Best of luck to you.

You are right, we are willing to wait but I wanted to know which one of the 2 is more convenient. Especially because we were already married before I don’t want any problems when filing our papers. 

2 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

there is no fast. you are looking at up to a year, maybe more, no matter how you do it.

being pregnant wont help. the time line or the relationship.

unless you solved the issues from your past, things wont be better in the future.

1 hour ago, Luckycuds said:

I guess we will wait then... do you think is being divorced and marrying again will affect the process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.